Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that when I was there watching the match.

When he was just walking in between plays, I noticed him carrying his one arm.

Then when play started I couldn't pick it up. He seemed fine.

Not sure yet, whether its physical or confidence.
He's probably doing the old boxers trick Making it look worse so his tagger gets lazy. ;)

im not jm. but i likes it.

my temptation is

jacobs ----> lunny or tbc
620k for a ruck was foolish. rectifying a mistake. new ruck will partner goldy. may be a bad idea as goldy played jacobs this week. best 2 rucks in league wont score so low each week at a guess

goodes ----> hunt
want goodes gone as a POD. think hes just an ok pick. hunt imo is a 90% gun. will avg 90-105 (more likely lower part of range.
this week

then next
crips ----> rich or steven or montagna
cripps is a rookie needs 2 weeks for non rage trade. want to watch cheap over playing mids also

salem ----> best ppg of 100k-300kish range
as above with cripps. also not sold on who to trade too.

This is the definition of reactive. It's bloody round 1

I think those are all good moves with good rationales. Round one and two are exactly the right time to trade like mad, imo.
What does he do next week when Mummy and Goodes score 120 and Hunt and TBC score 60?

He selected Mummy and Goodes over Hunt and TBC last week. Why would one game of football change everything?

I hatched a mad plan in the wee hours of Saturday morning. Figure I'll tell you guys about it and you can have a laugh. It's certainly unconventional strategy :p

So I had Kamdyn on the bench with a big 'E' next to his name.

More than this, I had an achy feeling in my guts. It was regret. I had seen Kamdyn run everywhere and do everything and I was happy. But I had seen two others frolic lucratively who did not make me happy because I did not have them in my team.

They were both in my team for 3 or 4 weeks, and were shuffled out in the last few days. I can't even remember what argument I made up for myself to ditch them.

And so, scolding myself for not backing myself all the way, I resolved to correct my mistake.

I worked out how much these two cost, spent some of it on Brendan Whitecross who was my ticket to Kamdyn's 120, and the rest on a ring-in who was destined before he came in to play one solitary game for the Morwell Maulers. Price was no object so I got the 'best', Malceski who served up 79 mediocre points. Thanks for making it easier to turf you Nick.

I figured that Malceski and Whitecross, who should return soon could be held if necessary due to injury elsewhere in my team, but as I would hold Sidey anyway I will be following through with my plan.

This week I'll trade Malceski and Whitecross for Docherty and Vlastuin.

The players from my 'final' squad I ditched to do this were Newnes and Pearce. Having since watched them play I'm not unhappy so far.

So there it is, breaking my own cardinal rules but it's one of those ideas where from the moment it materialised I've been a bit tickled with it.

Go your hardest at me I have thick skin :)

What does he do next week when Mummy and Goodes score 120 and Hunt and TBC score 60?

He selected Mummy and Goodes over Hunt and TBC last week. Why would one game of football change everything?

The ruck deal is a long-term idea that rucks in general are gonna score poorly this year, so don't invest much money in that bear market. Get the cash out and re-invest it elsewhere. Elite rucks like Goldy/Mummy/Jacobs will score more than tbc/leuey most weeks, but the points difference won't be commensurate with their relative price difference. Mid-pricers are better value intially (i.e. now,) and we have time to see which primo rucks present primo value in a month or two. As for Goodes, I'm happy to hang on to him at his price, but Hunt sure looks like an upgrade for only <$50,000. Cripps to Rich is a likely big winner, and Salem to whichever high-performing rookie is left...why not.

Some people like to save trades from rnd 1, but I'm strongly of the theory that the first 4 trades before the price moves are the most valuable ones and must be used....then go into trade preservation mode after that

Find it strange people ready to give Griffen the chop what if he comes out rnd 2 and scores 100plus and than what. Only one rnd 1 give it another week.. I remember one person was ranked 50k overall and came first and won the whole thing.

Bennell against the saints might do a 130plus game... be patient it's a marathon not a sprint

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ruck deal is a long-term idea that rucks in general are gonna score poorly this year, so don't invest much money in that bear market. Get the cash out and re-invest it elsewhere. Elite rucks like Goldy/Mummy/Jacobs will score more than tbc/leuey most weeks, but the points difference won't be commensurate with their relative price difference. Mid-pricers are better value intially (i.e. now,) and we have time to see which primo rucks present primo value in a month or two. As for Goodes, I'm happy to hang on to him at his price, but Hunt sure looks like an upgrade for only <$50,000. Cripps to Rich is a likely big winner, and Salem to whichever high-performing rookie is left...why not.

