C: Mitch Morton Dustin Martin Shane Edwards
HF: ben Nason Jayden Post Jake King
F: Matthew White Jack Riewoldt Ben Cousins
R: Angus Graham Shane Tuck Daniel Jackson
I/C: Andrew Browne Jamie O'Rielly Robbie Hicks Andrew Collins
EMG: Robin Nahas Alex Rance Dean Polo

In: Gourdis O'Rielly Post Collins
Out: McGuane (virus) Thursfield Farmer (knee) Webberley

Finally the Goo gets a run, also good to see Post come back in as well. Really looking forward to the game now.

Just hope all the kids can put in a good showing in front of a big crowd against an old rival.

11-12-07-quicksand-9.jpg

GOO!

Thats quite a big backline we have, more an as average rather than outright height. Deledio usually will take a chop-ouit rebounding role, leaving the Goo, Astbury, and Moore to take on Waite, Hampson and Henderson. Probably not a bad match up.

Go the Goo! I hope he doesn't get crucified if its not a great game by him.

look at that backline... a look at the future perhaps??

Yup,
I like this line up... Certainly has the look of the future about it.
Happy about the debuts as well as Post at CHF.
Pleased that Nason and Hicks held on plus Andy Collins' recall.

Very keen for Saturday to roll around now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving this line up. Goo will be a champion FB and good to see Post in, think we just need to make him a CHF and help Jack out.

I have been overseas for 7 weeks and cannot wait to get back to the G on the weekend!

Thats quite a big backline we have, more an as average rather than outright height. Deledio usually will take a chop-ouit rebounding role, leaving the Goo, Astbury, and Moore to take on Waite, Hampson and Henderson. Probably not a bad match up.

Go the Goo! I hope he doesn't get crucified if its not a great game by him.

Def agree with this..

Hopefully people on here remember that it is his debut game.. Obviously we're all very excited to see his name in the side but lets not be expecting him to poll brownlow votes....

Is this now the Tigers highest number ever debutants in one season?:thumbsu:

And I'll have to watch a silly little line bounce around the screen to track all this from Perth:thumbsdown:

Same WATIGE :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

The joys of living in WA not supporting either of the locals :(

Could be a radio job for me and I hate listening to sport on the radio..

If the Goo lives up to the hype, then that is as good a backline as we have had in recent memory.

All up, its a very strong team. Swap Cotch for Hicks and it would be close to our best team all year.

:DLOOK Baz, I'd take Thursfield or McGuane over Moore anyday - but that aside - it's five of the same six names represented in the back half that we have most weeks.
We bring in Gourdis, who is very, very unproven, and people are talking up our backline.
Here's hoping the kid goes well, but the paranoia over Goo is astounding!!!
Never in my time has a player come into our team in recent years - including Deledio, Cotchin, Martin and Riewoldt - who has been so hyped!!!
I hope we all aren't disappointed!!

Is this now the Tigers highest number ever debutants in one season?:thumbsu:

And I'll have to watch a silly little line bounce around the screen to track all this from Perth:thumbsdown:
if you would like to know a venue in Perth that will have the game live feel free to PM me (yes we would be happy to welcome Richmond fans)
Plenty of players that could trouble Carlton in that squad. Plenty of height and speed. Hmm will be a game won between the ears
Ruthless- may the best team win!

The forward line is still a midget fest but happy with the backline structure. Good luck to the kids, no doubt we're experimenting rather than going all out for wins which some people won't like.

Getting there...

Agreed. I think they should have rested Nason for at least a week. I know we are near the end of the season but he looks like he needs a break. I would also have liked to bring Rance in given his good VFL form and to provide a bigger body.

I would also like them to experiment further with trying one of the short people (not Kingy) in the Back Pocket on say Gartlett to see if we can solve that problem going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 20 vs Carlton - O'Rielly & Gourdis Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back