Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie had leaped Erasmus in recent times, was emergency for the last few games (Erasmus hasn't been emergency since round 16)

So I'd say its Brodie coming in, unless we are changing it up and going with Coops (who has also been emergency the last few games over Erasmus)

Brodies handball game is also a lot closer to what Fyfe has been bringing, Fyfe very handball heavy this year.
Didn't Ras have a concussion for a decent stretch there?

They also alternating the travelling emergency so the same player/s aren't missing too much football.

It would be sweet for Brodie to get a game against the Bombers and play so well that they also throw a contract at him for three to four more years.

I hope so (well not that length of contract). It's possible that there's a future where Fyfe retires in a year or 2, and Erasmus is just not that good. Brodie has AFL-level clean hands and contested ball winning - that's Fyfe's role. He's a proven commodity and people forget he's still young.

I want to see Erasmus get another chance eventually, but he's not a proven AFL level player based on his Fremantle minutes so far. He carries a higher risk than Brodie and I don't think he necessarily has the higher ceiling either.

With the criticism that Essendon has been under through the media this week, plus Sunday arvo at the G, it screams an ambush by a fired up opponent.
I hope we're ready.
JLo said we’re treating the next four weeks as a rehearsal for finals, if we aren’t up and about I’d be very concerned come the finals.

Didn't Ras have a concussion for a decent stretch there?

They also alternating the travelling emergency so the same player/s aren't missing too much football.
1 week he missed through concussion (didn't miss a WAFL game but couldn't be selected as emergency that week)

Brodie wasn't emergency for the first 15 or so weeks, so it's hard to argue that he was alternating with Erasmus, I think Brodie has just moved up the pecking order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been rotating a spare mid forward for a while, maybe we replace Fyfe with a forward and don't rotate Andy/Serong/Young through the forward line.
Given his form over the year, I'd be surprised and disappointed if Ras didn't get this opportunity.

You simply have to reward Peel performers in a situation like this and Ras could win the Sandover this year.

Raz has South African heritage I think?

Ras is of an Afrikaans-background, whom are of mainland European/caucasian descent.

To be Indigenous he'd need to belong to the koekhoen (think the Gods Must be Crazy film) or the San people (which is my background).

The Bantu people (Zulu's, Xhosa's) are technically not Indigenous to South Africa as they migrated south to the region a few hundred years ago from middle-Africa.

Free history lesson for ya.

Cooper, Reidy and Erasmus on the flight. Brodie stayed hone.

I don't like rumours, but kept hearing Brodie made enemies at the club at the end of 2022, apparently he became very vocal about Mundy staying on when it wasn't his place to do so.

Hard to believe that would indicate he never gets a game again? Bloke can't buy a trick though.

Cooper, Reidy and Erasmus on the flight. Brodie stayed hone.

2 "traveling emergencies" at this stage is kinda wild. Genuine injury concern, specifically with Darcy?

You'd think it's Raz starts and Aish or Cooper sub, but could easily enough be Aish starts and Aish/Jaeger take the inside midfield minutes that Fyfe leaves behind.

Surely its as simple as Erasmus in for Fyfe.

Only question IMO would be about who gets the sub spot out of Erasmus and Aish. Personally, would hope to see Aish on the bench with Erasmus getting a proper look at some midfield minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back