Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s good to see Darcy Moore go back to playing more like the early 2023 version of himself

But again just like the Hawthorn game he inexplicably went into a contest against a player half his size and made the wrong decision which cost us at a crucial time

I really wish he could get those brain fades out of his game. Because he’s actually been defending really well for 3 weeks now.

It’s good to see Darcy Moore go back to playing more like the early 2023 version of himself

But again just like the Hawthorn game he inexplicably went into a contest against a player half his size and made the wrong decision which cost us at a crucial time

I really wish he could get those brain fades out of his game. Because he’s actually been defending really well for 3 weeks now.
Keeping Curnow goalless was OK - but Curnow's 2 points could have been crucial. Darcy needs to tighten up.

Keeping Curnow goalless was OK - but Curnow's 2 points could have been crucial. Darcy needs to tighten up.

Almost my entire post was complementing Moore and giving him credit and you turned into a negative because it was me posting

It’s actually insane how much I live rent free in so many of your heads lol

Losing DeGoey changed the match. Thought we’d need 2 goals in the last quarter to win and it should have been the case. Thanks McGovern!!

We’ve really missed McCreery’s pressure and tackling. Bit like Maynard players walk taller around him. Cameron brilliant first half, but faded. Howe great all night with a heap of spoils coming in as the third player. Pendlebury vintage, his composure was good all night and super important late. Liked Hoskin-Elliott’s game too, was everywhere at various stages.

Was also bloody nice not seeing McKay and Curnow kick bags against us. Only one arsey goal between them!

Surely the experiment is over. I have been asking why he keeps getting selected for three weeks now. I still don't know the answer.
I was screaming at the TV. 😂
How was he at the centre stoppages?
I don’t want to scrap him. Just, back to the Ressies, have a big summer and come back next year.

Almost my entire post was complementing Moore and giving him credit and you turned into a negative because it was me posting

It’s actually insane how much I live rent free in so many of your heads lol
It wasn't because it was you - it was because of the post.

POTY on the carlton board

“We've bent over for Pendlebury for 20 years so its just so fitting that we bent over again with that last kick to ensure Pendlebury gets to gloriously celebrate his 400th.”
I like this one.

“I wish we got the type of calls forward that Mason Cox did tonight.

Dodgy AF free kicks.”

Said during the match that blue fans will be bitching about Cox despite Curnow constantly being kissed on the dick by the umps for years now.

McCreery in spurts.

McReery for sure

I’d also be giving Reef a run in there and maybe Allan another shot

I’d say Fin but even I’ve given up on Fin. My support is finite. 2 years I reckon is enough.

I didn’t see curnow get any frees in front of goal despite being held at every contest illegally by 3 collingwood players?
First time for everything and it was a pleasant change from previous encounters where Curnow was gifted 4+ goals a game from extremely soft frees.

Very proud of the effort from the boys.
We are still a little off, fumbles and bad kicking.
How bad were the umps, any 50/50 it’s play on or ball up but, a free for other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t see curnow get any frees in front of goal despite being held at every contest illegally by 3 collingwood players?

To be fair tonight was the first time in a looooong time that Curnow didn’t get a whole mess of soft frees. In any game let alone a Collingwood one.

Funnily enough Cox rarely gets them so to see him get a few was odd too

Just that sort of night I guess

Indeed.

I have us winning every game from here though. Well played tonight, we didn’t take our chances or the game on until it was a bit too late. Best of luck next week in sydney.

Collingwood this year has lost a bunch of games we didn’t deserve to win but should have won

Tonight that was your turn. You didn’t deserve to win, but you should have won

There were some great moments where the old Pies we love so much were on show. I don't know why we ground to a halt with ten minutes remaining. It was eerily similar to the final against Melbourne last year. Our defense was bombarded but we somehow hung on. We could not even halve most contests. It was frustrating to watch.

What a game 🥳 Just got home & I can't wait to watch the replay tomorrow.

Thought it was going to be a comfortable win up until halfway through the last... actually prefer that they came back, got a sniff, had a shot to win it after the siren and lost 🤣

Only downer of course was Jordy's injury 💔 he reminded us how important he is to us tonight.

Great win to honour the GOAT #SP400#SP400

That was a magnificent victory.
We played like the 2023 Pies...absolutely no question. We were always there at the contest, and applied fantastic pressure.
In the final quarter, Carlscum got a run on.

Didn't feel that it was due to our fall off in effort. It was a conspiracy of a few moments falling their way and then they believed they could win. They got a burst of momentum, which we had to defend.

Reminded me so much of last year.
We stood up brilliantly in that desperate last few minutes. Cudos to the team defence.. we have not seen such a dour, unflinching effort for a long time.

Love this team. They proved tonight that they havent given up on this season.

Curnow is seriously dangerous

Is the perception accurate that he chokes in finals
In fairness to him, it's not just finals - it's all big games.

Jamie Elliott gets a lot of credit for snuffing them out in 2022, but he couldn't have done it without Charlie shanking 5 points in that game.

Well done to the team. Outside of the bottom 6 everyone stood up and played their roles well. Depth a massive issue but the season is still alive, barely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back