Game Day Round 20, 2024 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is so much riding on this game obviously and, in a weird way, almost nothing because the ladder is too congested. One loss can change it all and expecting no losses is mentally asking for a stress attack during every game and I don't want to be in that zone.

So whatever will be, will be and I hope for some 'Joe moments' where I see players genuinely having fun out there.

And yes, this is wistful mood management, but I'll probably end up hiding in the bathroom at some point during the game.

Rayner backing up last week’s game would put us a long way towards winning.
Going to be close all game, Lions by 7.

Massive game. Based on my ladder predictor we only need to win 2 from remaining 4 to make top 4 if we win today.
At the worst we’ll finish 5th you’d think
Ask me if I would take that when we were 3 wins and I’d triple jump at it.
We need to beat the saints and the pies in Melbourne
Then take care of Essendon
That’ll get us in a great spot.
If there was a game to focus on the process it’s this one.
Today I just want to see the midfield including wingers use possession ,dissect their defence .Use the space.
Really need to be on our bikes and work.
I think that means quick shorter kicks
Not so much high balls to contest in transition.
Not sure who goes to Rosa’s maybe wilmont, someone has to wear him .
Another great test for the boys.
Lions to win and Brain for the medal
Taking 20 marks ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very tricky situation due to unseen circumstances however I think we might have missed a trick here. I know the backline is depleted but I’m not sure weakening the forward line to cover is the correct thing to do. I feel that we should have gone with the opportunity to go small and try to run them off their legs. They’re going to score and to expect that but at the end of the day if you score more you win.

A very tricky situation due to unseen circumstances however I think we might have missed a trick here. I know the backline is depleted but I’m not sure weakening the forward line to cover is the correct thing to do. I feel that we should have gone with the opportunity to go small and try to run them off their legs. They’re going to score and to expect that but at the end of the day if you score more you win.
I was toiling with this idea but the moment they brought 2 rucks in, we were forced to play Henry with Big O. We can't risk Big O getting smashed by 2 proper rucks let alone putting Daniher against them as relief ruck. We need Henry but I'd try him as first ruck and ask him to go full throttle early in the game. Sub him out by end of Q3 and add more run for Q4.

2008 GF. Croad goes down and Campbell Brown is forced to play CHB. Hawks win against THAT Geelong team with a majorly undersized backline.

If they could beat the Cats, we can ABSOLUTELY win today.

Elixuh Dew to put on a coaching masterclass.

This team stepped up earlier in the season when it was 2 down on bench and everyone on the ground almost had to play 90% game time. It gives me belief they can do it again.

I was toiling with this idea but the moment they brought 2 rucks in, we were forced to play Henry with Big O. We can't risk Big O getting smashed by 2 proper rucks let alone putting Daniher against them as relief ruck. We need Henry but I'd try him as first ruck and ask him to go full throttle early in the game. Sub him out by end of Q3 and add more run for Q4.
Yes
Bring my boy on , sharpie the roadrunner
Pray he’s on your side

So if we win this and the Eagles either win or make it close enough that Freo don't get a percentage boost we get to be second ... fortunately we don't have to rely on Port (already happened so no pain there) and doesn't the lower team normally win the Derby?

Good test of character today ... hopefully we pass ours and the Suns fail theirs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back