Preview Round 21, 2017: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 13 August 2017, 3.20pm @ UTas Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he's probably not match-fit yet, but I'm really keen to get Lovell back into the team in some capacity. Probably not this week, maybe next week if he plays well in the VFL.

He's going to be one of our next-gen engine room players, so we need to get him game time ASAP.

I still get a little excited thinking about our midfield in a couple of years with all the great prospects we have. And assuming that Howe is going to play as a half-back midfielder a la Hodge.
Did you watch Box Hill last week? He looked miles off being ready for AFL. Got the ball but so many fumbles, missed kicked and handballs. Keep him in the VFL to develop.

I'd like to see Vickery get another chance. Not sure who he replaces though. Anyone who is even slightly sore.

Poppy back would be great.

I reckon that would be one of the worst things we could do at this stage of the season, he's 27 and isn't going to get any better than what he's shown in his 9 years of AFL football to date.

I reckon that would be one of the worst things we could do at this stage of the season, he's 27 and isn't going to get any better than what he's shown in his 9 years of AFL football to date.

The onyl caveat I would make is that for mine he seems lazy and does not bust a gut.

Perhaps knowing that his last year of AFL football is in front of him might make him have a huge pre-season and change what he can deliver.

If he does not, then he chugs along at VFL level next year purely as injury insurance and ythen gets delisted.

Pittonet and Morrison are in the mix. If they are selected they are still eligible for the VFL finals as they've played nearly every game in the VFL. It would be nice to see Morrison in particular being rewarded for his consistency.

He is contracted next year. We should actually get use out of him. He already qualifies for Box Hill finals so why not get some senior practice?

ROUND 21 TEAM
Hawthorn v North Melbourne
UTAS Stadium
Sunday 13 August, 3.20pm
B: Luke Hodge, Kaiden Brand, Jack Gunston
HB: Ryan Burton, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
C: Liam Shiels, Tom Mitchell, Ricky Henderson
HF: Billy Hartung, Tim O’Brien, Isaac Smith
F: Luke Breust, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers
R: Ben McEvoy, Daniel Howe, Shaun Burgoyne
INT from: Taylor Duryea, Will Langford, Teia Miles, Kurt Heatherley, Conor Glass, Kade Stewart, Brendan Whitecross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any sneaky parking nearby UniTas stadium? Heading there on the weekend for the first time in a looooooong time. Any advice appreciated peeps!

You can park up on Elphin road or on Brisbane street opposite city park. Takes about 10 minutes to walk to the ground and you avoid the heaps of traffic at the end of the game.

thats the thing Blaze, I'd rather give him a run in the VFL including finals where they can play him in the middle most of the game than 1-2 games in the seniors in a lesser role and then his year over because he doesn't qualify for VFL finals

I know everyone wants to see him play but I think it's better for next year if he doesn't play senior footy this year

we need to be patient

I fully endorse the intelligence and smarts contained in this post.

Both Kieran Lovell and Jaeger O'Maera should play with Box Hill through the finals. For match fitness and form.

I fully endorse the intelligence and smarts contained in this post.

Both Kieran Lovell and Jaeger O'Maera should play with Box Hill through the finals. For match fitness and form.
I'd love to see them both running around in the seniors having an impact, but I'll happily settle for watching them at Box Hill knowing they are doing what they need to to have the best preparation for next year

Yes he is a liability. Sooner we get rid of him better it is for the team.
He really isn't.

People like you just can't get passed any of his errors, while overlooking errors from every other player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back