Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like rumours, but kept hearing Brodie made enemies at the club at the end of 2022, apparently he became very vocal about Mundy staying on when it wasn't his place to do so.

Hard to believe that would indicate he never gets a game again? Bloke can't buy a trick though.

Was he for or against?

With the criticism that Essendon has been under through the media this week, plus Sunday arvo at the G, it screams an ambush by a fired up opponent.
I hope we're ready.

Essendon will come out hard and physical, but we are pound for pound a better team. If the team stays grounded, then we will out last Essendon.

Freo by 18-24 points.

We should definitely trade Brodie if he isn't getting the Fyfe role btw

Hopefully someone comes after him
Be delisted I reckon.
He had one good season and looked likea star.I think he lacks pace and finds it hard to keep up with the game.He runs from stoppage to the next and not much in between.

Was he for or against?

Wanted him to stay on - said he was crucial to his improvement as an AFL player. Was told that staff were shocked a first-year player with the club (at least for Freo) would get on his high-horse like that. If it's true I imagine he would've learned and moved on from it - I doubt he'll be in Purple next year though.

Possibly but I was thinking Young to Merrett in the middle. He has done a good job before. Either way someone has to shut him down.

And yes it would be good to see Erasmus get a full run at it, he deserves the opportunity
Outside chance Aish goes to Merrett and Ras sub. Would like to see Ras get a full run in his natural position though, probably the first of his career?

Possibly but I was thinking Young to Merrett in the middle. He has done a good job before. Either way someone has to shut him down.

And yes it would be good to see Erasmus get a full run at it, he deserves the opportunity
Yeah I think that's more likely. Our midfield has spoken about being more proactive. Slotting a pure tagger in there seems to go against what they are tring to do as a midfield group. Will likely be a Young + team effort to watch him

I take the Reidy inclusion as a sign that Darcy’s fitness is less than optimum. If any risk, at last minute they’ll run with Reidy as replacement bullock.

I have never really seen Ras do anything good at AFL level but admittedly it's only this season I have seen MJ perform at B22 level.

Just Ras in for Fyfe

Essendon v Fremantle at the MCG, 3.20pm AEST

ESSENDON

In:
J.Kelly, N.Bryan, A.Davey jnr, A.Roberts
Out: J.Ridley (hip), A.Perkins (omitted), D.Heppell (omitted), P.Wright (omitted)

Last week's sub: Archie Perkins

FREMANTLE

In:
N.Erasmus
Out: N.Fyfe (suspension)

Last week's sub: James Aish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, Peter Wright has had a big fall from grace.

(go on, say it)
A 2m fall

Monday Night Raw Reaction GIF by WWE

Pumped to see Ras in the team. He couldn't have done more at Peel. In a perfect world he would get an extended run, but I don't think we will see that. Hopefully he plays well and smashes pre-season, and is in the next next year.

Wanted him to stay on - said he was crucial to his improvement as an AFL player. Was told that staff were shocked a first-year player with the club (at least for Freo) would get on his high-horse like that. If it's true I imagine he would've learned and moved on from it - I doubt he'll be in Purple next year though.
Soft as **** from the club if true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back