Game Day Round 20, 2024 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for the Joe Show down back today. Worth admission alone. He'll play on King I reckon. Joe's mobile enough to run with him, maybe a bit more solid in the body at contests and he's definitely annoying enough to get in his way.

Berry named in the backs. I can see Berry on Lukosious, he likes to get up n down the ground like an extra winger, Berry can run with that. Lester a bit freer to play Andrews role, intercept, be the general while keeping an eye on Long. That leaves Starce, Brain, Zorko, Prior or McKenna (one will be sub) on the smalls. I think Wilmot will play a bit more wing this week, some mid too. His pace n tackling in amongst it fills a bit of the Berry hole in there too. Ruck matches ruck. I'd like to see O fwd a bit more, let Smith take the load. There's no Touk Miller, the mids should get a good run.

We'll match up OK wherever we need too, play the roles as we have too, support up n down the ground and show some grit. I'm in for a win, 24+.

I like Hardwick but geez he’s a massive word salad…convoluted, jargony and often contradictory…journos clean up his quotes a lot but every now and again someone publishes them verbatim and you realise how bad it is 😝

2nd spot on the ladder shouldn't escape anyone....A LOT ON OFFER. Good teams rise to occasions... THAT'S US. LIONS CONVINCINGLY.

I am not sure we can play both Morris and Smith in the starting 22 and put one of Hippy or Jo into defense.
Smith the sub for me.
Not the ideal sub but i would prefer both Brain and McKenna in the starting 22 over Smith.
With Hippy back to replace Harris we are really only playing the same structure up front as we have for the best part of the year.

With Hippy back to replace Harris we are really only playing the same structure up front as we have for the best part of the year.
Agree if Morris is in for Hippy but it is hardly the same value up forward. Smith is a fwd/ruck a different role really.

Both Morris and Smith are a chance to have quiet games.
I just think Brain and McKenna are more likely to provide better overall team involvement on the day.

Morris and Smith forward does not give me great confidence especially with Jo likely up the ground a lot.

I would be happy with Jo, Morris and Rayner. So basically, Rayner over Smith as the 3rd tall.

key question is how much they will have a ruckman in their forward line?

If it’s most of the game, i’d be tempted to play hipwood on king, smith on resting ruck. Witts and Moyle are giants. 208cm and 206cm. So chuck in smith at 206cm. He can match them in the air and i dare say he is more mobile when it hits the ground.

Yes we would have a small forward line, all the better to lower our eyes. We have lots of weapons in there.

I am not sure we can play both Morris and Smith in the starting 22 and put one of Hippy or Jo into defense.
Smith the sub for me.
Not the ideal sub but i would prefer both Brain and McKenna in the starting 22 over Smith.
I’m not against the kid personally but it’s a terrible selection and to combine it with Morris, we’re effectively down a few numbers. Go smaller or play Fort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point Agree GIF by Chy Girl Boutique

2nd spot on the ladder shouldn't escape anyone....A LOT ON OFFER. Good teams rise to occasions... THAT'S US. LIONS CONVINCINGLY.
hard to believe. I had Lions lower end of the eight and even the possibility of not making the eight after Hawkes game, now could be second. I was going to say a win against the odds, but currently Lions $1.70 favourites.

hard to believe. I had Lions lower end of the eight and even the possibility of not making the eight after Hawkes game, now could be second. I was going to say a win against the odds, but currently Lions $1.70 favourites.
Yep but looking away from the bookies suns would feel favourites on their turf with our outs so psychologically I’d say the teams feel differently.

So I guess Daniher is going to play down back with Smith being left in the team to back up ruck ?

Based on the fact Eric spent all his warm up with the defenders and Joe doing set shots I’d say it’ll be the eel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back