Preview Round 2, 2019: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, 31 March 3:20pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousins, Mirra, Scrimshaw all still potential outs if Scully comes in. Re-watching the game, however, I was very impressed with both Mirra and Scrimshaw - how could you change anything in that defence? They were magnificent. Cousins ball use was suspect on a few occasions but he also basically tagged Gibbs out of the game (Gibbs had 16 disposals, 2 clearances, 1 inside fifty) - and if that was his main role then he would have a huge tick from the coaches (especially nailing two goals himself). We may need him to do such a job on Liberatore, Hunter or McRae. Tough call

I wonder if we'd consider going with one ruckman against the dogs? Their ruck department is both inexperienced and in the singular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Henderson is a quite achiever. He wasn't among the best or worst players last week. Gets the job done. No way he gets omitted or makes way for another player. I still don't understand why posters on here continuously want him dropped! Who is capable of being a more impactful player off the bench?

Scully has been named :O
Boom
843eb34c4b0a2197f6a00aae851679e6.gif

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Scully being named (even if only on extended bench) is a great milestone, but I'm going to keep the lid on it until I see how he performs. Assuming he even ends up playing of course.

Mirra is the likely out for Scully at this stage, nothing against what Mirra has done, its purely a matchups thing.

Extremely stiff but we have gone with Frawley/Sicily as our two defensive pillars in the past. Certainly undersized but Mirra is undersized too. Funnily enough I reckon our tallest defender is Scrimshaw.

I also really feel for the player who eventually has to make way for Wingard.

Do we need two rucks?? Maybe to stretch their defence we could use Cegs/Mcevoy deep I50 as more of attacking options then dominant ruck division? If that’s the thinking then it’s gotta be Mirra who makes way but if only Skulls is in the condition to run out a game at this level, if not, I don’t mind him blowing out the cobwebs at BH.

Do we need two rucks?? Maybe to stretch their defence we could use Cegs/Mcevoy deep I50 as more of attacking options then dominant ruck division? If that’s the thinking then it’s gotta be Mirra who makes way but if only Skulls is in the condition to run out a game at this level, if not, I don’t mind him blowing out the cobwebs at BH.

If it rains then yeah don’t be surprised if it’s Cegs that makes way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back