Preview Round 21 – Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants, Friday 11th August, 7.50pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's a deliberate move to keep the forward line unpredictable, something we did for the first time this year last week and it worked.
Rory wants to be the next giant # 1 ruck, this is a chance to show his wares, he is as likely to be BOG as irrelevant..

He is Jonathon normally, where are you seeing Jonny?

Simpson may still come in, but if not, you're right, clearly your MC think the run & gun is your go this week, as it was last week.

The tactical battle in this game is great. Both teams can adjust their style pretty wildly with varied team selection. Ironically, per the named teams we're pretty top heavy up forward and you're a bit light on.

Re Jonny, I thought the post above was a copy of the team sheet - must be some artistic license in there!

Anyone going to be in Melbourne, feel free to come to Munich Brau Haus a lazy 10 minute walk to the ground in Southbank. Have a cracking Friday afternoon Happy Hour including $5 pints and $1 Buffalo wings from 5-7. After we gorge, WE MARCH!

I'll be the only guy there in Giants gear. Say hi.
Young man

If we make the GF the melbourne puns are going to regret it. Ill be there

With a fresh jacket to spill dark ale on

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look at the opposition they've been playing recently. Only side they've beat I'd rate is the Bombers. We've been playing the best in the comp with the exeption of Freo.( sorry Simmofreo, purely ladder position)
They just aren't what they were last year.
No worries at all. Love my Dockers, but they are not in the mix at all this year.

Only positive is at least they havnt been a percentage boosting team

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Re Jonny, I thought the post above was a copy of the team sheet - must be some artistic license in there!

It was a cut and paste job from the news story on the website that arrives via twitter outlining who's in and who's out, not the actual team sheet which looks more like this....

IMG_4567.jpg
You'll notice that Jonathon is Jonathon and not Jonny on that one.

To be honest I hadn't noticed it until you said pointed it out, but I went back a few games and they're all the same - Jonny on the news article where I get the team from after it's tweeted out and Jonathan on the more offical team sheet on the website - though interestingly for his return match, after missing a couple, against Port Adelaide in round 4, he's down as Jon so it's a bit all over the place really.

Not all the threads have the cut and paste job, and not all the stories are still up on the website (or at least, I can't find them on short notice) so trying to find the exact date for the beginning of the use of Jonny is unclear.

Doesn't really make it any clearer though, but that's the best answer I can come up with close to midnight.

Surprised that Smith has missed but it may be he needs a freshen up/rest for the finals and he will be missed
It will be interesting to see how Lobb goes against Roughead and he will need to be at his tackling best so this is a challenge for him and I am sure he will give it his all
I think if Mumford was playing i would back the giants to win and his tackling around the contest will be missed so I see it as who wants the win badly enough and is willing to make the smother or tackle to change the game momentum in the last quarter
Game could go either way by less than a goal

It was a cut and paste job from the news story on the website that arrives via twitter outlining who's in and who's out, not the actual team sheet which looks more like this....

View attachment 402328
You'll notice that Jonathon is Jonathon and not Jonny on that one.

To be honest I hadn't noticed it until you said pointed it out, but I went back a few games and they're all the same - Jonny on the news article where I get the team from after it's tweeted out and Jonathan on the more offical team sheet on the website - though interestingly for his return match, after missing a couple, against Port Adelaide in round 4, he's down as Jon so it's a bit all over the place really.

Not all the threads have the cut and paste job, and not all the stories are still up on the website (or at least, I can't find them on short notice) so trying to find the exact date for the beginning of the use of Jonny is unclear.

Doesn't really make it any clearer though, but that's the best answer I can come up with close to midnight.

Haha The Curious Case of Jonny Patton...

From our perspective, very happy that Lobb will be spending 80% of the game away from goal. He scares me a lot more as a forward, for the aforementioned reasons. I'd certainly rather your 40+ hitouts come at the expense of him as a marking option I50.

To be honest Lobb scares me a lot as a forward too at the moment - his goalkicking radar isn't great, and his hands are a bit harder than they were last year when he was marking everything.

Game day. Make sure theres some Orange about peoples!

Time to neuter these mutts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It's always a laugh reading their post game excuses. After Canberra they actually won apparently and don't seem to realise the 4 points were credited to
If the game goes as it should I'm guessing Johannisens injury will play a prominent role.

Yep, my first thought when I saw his name was "oh Eff, who's not making the trip now, and when will get him back"
Game day. Make sure theres some Orange about peoples!

Time to neuter these mutts.

I will be there in my orange & charcoal...

God I hate the Western Bulldogs!

Plenty of reasons why. Dont need a game day op for it mate

They have the most appalling group of supporters as a rule without question.
A couple of weeks ago in Melbourne I was talking to some Richmond and North suppirtets in the Hotel bar post game. What was noticeable is it was unaminous their supporters are the pits. I think BF suffers from the distorted perceptions of online forums generally, and trusting your observations is the way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Patton is registered as an AFL player as "Jonathon" but around the Club he's Jonny and Jon.

Based on my junior team list experience (particularly if lists are created and lodged electronically using a program that includes all registered players) Mr Patton will be listed by his registered name on the official AFL team sheet. The club can do whatever it likes.

He may be able to shorten it next year when the Club finalises its list, but until then he will be Jonathon.

I don't have a good feeling at all about this game. :(

Tell me something to give me some confidence, please!

I don't have a good feeling at all about this game. :(

Tell me something to give me some confidence, please!

I don't either. But then I haven't felt confident going into a game for a while...

...as a Brisbane supporter??

No, speaking solely for GWS games. :p

With my Brisbane hat on I was pretty confident about the Carlton game.

They have the most appalling group of supporters as a rule without question.
A couple of weeks ago in Melbourne I was talking to some Richmond and North suppirtets in the Hotel bar post game. What was noticeable is it was unaminous their supporters are the pits. I think BF suffers from the distorted perceptions of online forums generally, and trusting your observations is the way to go.
The premiers and supporters are normally the most hated team the next season. Anyway may the best team win and hope it is another cracker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 21 – Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants, Friday 11th August, 7.50pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back