Round 21 changes: Footscray v Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I think about it, the more I think McNeil and VDM are helping us achieve the perfect balance between height and speed.

Just wish both of them were cleaner handlers of the ball, decent kicks for goal on the run and from set shots, demanded the ball more often and were blessed with better disposal vision.

I will be super annoyed at the club if we don't allow one of the remaining members of the 1954 Premiership to present the Premiership trophy, if we play in a Grand Final any time ahead. Schultz was a great choice last time. But definitely want to see one of the original members next time over the likes of Johnson, Hawkins, Grant etc.

I will be super annoyed at the club if we don't allow one of the remaining members of the 1954 Premiership to present the Premiership trophy, if we play in a Grand Final any time ahead. Schultz was a great choice last time. But definitely want to see one of the original members next time over the likes of Johnson, Hawkins, Grant etc.
Hopefully we get on a roll and we can have both. A 1954 player this year, then Hawkins the next one then Johnson/Grant the one after that. Three in 15 years would be bloody nice!

Just 4 remain from our 54 premiership...

Angus Abbey - 98
Jim Gallagher - 93
Doug Reynolds - 90
Don Ross - 90

It would be great to see them all there on GF day.

Haha I had to google Oskar Baker highlights to confirm I wasn’t being gaslit that he was a left footer and the first thing that came up was him faking right and snapping on his left against Brisbane.
Baker is a right footer. Absolutely delighted some of the posts on here. Some have no idea about footy and role players. Think it’s all about possessions. VDM is playing his role as good as Treloar and Bont are playing theirs. His defensive actions are what the coaches want out of him. Games 120 mins. 30 possessions you got the ball for two mins. You need to contribute without the ball.

Weve been really bad in these 8 point games.

We had a chance to bury Brisbane's season, look at them now

Heres another chance to put a challenger out of finals contention.

Hopefully we get a good crowd and that can lift us over the line and get us the rub of the green with the umps

Baker is a right footer. Absolutely delighted some of the posts on here. Some have no idea about footy and role players. Think it’s all about possessions. VDM is playing his role as good as Treloar and Bont are playing theirs. His defensive actions are what the coaches want out of him. Games 120 mins. 30 possessions you got the ball for two mins. You need to contribute without the ball.
Laith… is that you? 😂

Worried about this game as they tend to have owned us over the last 5 years, can only remember the JUH kicking 5 win that was only sealed late and we possibly snuck another one in, but in general they have dominated and we have been scared to take them on.

Could have said the same thing about the Cats and their piss-can of a ground, so hopefully it’s the same result.

Even more worried that their dedicated thread to us is nearly on page 4 of their board, and their match thread is full of posts saying they are cooked and are no chance….

Worried about this game as they tend to have owned us over the last 5 years, can only remember the JUH kicking 5 win that was only sealed late and we possibly snuck another one in, but in general they have dominated and we have been scared to take them on.

Could have said the same thing about the Cats and their piss-can of a ground, so hopefully it’s the same result.

Even more worried that their dedicated thread to us is nearly on page 4 of their board, and their match thread is full of posts saying they are cooked and are no chance….

Round 19, 2021 at the G with no crowd.
The night Cody sat on Gawn’s head 😁

We'll be fine.

As good as May and Lever are, they can't contain the three headed monster.

Petracca is a huge out for them.

The addition of Richards to our midfield will stop us from getting killed at centre bounce, which is how they've beaten us historically.

Gawn is still rebuilding after rushing back from an injury - Tim will match him.

Jones and Lobb will mark every high ball into their attacking 50.

The only way they're scoring any goals is from quick transition, so as long as we bring the full ground defence we have displayed in the last few games they're toast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they owned us because we played an inferior brand. we seem to have turned tha around. they are without their best player.

if we dont smack them, we just aernt serious

We'll be fine.

As good as May and Lever are, they can't contain the three headed monster.

Petracca is a huge out for them.

The addition of Richards to our midfield will stop us from getting killed at centre bounce, which is how they've beaten us historically.

Gawn is still rebuilding after rushing back from an injury - Tim will match him.

Jones and Lobb will mark every high ball into their attacking 50.

The only way they're scoring any goals is from quick transition, so as long as we bring the full ground defence we have displayed in the last few games they're toast.

Stop Pickett !!

Piss-can. Good phrase. Think I will use it. The phrase that is.

I didn’t think Daniel was bad per say and I did like the balance a little better (not convinced Buku & Coffield can share the backline when Lobb/Jones play) but CDs days in defence are done for me. He’s too easy to isolate from an opposition point of view, he’s too indecisive (was a strength) and struggles with the pace of the game at times. I hope he can reinvent himself but I think our game style has gone past him.
Players that "sweep" behind the play and read the game well, despite some pure defensive deficiencies (like his height) are not just made for modern footy.

His story is very similar to Darcy Byrne-Jones (who while never should have been an All-Australian), was still a very good player for two or three years across half-back before the game changed too much for his role - like Daniel he's had to play other positions since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 21 changes: Footscray v Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back