Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing options out there to see what ppl think. Likely Gonna switch out griff and Cripps for tex and VDBerg....... I've got Bennell also..... Not sure what to make of him this year.
My backline sucks, but so does everyones I assume.
What do you think about other peoples trades?? If you want people to help you, you'll need to contribute as well. People here are happy to help, but quite a few get annoyed by sponges.

Give and take..

Beams is much harder to tag and usually racks them up regardless. Rich has elite disposal and will be setup to running around halfback unmanned. Makes much more sense to tag the latter. It's not just about tagging the best player. I wouldn't be surprised if Rich copped the tag over beams, it could go either way.

Rich having 20 touches is more damaging than any other Brisbane player having 30.

Rich will be first in line to be tagged, and this has been the case in the past.
Dayne Beams hasn't been there in the past. Tagging Rich before him is madness. Beams is in the top 10 midfielders in the country. Rich is not.

Beams is much harder to tag and usually racks them up regardless. Rich has elite disposal and will be setup to running around halfback unmanned. Makes much more sense to tag the latter. It's not just about tagging the best player. I wouldn't be surprised if Rich copped the tag over beams, it could go either way.
Based on that philosophy, GAJ wouldn't get the number one tag, yet always does.

Throwing options out there to see what ppl think. Likely Gonna switch out griff and Cripps for tex and VDBerg....... I've got Bennell also..... Not sure what to make of him this year.
My backline sucks, but so does everyones I assume.

just follow the crowd.... and jump out that window with the rest of us

Rich having 20 touches is more damaging than any other Brisbane player having 30.

Rich will be first in line to be tagged, and this has been the case in the past.

beams is surely #1

zorko and rich battling it out for #2 with all their injuries

Dayne Beams hasn't been there in the past. Tagging Rich before him is madness. Beams is in the top 10 midfielders in the country. Rich is not.

Based on that philosophy, GAJ wouldn't get the number one tag, yet always does.

That's because leaving Ablett would be a sure fire way to lose any match, and it's not like Gold Coast had anyone else worth tagging before. Beams is no Ablett. I'm not saying Beams won't get tagged, but I wouldn't be surprised if some teams decide to tag Rich instead.

Yeah he is, he's also a predominantly an inside midfielder. The use of ball by foot that Daniel Rich provides is lethal. Teams aren't going to let him stroll around on his own delivering the footy at will. Beams is a great player, but it's more important to stop Rich than Beams purely for the fact that, like I mentioned before, 20 of Rich's touches are better than 30 of Beams'. Teams have historically tagged him before anyone else, and despite Beams being at the club, I think he'll cop the #1 tag.

11129495_10153270531491518_601127364_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember dusty ripping the bulldogs each time he's played them in recent times. If he's going to be a keeper and a good chance to be a top 6 forward, it doesn't matter too much if he loses value.

While I am keen on getting on Rich for some reasons, anyone thinking of him purely as a money maker to make $200k are thinking about it the wrong way.

For him to go up 200k he needs to get to a $550k price, which will take about a 110 average over the course of about 8 weeks. If he averages that for 8 weeks, getting rid of a 110 average in the midfield should be the least of your issues, and instead your focus should mainly be on turning the 13 premos you have into 18.

Is he a good option? Sure, but it should be because we expect him to average 100+ at a 70 average price, which might give us some extra money to do other things (like turn Touk Miller into Newton/Vandenberg), rather than as a cash generational type player.

While I am keen on getting on Rich for some reasons, anyone thinking of him purely as a money maker to make $200k are thinking about it the wrong way.

For him to go up 200k he needs to get to a $550k price, which will take about a 110 average over the course of about 8 weeks. If he averages that for 8 weeks, getting rid of a 110 average in the midfield should be the least of your issues, and instead your focus should mainly be on turning the 13 premos you have into 18.

Is he a good option? Sure, but it should be because we expect him to average 100+ at a 70 average price, which might give us some extra money to do other things (like turn Touk Miller into Newton/Vandenberg), rather than as a cash generational type player.
100% agree

Deledio - correction candidate?

1 week off plus clearly hampered by the Achilles still... other option is starting Lamb or Salem on field.

Deledio - correction candidate?

1 week off plus clearly hampered by the Achilles still... other option is starting Lamb or Salem on field.

Deledio owner here, probably about 8th on my list of "mistakes" to fix out of

GETTING RID OF
- Rockliff
- Sheed
- Miller
- Salem

GETTING
- Heeney
- Hogan
- Rich

Obv while I can do a number of those things in one trade, Deledio is not too important at this point compared to the other issues.

Why the Salem panic? He scored as many points as Harvey, Tomahawk, Michael Walters, Dusty, and plenty other hot names coming into the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back