Preview Round 19 - Essendon VS Adelaide, Marvel, Friday 19/7/24, 7:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From VFL I liked Jayden, Menzie, Roberts and Tex. The mids are just way too wasteful with the ball.

Perkins for Jayden, Kelly for Tex and I'd be happy. Neither will happen and I'll continue to go mad.
I really don't see anyone coming in off a 5 day break for the VFL

I really don't see anyone coming in off a 5 day break for the VFL
Fair. Though doubt it would happen on a 10 day break.

We desperately need to start blooding some of these kids. I'm really liking Tex's game down back. Reminding me of Callum AhChee or Will Powell. Not going to star there but just a more reliable balance to his game than Heppell or Kelly. He just looks AFL quality, but not a prolific game that's going to bang down the door. Jayden looks like the best option as a pure crumbing forward we have atm.

if you were only allowed to bring 1 (non Hobbs) VFL player into the side who would it be?

I think it would be great to give Hayes 1 month at CHB before Baldwin comes back. Give him a. Chance to show something and then go back to the VFL with things to work on

if you were only allowed to bring 1 (non Hobbs) VFL player into the side who would it be?

I think it would be great to give Hayes 1 month at CHB before Baldwin comes back. Give him a. Chance to show something and then go back to the VFL with things to work on
Why not Hobbs?

Would like to see multiple changes but we know Scott won’t do that so expecting to see something like;-

OUT: Hind, Caddy
IN: Hobbs, Lav

Forward line the big issue - pretty much everyone there is down on form and need to lift…I’d like to see Cox and Jones rotate between wing and CHF, and Martin to play full time forward.

Redman McKay Kelly
Ridley Lav McGrath
Cox Caldwell Duursma
Martin Jones Guelfi
2MP Langford Gresham

Draper Durham Merrett

Bench: Shiel Hobbs Heppell Stringer
SUB: Perkins

Fair. Though doubt it would happen on a 10 day break.

We desperately need to start blooding some of these kids. I'm really liking Tex's game down back. Reminding me of Callum AhChee or Will Powell. Not going to star there but just a more reliable balance to his game than Heppell or Kelly. He just looks AFL quality, but not a prolific game that's going to bang down the door. Jayden looks like the best option as a pure crumbing forward we have atm.
Wanganeen makes Heppell look like Matthew Scarlett defensively.
I like they are playing him in the back half but he is a mile off as actually defending and finding his man or opponent.

Jayden was better pressure wise but the opposition run off him a lot and he has a limited tank .

It would be good is the blood a few more but they are not really going to go too far out of the box while they are still a decent chance to play finals.
They are most likely papering over a few cracks but the have to go for it.

I suspect the changes may be Goldy for Wright . Hobbs and Laverde back for ?

Not sure if there is a real correlation but noticed Lav wearing the B-team red top in the pics from todays training session.

Wanganeen makes Heppell look like Matthew Scarlett defensively.
I like they are playing him in the back half but he is a mile off as actually defending and finding his man or opponent.

Jayden was better pressure wise but the opposition run off him a lot and he has a limited tank .

It would be good is the blood a few more but they are not really going to go too far out of the box while they are still a decent chance to play finals.
They are most likely papering over a few cracks but the have to go for it.

I suspect the changes may be Goldy for Wright . Hobbs and Laverde back for ?

Unless he isn't following his man up the field against instruction, Tex looked like the plus one for a lot time this week. But previously I've thought he played shoulder well enough.

Unless he isn't following his man up the field against instruction, Tex looked like the plus one for a lot time this week. But previously I've thought he played shoulder well enough.
I have never seen us play plus on in the back half at VFL level . He looked like he was losing players in transition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright possibly dropped and Hobbs and Goldy in …

Yeah I’m not opposed to dropping Wright, although I’d probably keep him in at marvel

But dropping him for Goldstein definitely doesn’t help anything. Wright has his weaknesses, but there’s nothing there that Goldstein is going to address.

Would have to be Goldstein rucking and Scott thinking that Draper will give a better contest up forward than Wright. I’d just rather go more mobile if we were dropping wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back