Review Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this sounds like the ramblings of a crazed lunatic, but I also believe there are corrupted umpires within the ranks too.
It’s hard to know what to think when you see an umpiring display like that.
Noticed umps were ok on the first & the locals were frothing
Also noticed ump 42 was reasonable
But watched 29 & he literally paid anything that looked like a 50/50 Dee’s way
He was the official afl match fixer
Tried his little pea heart out to swing it the Dee’s way
Seen games like that b4 but mainly in tassie

Jordon Sweet fined but Pickett let off for his intentional high strike that caused the free kick to be turned around.
So Picketts tunnel/ sling thing on Bergman was ok?
That was the dirtiest, most dangerous act of cowardly thuggery I have seen in many many years
Players saw it & reacted
Picketts the dirtiest player in the afl but gets special afl treatment
It’s not through lack of trying that he hasn’t crippled someone yet

What a corrupt joke of a league

The other thing about Kayo (unlike Foxtel) is when casting to the TV the resolution is a lot worse. No idea why. Never an issue for me casting from other APPs.
are you using a chromecast with android tv? mine always changes back to SD from HD in the Kayo app settings.

Jordon Sweet fined but Pickett let off for his intentional high strike that caused the free kick to be turned around.
If you could report players for cumulative offenses he would have got a game. No doubting his skills but he can be a right little campaigner.

That Pickett push in the back for a mark and shot on goal was as clear as day. Nary a word from the commentators Some of the umpiring was just laughable. I had Gawn in mind all night when thinking of Leigh Matthews quote about protected species

Oliver is a shadow of his former self and his value to the team seems to be getting in the face of the opposition based on that game.

That Pickett push in the back for a mark and shot on goal was as clear as day. Nary a word from the commentators Some of the umpiring was just laughable. I had Gawn in mind all night when thinking of Leigh Matthews quote about protected species
Most hilarious thing is down the round at Marvel, Jade Gresham had Essendon's winner disallowed because of a similar push in the back that Pickett was allowed to get away with.

Even though it was for a `sport' that many probably believe should have never been allowed anywhere near the Olympics it was no great surprise the 3 judges gave her scores of 0,0, and 0 for that ridiculous kangaroo routine!
Apparently laughing at her is considered blasphemy in accordance with today's pearl clutching society.

I really can't wait for the big comet to smash this planet to pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Pickett push in the back for a mark and shot on goal was as clear as day. Nary a word from the commentators ....
If the commentators said anything it would be "good use of the body".

Both hands square in Burgoyne's back. Both players are moving forward so it can't even be argued that Pickett was holding his position and not pushing. Burgoyne is pushed forward under the ball allowing Pickett to take an easy mark.

We are on the receiving end of this biased umpiring week after week, home and away, yet McRae has a whinge about Collingwood not getting advantageous umpiring at the SCG.

1723514065583.png

1723514333943.png

The four goals that Choppy Jr weren't with quite the same polish as he usually has.

The obvious push in the back to Burgoyne. Burgoyne needs to hit the gym.
Marshall taking it over the boundary. Poor play not to disguise it better.
Beating Faz back on the fast break. Fair enough.
5 on 1 in the F50 where he outbodies or pushes Butters. I'm not sure which one Butters needed to find the boundary with that one.

I thought Jones was best on him because Pickett is small but very strong and likes to use his strength. Jones has the power and the speed to go with him and has a similar aggressive streak.

Marshall taking it over the boundary. Poor play not to disguise it better....
I suspect he was trying to knock it through for a rushed behind but the ball went the wrong side of the post.

Them skills!

Inside 50s and shots
MELB 46 and 19 shots
PORT 56 and 26 shots

AFL app says
MELB 1 touched ( ie went thru the goals) and 2 rushed
PORT 0 Touched and 5 Rushed

#AFLDeesPower Final xScores:
MELB 50 from expected 62.2 (+1 rushed)
PORT 53 from expected 76.7 (+0 rushed)

1723564512090.png

Our Groundball Gets have generally been shithouse this year. Against Collingwood it was really shithouse;

Daniel Hoyne on Port Adelaide's groundball work in their defensive 50 against Collingwood: "the second-worst we have ever recorded in 25 years."

Lost Groundball differential just in defence by -15. Up to that point of the year only North Melbourne were worse for the first 6 rounds.

Against Melbourne we lost Groundball by -10

1723565899458.png

Where as against Sydney, surprise, surprise we won it easily +24
1723565762524.png

Our average this year is 85.6, our Opp have averaged 89.9, and the AFL average is 89.1.

In that Collingwood game, it was us 77 v them 111, so -15 in defence and -19 in midfield + forward.

The Collingwood game analysis starts at 10.45 if you missed it back then

Last edited:
Our Groundball Gets have generally been shithouse this year. Against Collingwood it was really shithouse;

Daniel Hoyne on Port Adelaide's groundball work in their defensive 50 against Collingwood: "the second-worst we have ever recorded in 25 years."

Lost Groundball differential just in defence by -15. Up to that point of the year only North Melbourne were worse for the first 6 rounds.

Against Melbourne we lost Groundball by -10

View attachment 2078662

Where as against Sydney, surprise, surprise we won it easily +24
View attachment 2078660

Our average this year is 85.6, our Opp have averaged 89.9, and the AFL average is 89.1.

In that Collingwood game, it was us 77 v them 111, so -15 in defence and -17 in midfield + forward.

The Collingwood game analysis starts at 10.45 if you missed it back then

Reckon it will be a problem this weekend too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back