Game Day Round 2 Carlton v Brisbane Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What a fantastic win. !!!!!!!!!!!!

BLvsCAR-01def.jpg

Score flattered them.

Good performances across the board. Especially pleased with Waite.

Funny thing is I was frustrated with Juddy early in the game. Might have even dissed him a bit, what with his previous 5 games all been below his lofty par. Man did I have some words to eat. The king is back on the throne. Halleleuja!

Lol they aren't taking it well on the paddlepops board :D Some bitter little men over there...shame ..they were so cocky pre game after beating an awesome team like the Dees they actually thought they could match it with a top four side .

Loved Ratts at the presser when asked if Betts would win mark of the year. "I thought Andrew Walker might have won last year and he didn't so I will stay out of it." His look said it all.

Lol they aren't taking it well on the paddlepops board :D Some bitter little men over there...shame ..they were so cocky pre game after beating an awesome team like the Dees they actually thought they could match it with a top four side .

I thought that a number of us were taking it quite well? Some people are obviously emotional about a 90 point loss. Can you blame them?

Good win but Brisbane tired terribly.
Would have thought they may have been better prepared than that.

We do have to win next week and should be in a good state to give it our best shot.

????????????????????????????????????

Welcome to carltons game plan ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You Brisbane supporters are largely pretty cool.
Of course you'll enjoy your wins (remember '09?) and detest your losses against us. That's football.

I personally don't reflect much on 09, The 09 team is so different to the current crop it's almost like comparing to the Golden era.

We're technically in our second rebuild year from the 2010 meltdown.

2011 was our first steps and now in 2012 we've just gone 1 step forward and 2 back.

:mad::(

Well... I would have to organise my leaving lunch do to start while the match was on... so I missed the entire second half.

I do believe that todays match has answered the question as to where the paddlepops are after their rousing victory against Melbourne.

Melbourne are absolutely crap... The paddlepops arent much better and Carlton really just took it very easy putting some miles in the legs during the preseason.

Go Blues!!!!

Now where the **** is zee so I can watch the second half!

Watching it now, .......especially all those goals.

You Brisbane supporters are largely pretty cool.
Of course you'll enjoy your wins (remember '09?) and detest your losses against us. That's football.

You're very right. I reiterate my previous post that the Blues were totslly dominant. Top 4 material this year. Throw a blanket over Hawthorn, Geelong, WC and the Blues this year. Again I hope that we can show a lot more fight in Rd 20 and continue showing the competitive aspect of the game that seems to have become an inherent Lion trait, despite our heavy loss tonight.

Go Lions.

Absolutely rapt with our win, albeit against a side who are a long way from challenging the top teams. Our pressure was terrific. The first qtr was frustrating, with poor kicking for goal and turnovers killing us, plus a few bounces going the Lions way made it tougher. But from then on we pretty much dominated. We looked very potent up forward. You just felt after that first qtr if we got a run on we would be hard to stop.

The best thing is I think we have a lot of room for improvement. Judd and Murphy were absolutely outstanding. Judd kickstarted the momentum in the second qtr and Murph just had so much polish in his ball use. They were clearly the best two players but the best thing about our performances to date is we have had an even spread of good players. Once we have a full strength backline we can throw Gibbs in the centre so he can do a bit of damage.

All in all, signs are great and it's good to see some rust going out of our game. Our depth is looking really good atm, particularly with Jammo, Duigs, Walker and Warnock on the sidelines to come into the side.

Brisbane were tired.
Yes, we made them look tired and we would have won regardless, but maybe not 90 point tired.
The guys were out of legs soon after half time. That's a question for the BFC though, as to why that was the case.
The five day turnaround is not enough excuse any more.

Just saying that carlton has recruited, trained, planned and focused specifcally on being a running team who can destroy teams from the third quarter on.....this will happen to every team.

Carlton playing off 7 and Brisbane off 5 means little when carlton plays in Brisbane (away) and heat, humidity.

They were not beaten by Brisbanes lack of conditioning or time between games, they were beaten by carltons specific almost entire focus of our game plan for 5 years - dismiss that my good friend and you are dismissing Rattens entire thesis - THE PREMIERSHIP QUARTER IS BACK BAAAAABY.

After a very long hiatus, it's all coming together. We're arguably the fittest team in the comp, the game plan is coming together beautifully, and, for the first time in what seems like an eternity, we have some depth. The fact that other supporters hate us just makes it so much sweeter. We're heading for a Prelim and I'm excited!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 2 Carlton v Brisbane Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back