Preview Round 19, 2024: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 20 July 2024 (Sat), 4:35pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch said Massimo could have played on but since we had a like for like replacement in Harry we pulled the trigger early.

Will have to wait on whether the medical staff clear him to play but sounded pretty minor. Fingers crossed.

Ginni straight in if fit. Morrison or Massimo (if injured) to make way.

Gunston in for Sicily if the skipper isn’t right.

Impey Frost Dimma
Weddle Scrim Amon
CJ Newk Mass (or Harry)
Moore Dear Croc
Watto Chol Sicily (or Gunner)
Meek Nash Day
Worpel Frenchie Ginni Ward
Sub: Bruest (or Harry if Ginni doesn’t play)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies to those who don't bet but the early market has Hawks 1.90 and Pies 1.95.
Huge game, huge crowd but we've been through it all with Richmond so it wont be terra incognita for our group.
I reckon we've been priming ourselves for this game.

If Ginnivan is fit then he's straight back in for Breust/Morrison, or Massimo if he doesn't get up - though sounds like he's fine.

Sicily to stay forward. Hardwick back. Shouldn't need to look at bringing in another tall down back as Pies will likely be running a fairly small/medium height forward line.

My gut feeling is that we won't bring Finn in to tag Daicos. I think Sam likes the balance we have and won't want to mess with it. But I could also easily see us going that way given it's worked so well for us previously.

If Ginni plays Collingwood will be in major feral mode with the boos. Ollie Henry still cops it big time
Ollie Henry left them though on his own accord. Ginni was pushed out and a lot of their fans are still fond of him and quietly pissed they traded him out. Think there will be some but probably a little respect as well for a premiership player who initially wanted to stay.

Apparently they're bringing in Cox and McStay for this. Throwing the sink.

McStay only played a half in the 2s and looked pretty far off it.

If they play both we should run them off their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back