Preview Round 21 - St. Kilda v Brisbane Lions (Sunday, 4 August 2024 at Marvel Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Reville named as emergency Smith has to be the sub now.

It won't be Brain as he is the 7th defender.
Fletcher, Berry and Ah Chee were our wings last week.
That could stay the same but i think Ah Chee may go forward and look after Wanganeen- Milera
Bailey played wing the week before so he may fill that role this week.

View attachment 2066363

Fletcher could be sub and we're going with 3 talls / 2 rucks to stretch Saints defense.

Fletcher could be sub and we're going with 3 talls / 2 rucks to stretch Saints defense.
Anything is possible but i just don't see it that way.

Smith played v Swans because most likely the MC thought Big O may need help v Grundy & McLean.
Both Jo and Smith took some ruck duties that day
Fagan likes his 3 talls in the forward 50 but he has gone with two, like leading into and including the finals last year.

Swans: Smith had 47% TOG with Hippy & Jo forward. Morris played VFL that week.

Suns: Smith increased his TOG to 61% mainly because of Hippy in defense.
The three talls were Jo, Morris with Smith taking Jo's ruck time and some forward positioning.

I think Fagan prefers Morris over Smith at present. More of a true 3rd tall than being a fwd/ruck.
I don't think Fagan wants all of Smith 206cm, McInerney 204cm, Hippy 203cm and Joe 201cm all in the starting lineup.
Two are quite mobile two are not.

We will find out Sunday. I just hope Andrews is okay and it is not a precaution in case he is not 100%.

Its a weird call. Never liked it when we play the extra tall or have them as sub. I get we are trying to give Smith a few games as a taste before finals, but this isn't the time to do it.

With 4 round to go last year we had just come off a loss to the Suns by 41 points at Carrara.
A wake up call you could say. We won the next 6 but not the one that counted on GF Day.

In 2023 we had 2 Gabba games and two away games to go. In 2024 it is the same 2 home 2 away Marvel & MCG.
Last year we won all 4: Dockers 3 pts Optus, Crows 6 pts home, Pies 24 points Marvel, Saints 12 points home.

Need to win 3 i think to make top 4 so a must wing game v Saints this week.
I feel pretty confident but also quite nervous that things may just not go our way.
If we have GF aspirations, we need to put the Saints away early and not give them a sniff of victory.

Didn't work for the Suns. Always risky to focus on the opposition and not our own game plan and set up.
Probably/possibly a different reason???

I’m going to this game and would be nice to see a win in Melbourne for once.

My last game was Hawthorn

Didn't work for the Suns. Always risky to focus on the opposition and not our own game plan and set up.
Probably/possibly a different reason???
I'm puzzled as to the reason also. If it's to cover Andrews because he is still feeling minor symptoms from his concussion. Andrews shouldn't play if that's the case, and Smith a replacement from the emergency list. Rather than subbing Andrews out in a game. Does Big O have a niggle, is he starting to fatigue? Maybe we're looking to ease his workload a bit coming into finals. Smith subs in for O last qtr. Did Smith play well enough to hold his spot in the team? I don't know about that. Or maybe there is some tactical reason for it. We have been better at that recently, Dews influence, who knows.

Yeah I'm thinking that too. I'm leaning towards Andrews not being 100% as the late out. Bruce comes on to bench/sub, Hippy back, Smith fwd as per last week. I'd rather play it safe if we need to.
Was Harris on the plane today?

You would think if he was still having concussion symptoms they wouldn't have even put him on the plane.

Was Harris on the plane today?

You would think if he was still having concussion symptoms they wouldn't have even put him on the plane.
Yeah with concussion as of Thursday he was either totally fine or not playing. If he is not playing and we are foxing, smith would be in the 22, Bruce sub, but not sure why fort would be held over? I can’t imagine fort, smith and oscar in the same side! Saints have a lot in the low to mid 190cm so it would make no sense at all.

Would make more sense for another player to have a niggle and Bruce to be replacing them if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,
For tomorrow's game, does anyone know what time the Lions players will do their kick around on the oval prior to their running out for the game?
Hoping to take the kid to meet some players if we get the timings right

Hey guys,
For tomorrow's game, does anyone know what time the Lions players will do their kick around on the oval prior to their running out for the game?
Hoping to take the kid to meet some players if we get the timings right
Usually around 45 to 30 minutes before bouncedown.

Any Victoria September members got a couple of extra free tickets for this game and not going to use them? I’ve got a few of my girlfriends friends who want to come to their first lions game down here

Last couple of games at Marvel lions fans were able to sit on level 1 in designated area. Have not heard anything about tomorrow's game and had TBC on the email. Anyone heard anything ? Cheers.

Last couple of games at Marvel lions fans were able to sit on level 1 in designated area. Have not heard anything about tomorrow's game and had TBC on the email. Anyone heard anything ? Cheers.
At the hawks game there was a designated GA bay next to the cheersquad. Not sure which side it is for this one, but usually try and get in early and ask around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back