Preview Round 21 v Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium Friday August 4th 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed that if we were to make it we'd be no chance - its for the kids to get a taste of finals. Plus I dont want the price paid for Hopper to be too big, we'll never hear the end of it
Don’t fall into the trap of listening to people like Cornes bang on about giving up the world for Taranto and Hopper. Let’s judge them at the end of their tenure. Hopper hasn’t been a star but has been pretty solid, missed a lot of footy last year then injured again this year. I’m going to back him in to be a star next year with hopefully an uninterrupted pre season 👍

I might be on my own here but as a fan/member I have really gone past just wanting to make the finals for the sake of it. I was still bullish last year on what we could do from outside the top 4 and I still maintain we could have gone all the way if not for the infamous score review at the GABBA. This year we are absolutely no chance of winning it, I think everyone would agree there so why the care factor? Doesn’t make sense to me.

more games into everyone. more weeks of watching my glorious tigs

no point in loosing since we traded all our picks

Do not let these mangy mutts walk all over us,lost to the Giants on their cheat ground ffs.

Let’s show some Tiger ticker!

And umps,please please please ,I know you hate our guts but just stop impersonating the poms and give us a fair game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Dusty being ‘managed’, these changes are pretty good IMO. Cumberland and Bauer will give us a point of difference in the forward line. Cumberland can rotate through the middle and Bauer can play defence if we need him there.

Short and Nankervis are obviously good inclusions. I’d have dropped Pickett ahead of Banks. He’s the one who needs a rest.

Dusty being managed is a howler though. What were they thinking? If he’s injured then just say so. If he’s not then he can be managed against North or something like that. We’re not good enough to be ‘managing’ one of our top players against a side like Bulldogs. Regardless of the situation, they messed this one up.

This board is spectacular in it's consistency.

The autopsy thread after the Dees game was all about how the season was done and it's time to reward some kids and have a look at what they have to offer.

Then as we hit Wednesday/Thursday the faint glimmer of hope that we may still sneak into the finals resurfaces and people start thinking that if we can steal a win against the Dogs at Marvel, we're back in the hunt.

Then the team drops and while they have done what most were suggesting last Sunday night and given the kids a bit of a look in, the melts still begin. Firstly because we rested Martin, who is no longer a 27-29 year old but is now 32 and has been carrying a massive load this year. Then Banks is omitted so that Short can return to our back 7 which makes us stronger. In all the melting, it seems that everyone has missed that Coulthard who has been a real spark when subbed on the last 2 weeks finally gets a full game to show what he can do, while Cumberland & Bauer are added to the forward line to hopefully give us more firepower up forward, but more importantly a bit of a glimpse into what could be in store for 2024 when Lynch returns.

Finally we're back to where we all feel the most Richmondy, hoping against hope that the club can sneak into the finals and melting about team selections on Thursday nights.

GIF by Mashable

Don’t fall into the trap of listening to people like Cornes bang on about giving up the world for Taranto and Hopper. Let’s judge them at the end of their tenure. Hopper hasn’t been a star but has been pretty solid, missed a lot of footy last year then injured again this year. I’m going to back him in to be a star next year with hopefully an uninterrupted pre season

Of course … without TT and Hopper take me through our 2025 and onwards quality midfielders…:

Bolton

………yep, that’s it.

We’d be horrendous for 5-7 years waiting for new midfield draftees to develop … which as we know are hit and miss.

Most of our quality players in the last decade don’t come from top-20 picks anyway … Bolton, Balta, Nank, Short, Baker, Graham … there’s a million ways to build a list. 12,19,31 and a F1 with a kick back for TT and Hopper is good business and we’d be an uncompetitive rabble in 12-24 months without it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This board is spectacular in it's consistency.

The autopsy thread after the Dees game was all about how the season was done and it's time to reward some kids and have a look at what they have to offer.

Then as we hit Wednesday/Thursday the faint glimmer of hope that we may still sneak into the finals resurfaces and people start thinking that if we can steal a win against the Dogs at Marvel, we're back in the hunt.

Then the team drops and while they have done what most were suggesting last Sunday night and given the kids a bit of a look in, the melts still begin. Firstly because we rested Martin, who is no longer a 27-29 year old but is now 32 and has been carrying a massive load this year. Then Banks is omitted so that Short can return to our back 7 which makes us stronger. In all the melting, it seems that everyone has missed that Coulthard who has been a real spark when subbed on the last 2 weeks finally gets a full game to show what he can do, while Cumberland & Bauer are added to the forward line to hopefully give us more firepower up forward, but more importantly a bit of a glimpse into what could be in store for 2024 when Lynch returns.

Finally we're back to where we all feel the most Richmondy, hoping against hope that the club can sneak into the finals and melting about team selections on Thursday nights.

GIF by Mashable
yea-dimmer-gif-gif.1716675

To many mixed messages for me one minute we're aiming for finals which I thought a while back was gone and now resting our best player that's hit top form puzzling. Banks no way near should have got dropped and Ryan in for me his the future.

U can’t be that naive, surely? He’s obviously sore and at high risk of pinging a hammy or calf after a 5-day break …. see what happened when Cerra came back too early last game from a soft tissue … he’s now out for 3-4 weeks.

It’s not ideal, but if you think he’s super fit and raring to go and being rested for no good reason that’s pretty daft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I got no problems with that if that's the case , but why do it now why not hawks game or eagles etc our season is on the line tomorrow correct poor management for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back