Game Day Round 23 vs. Brisbane, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 17/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see him off the HB flank for a bit. Go from there.
At first I see him as a defender. Obviously I'm guessing at this point.
OK, maybe rotating through midfield and hb then?
I would like him to be selected for a believed capacity to play for some time through the midfield, because that is where our major weakness lies atm.
It seems that we almost lost to carlton, and then did lose to the Swans because our midfielders had no response in the final stages of the game to an opposition midfield beast. I attribute this to the mass fatigue accumulated over the season by all our players being forced to play additional midfield time to compensate for the loss of both jdg and mitchell. I feel that an extra reinforcement there is essential for us to have a chance against Brisbane.

IN: N.Kreuger, R.McInnes, F.Macrae, E.Allan
OUT: D.Mcstay (managed), L.Schulz (suspended), P.Lipinski (omitted), N.Long (omitted)

B: B.Maynard - B.Frampton - I.Quaynor
HB: J.Howe - D.Moore - J.Noble
C: J.Daicos - S.Pendlebury - S.Sidebottom
HF: J.Richards - W.Hoskin-Elliott - B.McCreery
F: J.Elliott - N.Kreuger - B.Hill
R: D.Cameron - J.Crisp - N.Daicos
I: R.McInnes - F.Macrae - E.Allan - M.Cox
S: J.Bytel

OUT: D.Mcstay (managed), L.Schulz (suspended), P.Lipinski (omitted), N.Long (omitted)

a) Why is Schulz suspended? Did I miss something?
b) Why are we managing McStay now? Potentially, has only 2 more games to play.
c) Why are we omitting Long when he was much improved?
d) Why are we including Kreuger, who was very unimpressive in the VFL?

Agree with omission of Lipinski and Bytel...and inclusion of Reef and Richards.

I can't imagine we'd be managing Dan. He's worked his arse off to play this year, he's not going to miss any games now.

Schultz suspended? Haven't heard that news.

I think Freddy was pretty ordinary yesterday in the VFL.

Long had his best game for us last night.

Richards definitely deserves a full game next week. He hasn't played any football since the Hawks game, (I'm not counting 47 seconds) so he'd be frothing to get out there.

Reef had a good game in the VFL, maybe bring him in for Lippa?

I can't imagine we'd be managing Dan. He's worked his arse off to play this year, he's not going to miss any games now.

Schultz suspended? Haven't heard that news.

I think Freddy was pretty ordinary yesterday in the VFL.

Long had his best game for us last night.

Richards definitely deserves a full game next week. He hasn't played any football since the Hawks game, (I'm not counting 47 seconds) so he'd be frothing to get out there.

Reef had a good game in the VFL, maybe bring him in for Lippa?
You just said what I said :hearteyes:

He needs to get a little fitter.
Yes, potential there.

Reef’s had four pre-seasons with us already and still looks knackered playing as a forward. I just don’t think he has the physiological make-up to ever be fit enough for an AFL-level midfield role. He also seems to lack play-reading instincts necessary to play as a mid or a forward at AFL level. I reckon it’s half-back flank or bust for Reefer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Play Fin as a full time mid for the last 2 games, put him in the core group st centre bounce attendances (which is apparently his strength, yet he’s only had one full game in that role).

I guess factors that might go into selection:

(1) If there are any players who will be out of contract and a decision hasn’t 100% been made to cut them / extend them. List of out of contract players:

Begg (injured)
Dean
Bytel
Howe (Surely we wouldn’t need to play him to decide if he’s staying / going)
Richards
Carmichael (retired)
Eyre
Sullivan
Krueger
Murphy (retired)
Long
Markov
Steene (injured)
McInnis
Sidebottom (Surely we wouldn’t need to play him to decide if he’s staying / going)
WHE (I think it’s been announced that he’s getting a contract?)

(2) Give players a taste of AFL who haven’t had it yet

Harry D
Eyre
Ilro (Surely would be nowhere near ready yet?)

(1) If there are any players who will be out of contract and a decision hasn’t 100% been made to cut them / extend them. List of out of contract players:

Begg (injured)
Dean
Bytel
Richards
Carmichael (retired)
Eyre
Sullivan
Krueger
Murphy (retired)
Long
Markov
Steene (injured)
McInnis
Sidebottom (Surely we wouldn’t need to play him to decide if he’s staying / going)

Harry D
Eyre

Howe apparently hit a trigger for an extension on Friday night so will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Out: Lipinski (needs a rocket for his piss weak efforts this year), Bytel (not up to it)
In: Mcinness and macrae (not a fan, give him last few games then make a decision)

Sub: Schultz, richards to play full game

Begg (injured)
Dean
Bytel
Richards
Carmichael (retired)
Eyre
Sullivan
Krueger
Murphy (retired)
Long
Markov
Steene (injured)
McInnis

Harry D
Eyre
Given we can still make finals, we need to win. So need best possible team out there still.

It’s not as over as we had thought given the losses to Freo and Essendon.

Expect the dogs to win today and take 6th spot. They’ll be on 52 points and a healthy percentage, which is beyond our reach.

Winner of Hawthorn and Carlton take 7th. Carlton already are a game ahead so they’ll go two ahead and better percentage. We won’t catch them if they win this. Hawthorn will be one game ahead and better percentage. So either of them will take 7th.

8th spot is all we can achieve now. It’s a really long shot because it’s beyond just us winning now. We have to rely on other results in our favour. So far so good this round. Just not our game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just need to get it done, and start riding some other teams!
But we just must win lads!!

My personal choice:

Out: Schultz, Noble
In: Markov, Kreuger

What will most likely happen:

Out: Bytel, Richards (because he didn't get 30 possessions in 47 seconds)
In: Reef, Kreuger

Why is anyone picking Kreuger to play again? He was pitiful in the ressies on Friday.

We've got tall targets up front now, bring in speed against the Lions. A tagger for Neale would be nice too. Titch usually kills him and you can bet Neale will be licking his lips this week playing us without him.

I’d go with an unchanged team considering how much our injury toll and player rotation has affected our cohesion. The team has functioned better since we’ve had relative stability in the last two weeks. We did a lot right on Friday but we just didn’t nail those gettable shots in the second half.

I’m looking forward to seeing if it can really click this week and I think it will.

Play Allan for final two games to accelerate his development and Fin and Reef to try to inject some trade value/interest in them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They’re not gonna suddenly spike in trade value now.

We need them to start becoming regulars more than any spike in value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back