Game Day Round 2, 2018: North Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Hawks the other night you realise what a player like Cyril can do with 15 possessions is worth about 52 Tom Mitchell possessions. He can turn games with the same aggressive attack on the ball and ability to play as a genuine defensive forward as Long. If Long can be 3/4 of Cyril he will make us better. He's got the tools to do it.
Yep exactly why I wanna persist with Long

Long was basically invisible in his games last year so it was good to see him involved in plenty of contests. Can't complain about 15 disposals and a game if he does that every week it's a big win IMO.

Just had a wander round Etihad at lunch and noticed they had a North line up going round the bottom digital advertising boards.

I’m assuming it is just a pre game test of the hardware and software as the named team (I’ve grouped into proposed positions) was:

DEFENDERS
Thompson
Hibberd
Morgan
Tarrant
Vickers-Willis
Marley Williams
McDonald
Ahern

MIDFIELDERS
LDU
Dumont
J Williams
Anderson
Higgins
Jacobs
Atley

RUCK
Goldstein

FORWARDS
Larkey
Turner
Waite
Garner
Hrovat
Walker

No Ziebell, Brown, Cunnington, Simpkin etc....

Last edited:
Can some of you baggin Paddy after 1 game actually watch him closely this week too, did a lot of little things and influenced contests that enabled our smalls to kick goals etc
Trust the process!!!!!

BORING... What a joke...seriously Richardson never makes changes...

Long, Longer and McCartin were no good .

Hickey, Gilbo and Coffield/Marshall should be in.
So you want McCartin to rot away in the VFL? FMD the only way he is ever going to develop is if he has a good consecutive run of games and builds his confidence. Doesn't help when flogs want him gone from the side after 1 game. As far as Marshall goes, no thanks. He's a talent and I like the kid but I'd play Longer and Hickey both 10 times over before considering him. Long was very quiet but has good forward pressure and there was not a single player in the VFL that was knocking on the door to be considered.

Can some of you baggin Paddy after 1 game actually watch him closely this week too, did a lot of little things and influenced contests that enabled our smalls to kick goals etc
Trust the process!!!!!
Oh god don't tell me I'm going to have to start hearing that in the AFL as well! ;)

So you want McCartin to rot away in the VFL? FMD the only way he is ever going to develop is if he has a good consecutive run of games and builds his confidence. Doesn't help when flogs want him gone from the side after 1 game. As far as Marshall goes, no thanks. He's a talent and I like the kid but I'd play Longer and Hickey both 10 times over before considering him. Long was very quiet but has good forward pressure and there was not a single player in the VFL that was knocking on the door to be considered.

Agree Paddy was poor but he's not getting better by not playing him. Hopefully he gets some luck and a bit of confidence. There is a good strategy in putting Marshall in for a role as forward/ruck but we might as well try Paddy out first. If he has a few poor weeks or we are losing games of footy because of him it might change but hopefully he has a blinder and generates some momentum.

Trust the process!!!!!

Will do.

The Diabetes video has shed some light on things as well. But the little things that work can get forgotten when you see him drop chest marks and miss shots completely. Granted if he does occasionally feel hungover like he said, then I can’t blame him individually.

Re McCartin, it was touched last night on one of the footy shows that we should leave him inside the forward 50. Start him in the goal square and make him lead 20 or 30 metres and use his contested marking. We all know that he isn't fit enough to roam yet, so leave that to Bruce etc. Think it was discussed by Joey, Dal, Dixon and Mooney.

Habe to agree with that as he can take a mark and 1v1 deep in the square he won't get outmarked and even if the ball does hit the ground, it's not like Talia/Tarrant etc will run off him and hurt him on the roundbound.

I saw a bit of training today and was going to mention Billy was rucking, it was a light session the forwards doing some kicking and nailing them Stuv doing a fast handball drill Paddy doing some one on one contested work, but other than that i didnt see anything too exciting, albeit i wasnt there that long.
isn't it great that you were able to see a bit of training at moorabin!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BORING... What a joke...seriously Richardson never makes changes...

Long, Longer and McCartin were no good .

Hickey, Gilbo and Coffield/Marshall should be in.
considering everyone was bagging gilbert and his kicking, why would you want him back? Hickey also hasn't done much.

isn't it great that you were able to see a bit of training at moorabin!!!!

Bought back a few memories standing for awhile out where i used to watch the games.

I also overheard an official saying the last of the old stand will come down next week

the problem being he doesn’t look to have improved. I’d say Paddy has played 4 good games in his career. 2 of them he was injured before half time.
We just need to pump games into him, I’m not sure he’ll make it but there’s only one way to find out.

Harsh given his injury history.

How many of us wrote off Acres or Ross for taking too long? How many wrote off Dunstan when he was dropped last year?

Agreed that he just needs to get as many games as he can this year. Just keep playing him because it's the best way for him to learn.

How many of us wrote off Acres or Ross for taking too long? How many wrote off Dunstan when he was dropped last year?

Agreed that he just needs to get as many games as he can this year. Just keep playing him because it's the best way for him to learn.
People were writing Billings off after rd3 last year. Rd4 he got 3 Brownlow votes.

Id love to see acres and membrey rotate fwd and mid together. Both provide that bigger body inside but i think acres can be a real weapon when forward. He rarely misses, and would provide a great point of difference.

How many wrote off Josh Saunders or Michael Rix or Daniel Wulf or Jody Arnol?

It goes both ways. Lots of people writing a player off usually means they haven't shown much yet. Most players who haven't shown much 20 games into their careers don't make it. Hopefully Paddy won't be one of them.

It goes both ways. Lots of people writing a player off usually means they haven't shown much yet. Most players who haven't shown much 20 games into their careers don't make it. Hopefully Paddy won't be one of them.

Lenny Hayes averaged less than 13 disposals in his first 20 games.
The point is that those writing Paddy off now have no idea. He may make it, he may not, but he at least deserves a lot more time than 20 games.
For those bagging him I ask you to just give the kid some time.

On any given day, not all 22 are going to have perfect games. It is what it is.

All this talk about constant changes because a player has a poor game is just stupid IMO.

We omitted 3 of our regular 22 from last year plus the loss of Roo and Joey.

How about we let the new guard settle in for a few games?

I'd say that over his 20 games he's shown plenty of glimpses for a kpp.

If it was 20 straight and all of them poor, then you'd have an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back