Round 2 - Geelong vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

This could increase Terry's reputation a lot, it's amazing how the Tigers didn't lose by over 50 points, let alone take the lead. Even though Geelong won, it's still a good sign for the Tigers and Richo isn't crying about how it's all over for them.

Anyway, the highlight of the match was the terrible umpiring, both ways. I hope the AFL actually watches this match and gives a review for it because if I recall, that bald idiot did the umpiring for the Dogs vs Sydney semi final last year and when Higgins marked inside our 50, the Umps gave a free ALL the way down sydney's way because Tim Callan ran a centermeter out the wrong way of the interchange bench. These guys oughter lose their jobs.

Oh, and Tom Hawkins sucks. Slow, terrible player.

That freekick in the 3rd quarter when Mcguane was "timewasting" by punching the ball away after the goal was disgraceful.

The umpiring of the whole game was a disgrace. Geelong were always given free kicks with 50/50 decisions that could have gone either way while these decisions were always against richmond. Also that timewasting freekick was a horrible horrible decision... there are plenty of other footballs in those baskets that avoid 'timewasting' so why not just use one of those instead of the ball McGuane hit away. Umpires = :thumbsdown:

The touched punters criticizing Milburn need to watch footy for a while, learn the game. He was a key to Geelong's revival and eventual victory. That bump and gather was as stark an example of experience vs youth as you'll see.

I think your a bit "touched"

Those possesions I saw him get in the last 10 minutes were when he didn't have a man to stand.

If he had of tried that crud against Higgins in the 2008 Preliminary Final

Who know's ?

I personally think the Cat's are on the slide..

The umpiring of the whole game was a disgrace. Geelong were always given free kicks with 50/50 decisions that could have gone either way while these decisions were always against richmond. Also that timewasting freekick was a horrible horrible decision... there are plenty of other footballs in those baskets that avoid 'timewasting' so why not just use one of those instead of the ball McGuane hit away. Umpires = :thumbsdown:
exactly.

Tom Hawkins would have to be the worst player in the AFL at the moment, he is absolutely terrible. He is easily the slowest player in the AFL and he can't even play well with the best service in the game... time to delist this big dope.

Wasn't his fault. The delivery into him was s**thouse all day. Either way over his head, to his boot laces or hospital passes that allowed extra opponents to punch the ball away. But let's blame a player who has played about 20 games. :rolleyes:

Free kicks were 31-21 Richmond's way, but Geelong had the rub of the green with the umpires. :rolleyes:

I personally think the Cat's are on the slide..

That's what we want you to think. :p

It is Round 2 after all. There's still 6 months till the big dance. After all, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

exact same thing happened last year. we didn't finish our pre season untill about round 10, and were shambles untill then. It wasn't untill after the collingwood game where we found our stride.

exact same thing happened last year. we didn't finish our pre season untill about round 10, and were shambles untill then. It wasn't untill after the collingwood game where we found our stride.

Different situation. The Cats defense is getting old now and starting to show some cracks. The tall KP forward situation is still a problem. Also other teams are starting to match your midfield, and your lack of ruck depth is another problem. Cat's peaked 2 years ago, and need to do a massive re-invent somehow to stay at this level. Cats need to start injecting some new talent into their starting 22, rather than playing the same old players, and same old gameplan. It's becoming too predictable. :)

Defense is a bit of a problem, especially KPP - however we were unfortunate with Egan as he was our succession plan (still only 25) and would have plugged that hole straight away. Mind you we have Taylor there now and he is looking every bit a star in a CHB role.

Midfield is anything but old and slow - and we have a 20 year old named Joel Selwood in there to lead for the next decade. Ablett is only 24, as is Bartel, so i don't really see to much to worry there. Simon Hogan made his debut and will be a player to watch out for. You will probably see guys like Corey, Enright, Chapman and Ling spend less time in the engine room this year and rotate more frequently into flank positions. As was mentioned, and the same as last year, we will take an extra few weeks to find our mojo considering some very busy seasons over the last two years.

Forward line will start to sort itself out later; people forget we are the number 1 attacking team over the last two years so we must be doing something right. Mooney has had next to no pre-season and Hawkins has come off a light pre-season due to foot injuries. They will take some time to click, but perserverance is essential, i have every bit of confidence that they will work - we just need some goal kicking practice!!

Different situation. The Cats defense is getting old now and starting to show some cracks. The tall KP forward situation is still a problem. Also other teams are starting to match your midfield, and your lack of ruck depth is another problem. Cat's peaked 2 years ago, and need to do a massive re-invent somehow to stay at this level. Cats need to start injecting some new talent into their starting 22, rather than playing the same old players, and same old gameplan. It's becoming too predictable. :)
and carlton have the perfect list:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a Club defining game for the Tiges. In fact one of the most important games the Richmond Football Club has been involved in this decade because their expectations over the pre-season were fever-pitched and hit record highs and now it is time to deliver. Was last week a one-off or signs of things to come? This match will answer that question, hence it's critical importance. The Clubs fate, and several careers hinge on the result. I like some of the changes Richmond have made, but it's not enough. Vickery should have been played instead of Graham. Not sure why Richmond are incredibly reluctant to play draftee's, when almost every other Club plays them round 1. Richmond's rucks were terrible last week, and this guy is a top-10 draft pick, and a ruck, so why not give him a run? Simmonds was poor last week, and he'll struggle against Ottens. Would have included Thompson instead of Hislop, or even both. Richmond desperately needs some toughness in their side. I would have dropped Brown as well, and included Polo even. Bowden should have been dropped and Thursfield retained. They're just not getting the team selections right. Not sure about Nahas. He's a 22 year old VFL player who chases hard, but you need to do more than that at this level. Geelong's side looks settled. Midfield is strong, defense strong, but tall forward situation still weak. Their small-medium forwards are good enough to cover though. If Richmond win this game it'll be an outstanding result, and last week will be forgotten. If they lose by less than 50 points, it'll be spun as an "acceptible loss" and nothing will change. 50 to 100 point loss and there'll be increasing pressure on Terry. Over 100 points and there'll be more than player changes next week. Apart from the scoreline, really the most important thing is for the Richmond players to show some real ticka and attack on the footy. Prediction - Richmond to perform much better this time, but go down by 55 points. :)

Can i make a request? Please please don't comment about things you have no idea on. Maybe just stick to talking about all things blues and don't venture to far from that.

I find you knowledge on the game to be quite embarrassing. Surely you must be tongue in cheek about most things you write as no-one could be this unintelligent could they? Could they?

The umpires hate Richmond.

When you see how many media hate us and society in general,it's only natural that the umpires are gonna be the same.:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 - Geelong vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back