Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadn't even considered trading Goldy before opening this thread. Surely durability - and not being up against Sauce every week - has to count for something? Highest scoring ruck so far.
Goldy and the other premos aren't the problem...its CD.

Believe me I want to keep my premos. Next week will be very interesting to see how the ruck scores back up.

Goldy and the other premos aren't the problem...its CD.

Believe me I want to keep my premos. Next week will be very interesting to see how the ruck scores back up.
Yeah, I guess I just can't see it being worthwhile. If you downgrade from a Goldy, there's only so many other viable options. TBC, sure (already have him). Leuy and NicNat, injury concerns (worth risking initially maybe, less so when you're already burning a trade to get them in though). Beyond that, the other decent picks aren't that much cheaper than Goldy. You might save $50-80k, burn a trade, and probably get a lower-scoring and less durable ruck. Someone like a Lycett maybe, or Ryder who should score well forward, but that's about it for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive got tbc in the fwd line, thinking of bringing him into the ruck alongside NN and swapping mummy for bonts (f5) then use the extra cash to upgrade griffin.

Even though i have ablett and dusty Griffin is the one that is causing me the most headaches. I'm confident dusty will bounce back and still be top 10 fwds. Griffin looked uninterested and lazy. Can see him pumping out a few big scores but more below 100 than above. I could have fyfe for griffen and bonts for mummy. With the new ruck scoring it sounds tempting

Mummy -> Luey
Maric -> TBC

Not all that stupid looking at how the rucks have been r*ped. Free up cash for elsewhere.

Why remove goldy? scored a 94 and didn't even play the first qtr (well didn't look like he was out there).

NicNat is worth jumping on he looked pretty good!
????

Yeah, I guess I just can't see it being worthwhile. If you downgrade from a Goldy, there's only so many other viable options. TBC, sure (already have him). Leuy and NicNat, injury concerns (worth risking initially maybe, less so when you're already burning a trade to get them in though). Beyond that, the other decent picks aren't that much cheaper than Goldy. You might save $50-80k, burn a trade, and probably get a lower-scoring and less durable ruck. Someone like a Lycett maybe, or Ryder who should score well forward, but that's about it for me.
Downgrading to Luey and TBC nets me half a million

Downgrading to Luey and TBC nets me half a million
TBC is so underpriced (and contrary to what many seem to think, not really that injury-prone) that I think he's a good option if you don't have him, as I said in the post you quoted. The only problem with Leuy is that there's a good chance you'll spend two trades on him, with his injury history and Martin more than capable of holding down the fort. But it is a lot of money. Not for me, but more power to you.

Actually fairly happy with my round 1 team for once. With a better ablett score and some of my higher scoring rookies on the field instead of bench, I'd probably be cracking 2400.

I'll wait it out a couple of weeks to see if it's worth bringing in Brad Ebert for someone and also swapping Salem for Hogan

Patrick Cripps, Dom Sheed and Touk Miller all a chance to be on the chopping block.

Will depend on if there are any Round 1 rookie performances that tempt me to trade a week early.

SIMPSON, NEWNES, Ibbotson, Goodes, McIntosh, Saad (Oxley, Brown)
PENDLEBURY, J.SELWOOD, SLOANE, WARD, COTCHIN, WINES, Heeney, Cripps (Vandenberg, Anderson, Nelson)
MINSON, LEUENBERGER (Cox)
DELEDIO, ZORKO, DAHLHAUS, D.SMITH, Clark, Hogan (Saad, Lamb)

Initial team and planned keepers in bold. Cotchin playing forward & D3/D4 are poo. Seen enough already so have to restructure ASAP.

This week:
Cotchin>C.E.Y.
Ibbotson>Any premo defender.
Next week:
Goodes>Any premo defender.

Whats with all the proposed ruck trades?

Im happy with Goldy's 100 and Minson's 96. Bellchambers 82 up forward is great too.

NicNat isn't cheap enough to warrant a downgrade. Leuenberger is too risky.. injury prone and a real chance of being dropped. I can't see Brisbane playing both him & Martin all year.

Whats with all the proposed ruck trades?

Im happy with Goldy's 100 and Minson's 96. Bellchambers 82 up forward is great too.

NicNat isn't cheap enough to warrant a downgrade. Leuenberger is too risky.. injury prone and a real chance of being dropped. I can't see Brisbane playing both him & Martin all year.
Leuenberger won't be dropped.

Patrick Cripps, Dom Sheed and Touk Miller all a chance to be on the chopping block.

Will depend on if there are any Round 1 rookie performances that tempt me to trade a week early.
I wouldn't be panic trading Miller and Cripps yet. Give them another week or 2

I'm just going to sub Miller for Vandenberg, who's on my bench!

I'm regretting getting Malceski at the moment, but I'll see how he goes over the next few rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back