Preview Round 22, 2018: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 18 August 2018, 7.25pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need percentage to hold off Collingwood who have an injury hit Port and Fremantle in the last 2 weeks. Currently only 3% or about 45 points better off than them so one big win might be able to keep us ahead

What chance is BB? Be good to get him in for a couple of games leading up to finals. We've done well without him, and the weeks off may have done him some good.

Must be close if the 6 week diagnosis was accurate (he’s missed 5 if my maths is correct).

No need to rush him back this week but it would be good for him and Sicily to play in round 23 if possible. It’s pretty tough to come back in for a final when you haven’t played for 2 months (unless your name is Cyril).

You realise this is the 3rd year in a row it’s happened?

Mate I must confess that I live in the US, and for some reason had heard a media report about them moving away from the break after the first time it happened. I obviously followed Hawthorn through finals campaigns, but I tend to run on massive amounts of travel and very little sleep (through different time zones too), and the odd bit of info gets through to the keeper without the same media saturation that you get living in Melbourne.

He was our spiritual leader against Geelong. He lifted a cog or three, and everyone went with him. It was bloody palpable, you could see it happen.

Burgoyne plays even if they manage him to 50% game time / can’t just shut him off then on again while fit —not sure where this all is not right nonsense is coming from. He was enormous against the Cats

Saints look well place for another strong run at a November Premiership.

They'll be some excitement building in our group so we'll need to make sure that no-one is looking past the Saints. They may even come out full of vigour based on us besmirching them about the above earlier in the year - although I think their 2018 giving a crap days might be behind them. Still stranger things, topsy turvy season, etc.

Would be best if we came out and put some margin on the board early. Take their heart away.

If the Skipper's ankle is sufficiently healed, I'd expect him to come back in - probably for one of the talls. It was a pretty bruising encounter against Geelong, so wouldn't be surprised to hear a few are a bit sore. Noted that none of WhiteX (who, yeah, was sick), Duryea and Langford played for Box Hill on the weekend. Two travelling emergencies? Maybe we have some guys who are already sore and carrying?

Anyway - 1st task - the 4 points. 2nd task - persuade the Saints to run up the white flag as early as possible. 3rd task - percentage. And we want to do all that without anyone getting hurt.

Very impressive season so far guys. (It pains me to say as a Swannies supporter) I think the other sides around you are falling apart with injury except for the Tigers. Definitely a sneaky chance to challenge them in the finals if you were to meet them.
Smokey for the premiership. Richmond, Hawthorn, Eagles, then the rest.

Very impressive season so far guys. (It pains me to say as a Swannies supporter) I think the other sides around you are falling apart with injury except for the Tigers. Definitely a sneaky chance to challenge them in the finals if you were to meet them.
With Sicily, McEvoy and Howe back available, who knows what it achievable.

200w (3).gif

VFL Round 19 vs Sandringham

Cousins: 30 disposals - 4 marks - 6 tackles - 8 inside 50s
Mirra: 21 disposals - 10 marks - 6 tackles - 4 goals - 2 behinds
O'Rourke: 18 disposals - 4 marks - 3 tackles
Lovell: 16 disposals - 6 marks
Jiath: 15 disposals - 4 marks - 4 tackles - 4 rebound 50s
O'Brien: 14 disposals - 3 marks
Glass: 13 disposals - 3 marks - 4 tackles
Moore: 12 disposals - 3 marks - 2 tackles
Hanrahan: 11 disposals - 2 goals
Heatherley: 10 disposals - 4 marks
Willsmore: 9 disposals - 5 marks
Ross: 7 disposals - 4 marks - 1 goal

DNP: Duryea, Whitecross, Langford, Jones
Mirra kicked 4, is that right?

I would love Ollie or Cj to come in and get a sniff before the end of the year.

Mate I must confess that I live in the US, and for some reason had heard a media report about them moving away from the break after the first time it happened. I obviously followed Hawthorn through finals campaigns, but I tend to run on massive amounts of travel and very little sleep (through different time zones too), and the odd bit of info gets through to the keeper without the same media saturation that you get living in Melbourne.

