Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of the problem is we let these games become more difficult than we need to. We get up for the Swans game, but if we think the opposition is beneath us, or if we think they’re weakened by injury, like against the dogs, we don’t play with the same intensity from the get go. We missed Fyfe’s leadership in the middle. the only upside now is that we can’t lose any more games to make top four and hopefully that’s enough to make the penny drop.
Spot on!

True. Better lose like this now and learn, rather than in a final where it would be 10x more heartbreaking

I think if we are losing one or two of those three, to get Bolton and Warner, then we shouldn't get getting both.

We especially need to find away to offer Sturt a contract, he will accept.

If Bolton is only 1.1 million a year, I think we should pass on him.

I think you need to re evaluate what you just said.

You wouldn't swap one or two of those players for Warner and Bolton????

I think you need to re evaluate what you just said.

You wouldn't swap one or two of those players for Warner and Bolton????

I wouldn't want to push out both two of Sturt, Banfield and Switta to get the 2nd one of Bolton and Warner.

e.g. I would assume we can get one of Bolton or Switta, and fit them in the cap. I think it is a mistake to get the 2nd, if it costs us two of the other players.

I wouldn't want to push out both two of Sturt, Banfield and Switta to get the 2nd one of Bolton and Warner.

e.g. I would assume we can get one of Bolton or Switta, and fit them in the cap. I think it is a mistake to get the 2nd, if it costs us two of the other players.

Hmmm ok that makes more sense my bads I misunderstood. Bolton v 2 of those players, there's def a discussion to be had.

ive noticed in the games especially WB and ESS, they play their best mid at the back of the bounce, i believe they hope to nullify the ruck tap straight down which then allows that mid to charge thru the middle and get the ball and away with quick movement, Bontempelli is a master of it. Without our experience players , this wasnt corrected or defended. i would have sent Jackson in to use his leap and tap the ball as far as he could, not only allows time also gives us more time to defend.
the last play should not have let them out so easily, i put it down to immaturity, they must realise at times they need to defend.

Hmmm ok that makes more sense my bads I misunderstood. Bolton v 2 of those players, there's def a discussion to be had.

I think if you start forcing good club people out, you start risking other players leaving.

Especially loyal players like Banfield.

Jeremy Cameron was back in form on the weekend

Who have we normally sent to him..?

Sent from my SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It seemed to me that the team was switched on, we got out to a 25 point lead on the road. The midfield could have been better, I think selection was the main issue. Lost our most experienced mid and replaced him with our most inexperienced mid.
Disagree, we were kept in it by excellent set shots from our forward line. Agree on the Erasmus selection, I felt that Brodie should play instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy was 100% shook last week v West Coast. No way was it an arm or shoulder or whatever they claimed. He was staggering about. Surprised this didn’t get looked at by AFL.

Something also going on with Jackson.
100%... Fully expected late out. It was same thing happened with McKay Carlton and Libber. Obviously punch drunk but stayed on. Except in latter cases they were mysterious last minute outs with "illness". Hope he is okay.

We have to force all their shots wide like last time, Ryan won't beat Cameron one on one
Trouble is Ryan as a pure defender is currently playing like an old chook,but with AP out we have no other alternative ( Cox maybe but he is hit or miss)

As usual, midfield is key. If we get chopped up there like last week it’s probably going to be a long day for whoever ends up on Jez

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back