Round 2 2013: St Kilda v Richmond- Live Chat from 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe no-one is tipping the Saints. If we hadn't pinched that win at the last minute in 2012, they'd currently be on something like a 14-game winning streak against us.

Yeah not sure why no one is tipping Saints, Tigers fell over the line against the Blues and Saints have a good record against them, have Montagna and Dempster back.

Way to go out on a limb. Sydney v Gold Coast could also be closer than some expect. Obviously 2 goals isnt that far off. Most betting companies have the line around 3 goals

A lot of people I've talked to have been saying that Tigers will smash St.Kilda. I believe it will be between 1-2 goals

Bit premature to be making this thread 90 years before the game starts, isn't it?

Footy%20in%202103.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah not sure why no one is tipping Saints
I do, we played pretty poorly and lost to Gold Coast last week (although that is no great disgrace this year, as they are a much fitter and stronger team now and when Gazza goes into "Freak Mode" it's pretty damn hard to stop, especially when you're spent) in a match that was played almost without stoppages, which meant that it was pretty much end to end running for two hours, leaving both teams pretty much spent by about half way through the 3rd quarter.

We apparently had 13 or 14 who cramped during the match and instead of going back to the club, or home, to get immediate treatment, got on a plane and flew home that night and now are backing up just 6 days later, against a team who I dare say got through their game last week (which they won) much better and who had a whole 8 days to recover from that, which means they will have also had at least one extra full training session than us, in which they could have worked on specific tactics for the game and so on.

Richmond also look to have a more settled line-up, with our backline in particular looking unsettled with a few personnel changes and if Fisher and Dempster both play, will also be relatively underdone and lacking match fitness.

Then there is the fact that it is at the MCG, where we rarely play and that they beat us last time, at Etihad (although we have a stronger team in than we did that night).

Those are some reasons for starters. It's very much Richmonds game to lose, with all that going for them. As soon as I heard that they were $1.70 with one of the betting companies on Monday I rushed to back them with the company I bet with, but unfortunately they didn't have the odds up yet and now they're apparently in to $1.30, which I think is about right, but now really worth me jumping on now.

Despite Richmond just winning last week they should run over the Saints consider they have a 2 extra days break and the Saints are coming of that grueling game in those humid conditions

Saints for me

Leigh Fisher BOG after being a late inclusion.
So many will miss this joke. The fact that you are the one making it, makes it all the more beautiful.

My prediction: considering the Tigers fadeout last week against the Blues in the last quarter, and our fadeout against the blaring Suns, Channel 7 will receive tons of phone calls from people around 9:30, complaining about the whole game having been put on slow motion replay.

I really hope the Tiges will win and stick it to the Saints Supporters but unfortunately I can't see it happen
Saints by 4 goals

Only thing I could see killing the tigers is their goal kicking though. Not sure what's going on with their scoring shots at the moment. Wasn't too flash in the NAB either.

Same at saints though bluelegs think they hit the post four times last week Gold Coast three I think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 2013: St Kilda v Richmond- Live Chat from 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back