Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

General observation: watching last night’s game I no longer have a clue what constitutes holding the ball, incorrect disposal, throwing the ball.

What confuses me is the “ball came out in the tackle”.

Surely if a player takes possession of the footy (and these days that’s adjudicated very strictly) then said player is responsible for disposing of the ball correctly?

Surely if a player takes possession of the footy (and these days that’s adjudicated very strictly) then said player is responsible for disposing of the ball correctly?
It's been a massive issue this year, for mine. Players know this is being called and are taking advantage of it by just dropping the ball when they feel any contact. Should have been the adjustment early/mid-year rather than the whole 360 degree spin thing.

What about the “he tried to dispose of it” call from one of the umpires under a Pendlebury [?] tackle. Pendles gave the ump a spray, as much as you can these days anyway. Clear incorrect disposal.

Cripps dragged it in and hatched it on a couple of occasions with a ball up the [wrong] decision.

Then there was the another tackle on the flank, might’ve been Beau, had the Carlton player stone cold, ump says no prior - a nonsense given how it’s been umpired this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the “he tried to dispose of it” call from one of the umpires under a Pendlebury [?] tackle. Pendles gave the ump a spray, as much as you can these days anyway. Clear incorrect disposal.
This is so laughable, since when has an attempt been sufficient? I don't blame the umps, theyre just doing what they're told. I blame the AFL for confusing all involved.

This is so laughable, since when has an attempt been sufficient? I don't blame the umps, theyre just doing what they're told. I blame the AFL for confusing all involved.
But it’s sooo inconsistent now as the season progresses.

Earlier in the season, if you had two hands on the ball, get tackled, and didn’t get a clean kick or handball away it got called. Super fast. Virtually no prior required. It was easy to understand.

Did it go too far? Maybe. But it was consistent. And everybody knew what to expect.

Now the interpretation has been softened and we’re back to wishywashy calls from game to game, and really, contest to contest.

It’s on the umps and the umps department for letting it get back to this.

Carlton's 5 goals in the 4th was so unimpeded from the center bounce really.

Mitchell is very much missed once De Goey went out
Interestedly JDG only attended 3 centre ball bounces last night. Definitely missed his presence after he went off, but not necessarily from the centre.

Agree, we really miss Mitchell in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back