Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wines by a fair way mate. Will have similar output I feel, and 80k in the bank at this stage of the year is gold. Also, surprised you didn't include Treloar as an option.

I love Wines mate and you know how much I love Robbie Gray.

I even love watching Wingard but not so much in my SC team (bit up and down)

Wines is a total excitement machine though and yeah that $79,000 could come in handy to upgrade Goodes to Hunt, etc.

Had him in my team most of preseason but backed out. If I don't take Rich, I can upgrade Oxley to Docherty which appeals.

Think he'll take the next step, gun of a player. Expecting an average of 90-100.

Put it his way, I'm more confident in him than Newnes in the same price bracket.

Yeah I'm agreeing with you there.

I've just got a horrible feeling that I have got Jimmy Webster 2.0 on my hands with Newnes. :eek:

Griffin is a concern. I didn't see the game, someone said he looked a bit 'hampered' by his back? What did you think? Just getting used to the new team, or lazy/soft or both?
he looked lazy and disinterested imo. wouldn't necessarily say it was his back. he was trying to do an ablett waiting around the back of packs for a quick handball receive alot, also didn't run hard enough - no real intensity. i don't think that GWS need him as much as i thought when i picked him. I picked him as a speculative top 10 mid. now that looks like it's not gonna be the case (obviously small sample size)

Maric > Blicavs :eek: :thumbsu:

If they are all going to score under 100 I might as well have the two cheapest. Plus, and this was my reason for having him in my team at the very start of the year before I woosed out - the ruck rules aren't going to effect him as much. In his 90 odd he only had 8 hitouts. I'd prefer to wait another week and be sure but I want to upgrade Ibbotson next week and something might need to be done about that squib Swallow but they both get one more week.

No trades this week but big watch on Rich, Garlett and McCarthy. Sheed and Dusty the potential victims in week 3.

Big Fan of the Garlett pick. Ill watch the game later on, but from what the stats says I'm assuming he was influential around the stoppages and crumbed like a champion (correct me if I'm wrong). IMO, Melbourne defensive game will suit the small forward and with a be of -97 he's coming into my side.

Im just scared of the tag and what that might do.... But for now!!

Ive got a feeling.
OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.
That Goddard's gonna be a tagger
That Goddard's gonna be a tagger,
That Goddard's gonna be a,
good good Taggerrrrr

Man I love trading. LOL!

Griffen (last minute brainfade inclusion) > Wines

Lamb > Bonts.

Current team now -

View attachment 122148

Next week depending what happens I'll do two of -

Goodes > Hunt

Lumumba > Docherty

Newnes > McGovern

Cripps > Brayshaw

It's week one dude, all these players just as likely to swap positions this week??

I know you like to burn those trades JM but that is just nuts!

Well then. Now that Round 1 is done and dusted, here is where I sit:

2pzn2bq.jpg

Or in text form:

B: K Simpson - S Burgoyne - J Newnes - N Haynes - K McIntosh - A Saad (N Brown - A Oxley)
M: G Ablett - S Pendlebury - N Fyfe - J Selwood - C Ward - P Cripps - I Heeney - A vandenBerg (C Ellis-Yolmen - J Anderson - T Miller)
R: S Jacobs - T Goldstein (T Read)
F: H Bennell - D Smith - D Swan - C Salem - M Clark - J Hogan (T Lamb - J Lonie)

NOTES:
> I went with my gut on Haynes and D. Smith
> I am lacking one Robbie Gray
> Disappointed I didn't run with B. Smith and Lewis, who I had in my team a day before lockout
> Hugely expensive rucks, which at this point is concerning; no idea how to approach it

But I'm not sure what to do this week, if anything. I have $8,200 in the bank. Any thoughts?

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe so. He'll probably come back in at some point too, but trading him gets me Hogan, Docherty, Rich and Treloar instead of Dusty, Goodes/Ibbo, Cripps and Griffen.

Well ahead in net cash generation and points per week.

Treloar, Docherty, Rich & Hogan
Vs
Griffen, Dusty, Ibbo & Cripps.

The second option will net you more points per week.

Yeah I'm agreeing with you there.

I've just got a horrible feeling that I have got Jimmy Webster 2.0 on my hands with Newnes. :eek:
What annoys me most is that I spent 3 months posting in here saying that very thing (Webster II), only to swap Docherty to Newnes three days before the season started.

Very, very angry with myself :mad:

No trades this week but big watch on Rich, Garlett and McCarthy. Sheed and Dusty the potential victims in week 3.
IF the rucks cop scoring carnage again, i will downgrade Maric to TBC and try getting Rich in for Spud Miller. That'll make me feel better :)

How did you see Lumumba Jiska ? Penny for your thoughts govenor?
Love the guy. Can't see him averaging much different to previous years though.

Big Fan of the Garlett pick. Ill watch the game later on, but from what the stats says I'm assuming he was influential around the stoppages and crumbed like a champion (correct me if I'm wrong). IMO, Melbourne defensive game will suit the small forward and with a be of -97 he's coming into my side.

Im just scared of the tag and what that might do.... But for now!!
Actually, he played around the half-forward flank and had a number of starts at centre bounces. Sharked a Jamar tap out, ran to 50 and drilled a goal at one stage.

Treloar, Docherty, Rich & Hogan
Vs
Griffen, Dusty, Ibbo & Cripps.

The second option will net you more points per week.
Maybe. Maybe not.

I'm sure that by the end of the week I will have calmed down, the anger will have subsided and I'll reverse my trades and sit tight. But for now it feels bloody good to trade out spuds :D

What annoys me most is that I spent 3 months posting in here saying that very thing (Webster II), only to swap Docherty to Newnes three days before the season started.

Very, very angry with myself :mad:

Newnes 2014

4 x 100+
4 x 90+
6 x 80+
2 x 70+

16 games higher than what he scored last week in 2014.

I am giving him a break. He has potential to turn that into 6+ 100 and 6+ 90. Webster and Sutcliffe never had any potential

he looked lazy and disinterested imo. wouldn't necessarily say it was his back. he was trying to do an ablett waiting around the back of packs for a quick handball receive alot, also didn't run hard enough - no real intensity. i don't think that GWS need him as much as i thought when i picked him. I picked him as a speculative top 10 mid. now that looks like it's not gonna be the case (obviously small sample size)
Thanks. I'm just worried he is going to cruise. :mad:

I never got either, but Newnes doesn't look anywhere near as bad as Webster did. 70 odd with 4 or 5 frees against is a good score.

This.
I don't have him (got Geary instead), but Newnes is 10 times the player nikky webster is.

He'll be fine and average 90+ this year.

Although I personally think Geary has just as much potential to average 90+ this year, and is 100k cheaper.

Lids to bont
Cripps to rich
Is it too early to write cripps off and I'm getting hot feet with lids getting subbed out. Probably just me making excuses to myself to make the trade? o_O

Miller looks way out of his depth- Touk to Mcgrath seems sensible right?

Didn't really see much of the Brions game, but Mcgrath must look ok?
Job security?
Not convinced. Was 40 odd at quarter time and then did SFA. Didn't see the first quarter so not sure how that 40 points came about.
Miller did look very ordinary, but not sure the sideways trade is necessarily justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back