Round 2 - Geelong vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Go Tiges? :eek:

if the get pumped :(

if they get up :D

1217950460146yv5.gif

Gonna be a wet and windy 'ol day sitting down in the Ablett Terrace tomorrow. Could turn a percentage booster into an average four points to be honest. Luxbet still offering Richmond a 43 1/2 point start, could be value if the expected wind follows this current downpour.

i hope it pours down.
it'l mean the game is somewhat closer.

we'l still lose.
but atleast it gives us half a chance.
maybe quarter of a chance.
stranger things have happened.

anyway you can't go into a game conceding defeat otherwise there's no point !! :)

thinking that if it's wet weather it might spark a change, a big man out for a smaller man in.
I'm hoping IN Polo OUT Graham (?)

This is a Club defining game for the Tiges. In fact one of the most important games the Richmond Football Club has been involved in this decade because their expectations over the pre-season were fever-pitched and hit record highs and now it is time to deliver. Was last week a one-off or signs of things to come? This match will answer that question, hence it's critical importance. The Clubs fate, and several careers hinge on the result. I like some of the changes Richmond have made, but it's not enough. Vickery should have been played instead of Graham. Not sure why Richmond are incredibly reluctant to play draftee's, when almost every other Club plays them round 1. Richmond's rucks were terrible last week, and this guy is a top-10 draft pick, and a ruck, so why not give him a run? Simmonds was poor last week, and he'll struggle against Ottens. Would have included Thompson instead of Hislop, or even both. Richmond desperately needs some toughness in their side. I would have dropped Brown as well, and included Polo even. Bowden should have been dropped and Thursfield retained. They're just not getting the team selections right. Not sure about Nahas. He's a 22 year old VFL player who chases hard, but you need to do more than that at this level. Geelong's side looks settled. Midfield is strong, defense strong, but tall forward situation still weak. Their small-medium forwards are good enough to cover though. If Richmond win this game it'll be an outstanding result, and last week will be forgotten. If they lose by less than 50 points, it'll be spun as an "acceptible loss" and nothing will change. 50 to 100 point loss and there'll be increasing pressure on Terry. Over 100 points and there'll be more than player changes next week. Apart from the scoreline, really the most important thing is for the Richmond players to show some real ticka and attack on the footy. Prediction - Richmond to perform much better this time, but go down by 55 points. :)

Vickery should have been played instead of Graham.

Would have included Thompson instead of Hislop, or even both.

I would have dropped Brown as well, and included Polo even.

Bowden should have been dropped and Thursfield retained.

Agree with all.

Thomson injured though, just coming back. He wasn't ready.

Unfotunately i think we are better in the wet. The fact that we have some of the hardest in and under midfielders (Selwood, Bartel, Corey .... not to mention Chapman) combined with two strong ruckment (Well Blake is actually good if you just assess his ruckwork!) does not bode well for the Tigers.

We have strong bodies and love a contest, and the wet probably cancels out Richmonds greatest assets, two strong lead up forwards (Riewoldt, Morten) and of course the big Richo!

You would have to get on a Geelong victory, but hopefully the tigers play a tough brand of football and give us a real work out. Be interesting to see how the big Hawk goes in the wet!

This game is really important. Its is crucial that we bounce back after last week. A win would be unbelievable but in a reality if we get to within 6 goals I'll be happy. But I will be praying tonight and all day tommorrow. Go Tiges!!!

This is a Club defining game for the Tiges. In fact one of the most important games the Richmond Football Club has been involved in this decade because their expectations over the pre-season were fever-pitched and hit record highs and now it is time to deliver. Was last week a one-off or signs of things to come? This match will answer that question, hence it's critical importance. The Clubs fate, and several careers hinge on the result. I like some of the changes Richmond have made, but it's not enough. Vickery should have been played instead of Graham. Not sure why Richmond are incredibly reluctant to play draftee's, when almost every other Club plays them round 1. Richmond's rucks were terrible last week, and this guy is a top-10 draft pick, and a ruck, so why not give him a run? Simmonds was poor last week, and he'll struggle against Ottens. Would have included Thompson instead of Hislop, or even both. Richmond desperately needs some toughness in their side. I would have dropped Brown as well, and included Polo even. Bowden should have been dropped and Thursfield retained. They're just not getting the team selections right. Not sure about Nahas. He's a 22 year old VFL player who chases hard, but you need to do more than that at this level. Geelong's side looks settled. Midfield is strong, defense strong, but tall forward situation still weak. Their small-medium forwards are good enough to cover though. If Richmond win this game it'll be an outstanding result, and last week will be forgotten. If they lose by less than 50 points, it'll be spun as an "acceptible loss" and nothing will change. 50 to 100 point loss and there'll be increasing pressure on Terry. Over 100 points and there'll be more than player changes next week. Apart from the scoreline, really the most important thing is for the Richmond players to show some real ticka and attack on the footy. Prediction - Richmond to perform much better this time, but go down by 55 points. :)
You'd hope it would be settled with a premiership and runner up to their names, and basically the same 22. But thanks for once again stating the obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothing good will come from this mis match , geelong are the best wet weather side in the comp and if wet will be ten goals , if dry expect a real blow out .

forget the bullcrap coming out of punt road about last weeks showing and cant explain crap , they have real issues from the top down , if terry tan cant get em up for round one with such a build up , how can he motivate them against the best in the comp ? a team that smashes them time after time ? lack of skill ,dedication and heart has the tiges as the worst in the comp right now , and his master plan has been another of footballs great con jobs .... the sooner they get rid of him and half the deadwood they carry the better for them.:thumbsdown:

if terry tan cant get em up for round one with such a build up , how can he motivate them against the best in the comp ?
everyone will want to push themeselfes to see where they are going and if they have improved. oh and why did you write big, it makes you look desperate for attention

No sign of rain, well a couple k's away from the ground there isn't and the radar is clear.

People need to remember that rain in Melbourne rarely means rain in Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 - Geelong vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back