Some people like to save trades from rnd 1, but I'm strongly of the theory that the first 4 trades before the price moves are the most valuable ones and must be used....then go into trade preservation mode after that
I wouldn't judge ruck scores from one week. Fair to say there weren't many good scores this week full stop. Havd a look at the returns from the >600k superstars. I'd rather wait and see what happens this week before pulling the trigger.

At a few times during preseason I did consider just going with two cheap rucks due to the great unknown with scoring.

I hatched a mad plan in the wee hours of Saturday morning. Figure I'll tell you guys about it and you can have a laugh. It's certainly unconventional strategy :p

So I had Kamdyn on the bench with a big 'E' next to his name.

More than this, I had an achy feeling in my guts. It was regret. I had seen Kamdyn run everywhere and do everything and I was happy. But I had seen two others frolic lucratively who did not make me happy because I did not have them in my team.

They were both in my team for 3 or 4 weeks, and were shuffled out in the last few days. I can't even remember what argument I made up for myself to ditch them.

And so, scolding myself for not backing myself all the way, I resolved to correct my mistake.

I worked out how much these two cost, spent some of it on Brendan Whitecross who was my ticket to Kamdyn's 120, and the rest on a ring-in who was destined before he came in to play one solitary game for the Morwell Maulers. Price was no object so I got the 'best', Malceski who served up 79 mediocre points. Thanks for making it easier to turf you Nick.

I figured that Malceski and Whitecross, who should return soon could be held if necessary due to injury elsewhere in my team, but as I would hold Sidey anyway I will be following through with my plan.

This week I'll trade Malceski and Whitecross for Docherty and Vlastuin.

The players from my 'final' squad I ditched to do this were Newnes and Pearce. Having since watched them play I'm not unhappy so far.

So there it is, breaking my own cardinal rules but it's one of those ideas where from the moment it materialised I've been a bit tickled with it.

Go your hardest at me I have thick skin :)
Ok, I'll go first. Cool story bro, didn't understand a word of it?:confused:

Jiska thoughts on Salem?
I was all over him last year, but watching him closely when he played he went missing find 15-20 minutes each quarter but looked like a ball magnet in the it her 5-10. Like a lost kid. Just depends a lot whether he can find the ball. Personally I'd rather wait and see and jump on him late than pick him initially and have to trade him out.
Someone explain to me how I didn't listen to my own sound reasoning for not selecting Salem??

These thoughts above + watching him closely on the weekend says he's gone this week. I know all the "wait it's only round 1" crap, but I've been watching this boy for a good six months. I got sucked in by price. Thinking I'll dump him and break my other rule of no KPF's and grab Hogan instead. He looks like being a handy F7

I based my selection of Salem on my vague memory of briefly seeing him last year and remembering how silky his disposal was. He looked lazy as hell against Gold Coast though, not confident with him at all.

I based my selection of Salem on my vague memory of briefly seeing him last year and remembering how silky his disposal was. He looked lazy as hell against Gold Coast though, not confident with him at all.
Hes at the price though where he probably just has to ton up twice before the bye rounds and pull out 50s/60s the rest of the time for him to make good cash

Someone explain to me how I didn't listen to my own sound reasoning for not selecting Salem??

These thoughts above + watching him closely on the weekend says he's gone this week. I know all the "wait it's only round 1" crap, but I've been watching this boy for a good six months. I got sucked in by price. Thinking I'll dump him and break my other rule of no KPF's and grab Hogan instead. He looks like being a handy F7
Thoughts on Garlett mate? Getting some touches in the middle, I'm tempted to get him in at Salem's expense.

He's disposal is definitely silky. His problem is finding the ball.

Hes at the price though where he probably just has to ton up twice before the bye rounds and pull out 50s/60s the rest of the time for him to make good cash
I wouldn't be confident of that.

Thoughts on Garlett mate? Getting some touches in the middle, I'm tempted to get him in at Salem's expense.
I came back from the Bulldogs NAB game up at Ballarat keen as mustard on him. Had him in my side for a week or so. Love the role he's playing as a swing man between half forward flank / centre square.

Huge clearance and running goal from Jamar's tap out on the weekend. Looks fantastic.

Can he back it up though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back