Votes: 34 19.3%
  • Hawks by 25+

Votes: 74 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lonergan hasn't had a clear opponent v Hawthorn since Buddy left; he's been torched a couple of times by the smaller and quicker Gunston in the past two seasons. Means Rivers will have to play on the resting ruck which probably isn't ideal but I have full faith in Harry on Roughead. So who takes Gunston - Kolo?
He torched goodsey last week, roughy this week wud be puurfect

Cocky sub.... In other words, Cocky to get a whopping 8 minutes of game time in junk time with 2 possesions. Better off just playing him in the VFL if they are gonna make him sub every time he plays AFL. What a waste.

He's only been sub twice I think.

Cocky sub.... In other words, Cocky to get a whopping 8 minutes of game time in junk time with 2 possesions. Better off just playing him in the VFL if they are gonna make him sub every time he plays AFL. What a waste.

He wasn't sub last week, and he's a better sub option than GHS.

Lonergan hasn't had a clear opponent v Hawthorn since Buddy left; he's been torched a couple of times by the smaller and quicker Gunston in the past two seasons. Means Rivers will have to play on the resting ruck which probably isn't ideal but I have full faith in Harry on Roughead. So who takes Gunston - Kolo?
Yep, Kolo to Gunston. He has been a difficult matchup for us recently so it's worth a try.

Be nice if we could be competitive, but I fear another belting, especially with no Duncan and Lonergan. Unlike opponents of the past month or so, Hawks will really be able to exploit our lack of a genuine ruck. On paper, the Geelong side doesn't really stack up. But I didn't think the Richmond side a few weeks ago did either, so guess we'll see. Avoiding a belting would be good for percentage and confidence.
Chapman would have been handy in a game like this. :oops: :D

Chapman would have been handy in a game like this. :oops: :D

He would. No question about that. He was a big reason we won so many tight games against Hawthorn from 09-13, not because of a pact or a curse, but because you need big-bodied guys with big-game experience to go in hard against the Hawks if you're a chance to beat them.

He would. No question about that. He was a big reason we won so many tight games against Hawthorn from 09-13, not because of a pact or a curse, but because you need big-bodied guys with big-game experience to go in hard against the Hawks if you're a chance to beat them.
You weren't meant to reply in such a mature and reasoned manner. Damn you BB, I'm actually starting to like you... :eek: :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of a speedy player to come on when others are tired, it makes sense for Cockatoo or Gregson to be sub & they made it Cockatoo.

But in terms of development of a young player, either let them play a full game of AFL or VFL...

Good luck to GHS with a full game tonight! Predicting Stokes to have a quiet one & Menzel/Gore coming in for him next week!

Ch 7 footage inside the Hawks rooms, Sam Mitchell and his running coach going through last minute warm ups....

high-knees.gif

damn and bugger!!!! Not sure which is worse- Harry out or Lonners! :(
Someone's mail was almost right with Rivers being a late change. Lonners hasn't played well against the Hawks since Buddy left. I would have been more concerned if Taylor wasn't playing.

Be nice if we could be competitive, but I fear another belting, especially with no Duncan and Lonergan. Unlike opponents of the past month or so, Hawks will really be able to exploit our lack of a genuine ruck. On paper, the Geelong side doesn't really stack up. But I didn't think the Richmond side a few weeks ago did either, so guess we'll see. Avoiding a belting would be good for percentage and confidence.
We've had no ruck against them for years now, but have been competitive up until the final siren for the most part. What has killed us is lack of midfield. Now we are starting to fix that up, hopefully the lack of ruck will not be an important factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back