Preview Round 2, 2017; Hawthorn v Adelaide, 1 April 2017 @ 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I swear everyone just forgets about what whitex brings to the team. Tackles, spreads hard and is composed with ball in hand.

Should be the first change made imo. Takes Hartung's place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no one's forgotten WhiteX, except maybe Clarko!

But Adelaide have two talls in Tex and Jenkins, we only have Frawley.

Jenkins 200cm
Tex 194cm
Lynch 191cm
McGovern 191cm

4 talls. But they play small as well. You beat us with an intercept free man (the WC McGovern, Enright) type player

Jenkins 200cm
Tex 194cm
Lynch 191cm
McGovern 191cm

4 talls. But they play small as well. You beat us with an intercept free man (the WC McGovern, Enright) type player

Frawley goes to Tex.

Lynch or McGovern picked up by Sicily (assuming he plays back), Gibson or Birchall. The other one tries to play as the spare, potentially with Hodge dropping back too.

Duryea (assuming he doesn't get dropped) gets Cameron.

Stratton gets Betts.

Which leaves Jenkins. And probably means that Shoey goes back...

Would be surprised if McGovern plays. Bad ankle and copped a knock to the head which the club is playing down, but 5AA reported that he was knocked out and he was definitely lying still for a while. Reckon he'll be out along with Otten or Kelly and Tex and Lever in.

Of course, WhiteX was mentioned earlier by a poster, he played really well when brought back into the side in the second half of last year; he was great value for the side. Maybe give him a go in place of Hartung. Billy did well for the first quater but seemed to fade from there on, whereas WhiteX always seems consistently good value for the whole game.
Whitecross is experienced and reliable, can play mid/foward or back and was one of our best players when he returned last year.
If he's fully fit (and I'm not 100% sure that he is) he should be walking into the team.

Frawley goes to Tex.

Lynch or McGovern picked up by Sicily (assuming he plays back), Gibson or Birchall. The other one tries to play as the spare, potentially with Hodge dropping back too.

Stratton gets Betts.

Why on earth are you guys playing Sicily back? What next, Rioli to the ruck?

I don't know why people are posting man-to-man match-ups with Adelaide. It's always so irrelevant. Essendon managed to hold up our forward-line last week. We managed to beat Sydney back in 2014 when it was something like Reid, Buddy, Tippet and Goodes vs Gibson, Stratton, Spangher and Litherland. They can't score if we have the ball.

That said I think a win is optimistic this week. I'm expecting a response from the Hawks, that's all. If we compete from start to finish then we're on the right track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frawley goes to Tex.

Stratton gets Betts.

What confidence you've given me.

The Bulldogs showed , last year, that you don't need to finish Top 4 to win Premiership, you just need to make the eight.

Sadly the Hawks won't make the eight !
That's the spirit. o_O

So going to watch any of the games or are you waiving the white Flag?

If we come out and beat the Crows will you be one of the "We are back on track" brigade.

Please tell me you have been a Hawk supporter for more than 5 years.

Hodge & WhiteX coming in solves none of our pace issues.

Our best 22 is god damn treacle.
I don't see anyone at BHH with lightning pace that could come in a solve our "pace" issues. Maybe Miles, but that's it.

If we have more possession and hit more targets, we'll look much quicker.

Johannson from the Dogs has put off contract talks until the year... Clarko and co, go and get him. Out with Gibbo in with JJ. Pace issues sorted :)

Johannson from the Dogs has put off contract talks until the year... Clarko and co, go and get him. Out with Gibbo in with JJ. Pace issues sorted :)
Except he is from WA, and most likely heading home if anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back