Autopsy Round 19, 2024: Saints v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a forum. Not a let's agree with everything the club and Joffa says cult šŸ˜†
I like Brad Hill...think he's been very good the last couple of years, and as you've noted, very good for the indigenous boys and team in general, but I do think the club was obsessed and transfixed on getting a big signing over the practicalities of the list at the time. There were other things that needed more tending too, than bringing Brad Hill over from Freo at any cost.
that by the by though, he's now a 100+ game player for the Saints.
Well done to him.

Yup spot on. Heā€™s been a decent acquisition, not amazing but decent. But also we paid too much. Both can be true.

Sincs can still do some dumb things at times , has a habit of kicking into the man on the mark, but yes we need more skilled players
If he is our worst player we win the GF by 15 goals - was terrific today. Hasnā€™t been consistently at the same level as the last 2 years as he missed a heap of preseason with his calf so started behind the 8 ball.

Just saw the incident, knee on knee with Reid. Hopefully nothing major.
He did it just to the left of us......when he was limping.....it looked really bad......he could hardly walk.

My heart sank as I recalled what he did against the Pies earlier in the season.

If he is our worst player we win the GF by 15 goals - was terrific today. Hasnā€™t been consistently at the same level as the last 2 years as he missed a heap of preseason with his calf so started behind the 8 ball.
Can you read ?

Not really fussed about the result. Iā€™m another year of exploration dissapointed that we saw Garcia not get a full game. Schoey dropped when we are out of finals contention. Perfect game for them. Anyways the boys played great.

Sincs, Steele, skunk, Wilkie.

How do we get another 3 Sinclairā€™s
As mentioned earlier....a win is a win is a win.

Not long back in the door and do you think we celebrated hard....YOU BET YA !!!!!!

Wins by that margin don't drop out of the sky every week.......after the year we've had....you take it every day of the week plus twice on a Sunday.

And....with our last 2 games against the Weagles....we have just fallen over the line both times.

FUN FACT ALERT:

That was our biggest winning margin under RBT MK-2.

How good was it seeing Tim turning the clock back !!!!!

Absolutely awesome !!!!!

A few of us pre game were discussing whether we thought Tim was "at the end of the line"

After some of the marks he took and slotting great goals...we could have sworn his index finger was raised in our general direction....LOVE IT !!!!!!

Again....a special shout out to Aisle 32(that bay appeared packed from our seats).....they were on fire again and Mason Wood duly saluted.......and then...so did they !!!!!!1

I was very surprised that 18,200 rocked up given the absolutely horrendous weather in Melb today.

Kudos to Hilly on his milestone game...Sincs,....Nas....Ro was outstanding and the Quarter general Wilks reliable as ever.

Bring on the Planes next Sat........that will be an extremely interesting game..

I think we've all been desensitised this year. Over three hours after the game when we won by 70+ and the autopsy thread is only 3 pages long!

The clean up of the splooge of us putting a team to the sword is taking far too long, and since they seemed to like the whip, we're organising the water canons. It's just taking a while as the drivers suck.

Also, it's West Coast and they sent their WAFL side and were basically lack on most of their indicators prematch, kind of as evidenced by us smashing them in forward tackles I50. Who do we smash in that area of the ground instead of bemoaning the intercept defenders absconding with it?

My first thought for Stocks on that footage in the rooms, was how good is it that a young bloke who has opened himself up on his mental health issues now looks so happy. I'm really happy for him.

We built a club full of great people. They might just be the shoulders on which greatness is reached one day by our kids.
I was very very fortunate to be at a function early last season and Stocks was one of the 2 guest players who were to speak.

He spoke incredibly well and opened up on "his story"

It was lump in the throat stuff.

I went home that night thinking what an very very impressive young man he is and hoped like hell that he has a great career at the Saints.

Think he might have been told to use his hands at every opportunity & not kick - much safer option!
Bad choice of words by myself TC ...but you "Trumped me"

The above was that magical day in Tassie at UTAS.

Josh Bruce anyone ?????

:) :) :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we've all been desensitised this year. Over three hours after the game when we won by 70+ and the autopsy thread is only 3 pages long!
Maybe the punters are still in disbelief.....or still at the pubs.

Venues near the ground were packed.

Interesting to hear Ross mention Dow and Keeler in the presser.
What chance a debut for Keeler next week?
He would add some height to what is a small forward line.

I certainly want Keeler to debut before season's end.

Maybe Owens for Keeler. Give Owens a run as a mid at Sandy?

Dow for Henry.

As mentioned earlier....a win is a win is a win.

Not long back in the door and do you think we celebrated hard....YOU BET YA !!!!!!

Wins by that margin don't drop out of the sky every week.......after the year we've had....you take it every day of the week plus twice on a Sunday.

And....with our last 2 games against the Weagles....we have just fallen over the line both times.

FUN FACT ALERT:

That was our biggest winning margin under RBT MK-2.

How good was it seeing Tim turning the clock back !!!!!

Absolutely awesome !!!!!

A few of us pre game were discussing whether we thought Tim was "at the end of the line"

After some of the marks he took and slotting great goals...we could have sworn his index finger was raised in our general direction....LOVE IT !!!!!!

Again....a special shout out to Aisle 32(that bay appeared packed from our seats).....they were on fire again and Mason Wood duly saluted.......and then...so did they !!!!!!1

I was very surprised that 18,200 rocked up given the absolutely horrendous weather in Melb today.

Kudos to Hilly on his milestone game...Sincs,....Nas....Ro was outstanding and the Quarter general Wilks reliable as ever.

Bring on the Planes next Sat........that will be an extremely interesting game..
I wish we would give NAS a long contract.

Sincs can still do some dumb things at times , has a habit of kicking into the man on the mark, but yes we need more skilled players
I saw him do it once today. First time in about 3 years I think.

His touch , cleanliness and disposal is out of this world. Once again wilks and Sincs two rookies

I saw him do it once today. First time in about 3 years I think.

His touch , cleanliness and disposal is out of this world. Once again wilks and Sincs two rookies
First time in 3 Years , man talk about being a fan bo

So you say it's a forum and not just agree with me then goes ahead and agrees with me.
ok

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It can be more than one thing šŸ™„ Jesus, man. What do you work in...accounting right!? Something that's meant to be black or white, like the law...except that neither of them are. You can fudge any number to get the result you want...It's the same with opinions. They don't mean much except to the person that has them...or those that agree or disagree with them. That's how belief works and lines become easily blurred. As such no one owes you, me, or anyone else, anything here, and no one needs to pull their head in because they don't see things your way.
There's no point in being holier than thou...God has no place on the Saints board...and frankly we're all too weird a collective unit to attempt to pull it off anyway šŸ˜‰
Enjoy the win šŸ»

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024: Saints v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back