Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reef and McStay will surely come into the team this week. Maybe give Bytel a bite of the cherry in place of Long though one last chance against his old club might bring something our of him.

Season on the line sort of stuff, lose this then its all but over.
It's over. And that's a statement I hope makes me look a fool in 7 weeks time.....but it won't.
Sad Face GIF

Then you haven't been watching clearly. He's prob top 5 in our copeland atm. He's had a much improved year from 2023. Tackling harder, where no longer concerned about his shoulder.
Because of our injuries, he is one of 9 players that have played every game this year. And to score well, you need to play nearly every game.

Top 5.. Naicos, Cameron, Crisp. Bruzzy will poll well, because coaches will give votes because the role he plays. And then the others to have played every game are Moore, Lippa, Jaicos, IQ and Bobby.
So yes, he will be up there-abouts.
And maybe i haven't been watching clearly, but he certainly doesn't stand out for his tackling for me. Only his running all day. Sometimes where the ball aint.

Anyway, i am at opposite ends to you. :thumbsu:

Then you haven't been watching clearly. He's prob top 5 in our copeland atm. He's had a much improved year from 2023. Tackling harder, where no longer concerned about his shoulder.
I'm with you Jen. Apart from the past 2 games, it's been great seeing Lippa play with much more confidence in his shoulders & it's shown with a much improved first half of the year.

It's been hard to find anyone who's played well in the past 2 games, so he's definitely not on his own there.

They are very quick. Grunt isn't helpful if you can't go with them when they burst out of the middle.
Please don’t start telling us again about how scared you are of Hawthorn.
It’s really boring.

For all the carry on we currently sit six points off fourth. Can turn this around quickly. I still have faith. Side by Side and Back-to-back.
So is 6 other teams. That is what makes it difficult. So many teams on the same amount of points. Results would have to go your way

8th is our best hope, and thats best case senario if we win 4 out of the last 6, which will be a challenge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is 6 other teams. That is what makes it difficult. So many teams on the same amount of points. Results would have to go your way

8th is our best hope, and thats best case senario if we win 4 out of the last 6, which will be a challenge

What if we won all 6?

Centre clearances and getting the ball inside 50 are the areas we need to improve. Teams are controlling to ball and denying us possessions and making us work so har without it.

Can’t see mcstay coming back in this week on the back of 40 mins in the vfl

Out Markov, Shultz
In bytel, Sullivan

Sub Harrison

Out: Lipinski
In: Macrae.

Like-for-like, except Macrae has better handball skills.

Both can’t tackle, can’t mark overhead, have no pace, and poor decision making under pressure. And Lipinski has been poor all year.
correct on Mcrae, Lipinski can have some stinkers but at least can play the game. I'm still puzzled as to what our recruiting team saw in Mcrae.

correct on Mcrae, Lipinski can have some stinkers but at least can play the game. I'm still puzzled as to what our recruiting team saw in Mcrae.
It’s Macrae.
McRae is the coach.

They're only giving him 40 mins in the VFL. Clearly is not ready for AFL footy.

People wanting to rush him back need to remember he's not a superstar and he hasn't played in 12 months, he needs time
Lol thankfully it is not up to you he played very well and is a lock for this week, sadly eh?

For all the carry on we currently sit six points off fourth. Can turn this around quickly. I still have faith. Side by Side and Back-to-back.
We need to get to 12 wins with a decent percentage to take 8th spot in my calculations.

We need to beat Haw and Rich next two weeks, and then any two of the games against Carlton, Brisbane (MCG), Melbourne, or Sydney (SCG). I reckon we sneak into 8th spot, and then from there it is anyones game.

We need to get to 12 wins with a decent percentage to take 8th spot in my calculations.

We need to beat Haw and Rich next two weeks, and then any two of the games against Carlton, Brisbane (MCG), Melbourne, or Sydney (SCG). I reckon we sneak into 8th spot, and then from there it is anyones game.
Optimistic but realistic. Snap the streak boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back