Review Round 2 vs Western Bulldogs @ Mars Stadium - 24th March 2024 - 12:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Vfl for walter would be most likely but it would have to be tempting, bulldogs key backs aren't the best and could be a nice first up run for him. On the other side the vfl team are playing Richmond who are decimated for defenders and if he plays there he could be primed for a nice haul.

I can’t imagine we will be rushing any of the guys in for 1 game before the bye. Dimma will most likely reward those who have played their role so far.

Macpherson for Rosas probably the only change. Would love to see Will Graham in although don’t love seeing debuts as sub, so it will probably be Tsitas.

Vfl for walter would be most likely but it would have to be tempting, bulldogs key backs aren't the best and could be a nice first up run for him. On the other side the vfl team are playing Richmond who are decimated for defenders and if he plays there he could be primed for a nice haul.
Jed, I think VFL this week and next, debut against the Hawks at home.

I would love Jake Rogers to come in for Mally though, but I think it could be the same for him to.

Jed, I think VFL this week and next, debut against the Hawks at home.

I would love Jake Rogers to come in for Mally though, but I think it could be the same for him to.
Only problem is that the vfl don't have a game the next 2 weeks so it would be vfl- 2 weeks rest then hawks.

Dogs dont have a match up for Casboult so happy for him to play. Ofc ITCHING to see JED

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have started 3-0 before in 2016.

We all know what happened after that.
That's a statistical anomaly though. In the 18 team era (2012-) we've seen 28/34 teams (82.3%) qualify for the finals when they've started the season 3-0. We were one of the teams that missed in 2016, Essendon & Carlton did it in 2012, West Coast did it in 2014, Port Adelaide did it in 2018 and Carlton did it in 2022. The other 28 teams that have started the season 3-0 since 2012 have all gone on to play finals that season. If we beat the Dogs then I'll put together a 4-0 version of these stats.

Only problem is that the vfl don't have a game the next 2 weeks so it would be vfl- 2 weeks rest then hawks.
This might end up being the reason Dimma does blood Jed this weekend. Virtually every player and coach at the club that was interviewed over the summer months said Walter was the one that had impressed the most over the pre-season and Dimma said flat out that he would have played in Opening Round had he been available. I know people want to take the conservative approach with our younger guys but if the medical team has cleared him then there's really no reason why you shouldn't play him if you think he's a better option than one of our other key forwards that's in the team.

FWIW I reckon Dimma will pick Walter to debut in this game.

That's a statistical anomaly though. In the 18 team era (2012-) we've seen 28/34 teams (82.3%) qualify for the finals when they've started the season 3-0. We were one of the teams that missed in 2016, Essendon & Carlton did it in 2012, West Coast did it in 2014, Port Adelaide did it in 2018 and Carlton did it in 2022. The other 28 teams that have started the season 3-0 since 2012 have all gone on to play finals that season. If we beat the Dogs then I'll put together a 4-0 version of these stats.

This might end up being the reason Dimma does blood Jed this weekend. Virtually every player and coach at the club that was interviewed over the summer months said Walter was the one that had impressed the most over the pre-season and Dimma said flat out that he would have played in Opening Round had he been available. I know people want to take the conservative approach with our younger guys but if the medical team has cleared him then there's really no reason why you shouldn't play him if you think he's a better option than one of our other key forwards that's in the team.

FWIW I reckon Dimma will pick Walter to debut in this game.
Willing to put money on Jed not being included this weekend. Our forward line has been working so far, execution needs some refinement but Luko, King and Big Meat are working well so far. No need to bring Jed in straight away if it's working. Give him some time to build a little bit of form and bring him in hot. Not cold off an injury.

Ballarat forecast looking good.

Sunday 24 March

Min 6 Max 21 Chance of any rain: 0%
Cloudy. Light winds becoming southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning

Willing to put money on Jed not being included this weekend. Our forward line has been working so far, execution needs some refinement but Luko, King and Big Meat are working well so far. No need to bring Jed in straight away if it's working. Give him some time to build a little bit of form and bring him in hot. Not cold off an injury.
Not a gambler but you seem far more confident in your conviction than I (almost as if you have some inside info). All I have is an inkling based on Dimma's quotes about Jed during the pre-season. Just one thing - our three tall forwards kicked a combined score of one behind in the Crows game so I wouldn't necessarily agree that it's "been working so far". I know the weather affected them but facts are facts. I watched Chol kicked four goals in a wet Carrara game in 2022 so it's not like it can't be done. I'd say they played really well in the Richmond game and not so great in the Adelaide game.

Ballarat forecast looking good.

Sunday 24 March

Min 6 Max 21 Chance of any rain: 0%
Cloudy. Light winds becoming southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning
Dry conditions appear to suit our new gameplan so let's hope it stays like this!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 2 vs Western Bulldogs @ Mars Stadium - 24th March 2024 - 12:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back