Apologies! Assumed you were in Australia and had to endure the daft vacant week in the footy calendar!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be picking out best side regardless of who we are playing. The thing playing the Saints may do is that we are not worried about rushing players back from injury

Have to pick the best side available. Take it easy and we still might lose.

Definitely don't want to rush anyone back from injury.

IN: Roughead , Big Boy (if fully healed)
OUT: Nash or Pittonet (or both, depending on BB)

Two rucks is the go.
Shoe goes out if Rough is OK.
Pitto stays until McEvoy returns.
Nash keeps playing until Sicily or Birchall return, which will not be until finals.

I still think Shoe is doing exactly what is asked of him. Love having him in the side. 1 goal, a couple of assists and bringing the ball to ground is what he is there for. Hope he stays injury free and keeps his place.

All fitness depending but ideally we have the following changes once people are available:

McEvoy for Pittonet
Sicily for Brand
Howe for Nash
Birchall for Miles (unlucky)
Roughead for Schoey (I think)

All fitness depending but ideally we have the following changes once people are available:

McEvoy for Pittonet
Sicily for Brand
Howe for Nash
Birchall hasn't kicked a ball in anger for more than 12 months. Calm your farm on him being re-called.

Birchall hasn't kicked a ball in anger for more than 12 months. Calm your farm on him being re-called.

He might not make it. But it if he gets a game or two at BHH before finals I’d pull The trigger.

He’s been in the top 2 in his position in the last decade

Roughead is more likely to play for Leongatha once he leaves Hawthorn than Gold Coast.

If you were a twice struck cancer sufferer, would you relocate to sunny Qld?

Lewis walked to Melbourne for a trade pick exchange, Mitchell and Hodge went to WCE and Bris for 5th rounders.

Roughead has no greater currency than these 3 legends did when they went out the door.

Fair enough. I think I was still having a few too many reds after the Geelong game and you make a very good point. Someone with skin cancer issues going to the Gold Coast to a club called the Suns..lol.. Perhaps not.

In hindsight, it would be great for him to finish his career at the Hawks and deserves it more than anyone. Still would like Lynch alongside him if possible.

I was just putting it out there and by no way meant anything disrespectful to a champion but as someone else posted, I was also gob smacked when Clarko traded out Mitchell and Lewis for next to nothing but look at the benefits now.

I just have a feeling Clarkson and co are planning something but could be wrong and don't believe he would retire or play for Leongatha and my feeling a club may pay overs for him. But again, let's hope he stays and plays a couple more years of good footy for the Hawks. I have always wondered why he was never played at Center Half Back at times over Schoe?

We really should absolutely smash the Saints this week and if we can finish this season in the top four I think really would be an amazing achievement as thought we may have struggled to even make the eight!

If you go back and look at all of our losses have been by a couple of kicks or so to all teams except bloody Brisbane, who are much improved and no doubt Fagan and Hodge would have a bit of intel on us; so really a great year whatever happens from here with some of the young blokes we're developing.

McEvoy for Pittonet
Sicily for Brand
Howe for Nash

I think you have pretty much nailed it with the changes except the only concern is I have is Birchall coming in without having playing it feels like since Stuart Trott was running around. He is fantastic half back / rebounder don't get me wrong but at this stage of the year coming into finals who would you drop for him and do they deserve it? Morrison? No way. Impey was superb against the Cats, probably his best game for the club.

The pleasing thing is that with Sicily, McEvoy and Roughead certanties to come back in, it is getting harder and harder to drop blokes. Nash had a taste to wee what he was about and thought he was excellent as previously mentioned.

McEvoy for Pittonet
Sicily for Brand
Howe for Nash

Hmm yep that’s probably spot on I reckon. Pretty bloody good team if we get all those 5 back. Shoey pretty stiff though I do like what he does to our team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back