Review Round 21, 2024 - St. Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against St. Kilda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith should stay in the team, he has a lot to work with. Great taps, clean below the knees. And he'll have us covered should Big O go down in the finals.
Showing a lot of promise .I like him ,

Charlie looked in good spirits post game, did they say on the coverage why he was subbed?
According to Charlie, he's been icing it up after games for a few weeks as part of recovery from a knock he got.

Smith should stay in the team, he has a lot to work with. Great taps, clean below the knees. And he'll have us covered should Big O go down in the finals.
It’s an interesting conundrum

Morris was really good today

Hipwood has had some cracking games this year.

But if there is one player you don’t want going down it’s probably oscar. Got concussed v geelong this year. And v tiges in 2022 EF.

Could Smith be a sub especially vs a team with a good ruck?

I must say I’ve really enjoyed football the past 2 weeks.

Few bits and pieces on some players.

Firstly have to apologise to Cam. I wavered on him earlier in the year but **** me he’s made a lot of us eat our words the last 2 months. The sort of guy who could win us a Granny.

Lachie. Enough said. Said a couple of weeks ago, I think maybe we all take him for granted a bit but shit he’s a good footballer.

Harris. Again enough said. Best defender in the comp. Daylight second.

Was great to also get a couple of guys back in a bit of form who have been off this year. Starce, Bailey etc. These guys will be crucial over the next little while.

Edit. Shout out to Froggy too. He never gets much wraps, except from one poster in particular, but to put out 200 games after rolling one year extensions for the most part shows the type of character he is.
I’ve enjoyed it the last 9 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s an interesting conundrum

Morris was really good today

Hipwood has had some cracking games this year.

But if there is one player you don’t want going down it’s probably oscar. Got concussed v geelong this year. And v tiges in 2022 EF.

It’s possible they may consider this next week given the Giants’ forward line is taller than the Saints today. If Eric does come back in and is required to move down back at some stage, it may allow us to tinker around with this a bit.

Can, Harris, Joe, Lachie and clug were obviously great.

At the game I was once again very impressed by Kai - he was relentless in defence. Shame he kicked two points because it was another strong game.
I reckon Kai should place well in the Rising Star. Turning into such an important player. At the start of the year I wasn't big on him but he's completely proved me wrong.

Rayner was incredible today - such an awesome game!
Very pleased to see the Saints buried in this game considering they kicked 100 points against us not that long ago.

Kai Lohmann - really becoming a 'spark' player for us in every game. So good to see from a young player. Actually all of our youngsters have stepped up big time this year - kudos to the development coaches for that!

The busker was having a beer by the time I went past and still singing.

Smith was great as was Morris, especially early. Obviously the usuals were all fantastic but I want to give a shout out to WAshcroft, he stepped up again today, he was changing direction quickly too, good signs.

We suddenly have a bit of depth, great to see. The pressure was amazing but I have to say, St Kilda really played dumb footy, they seemed to just do everything so slowly.

Seemed to be that's what they're doing with Smith at the moment. He's taken Joe's place as 2nd ruck and rucking while Big O is on the bench or has drifted forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21, 2024 - St. Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions

Back