Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

When a player is the same at WAFL as they are at AFL, they are who they are. His first two games were bizaree because he showed nothing like it at WAFL and they look very much like one offs.

I think he's a very maginally better player than Simpson at the moment and expect that to change rapidly with game time. I would even rather just go back to the extra resting mid.
God forbid a first/second year player doesn't explode onto the scene at AFL level. He was definitely helped in his first two games by the players around him. If he was able to develop alongside Schultz this year he would've been a lot better. But also he showed plenty of games like that at WAFL level before his debut, only difference being he kicked straighter at AFL level.

Crazy how you were willing to give Sturt so many chances because he played a good debut game, despite him being very average at WAFL level and then doing little when he came into the team. But you write off Emmett despite him having a lot less time in the system and playing a toughter position.

He hasn't even been on the list for two years yet and he's played 15 games. Why are you so eager to write him off so early. Older and worse players have had massive turnarounds in form.

People need to relax shit happens every time a team is slandered in the media they win. Drastic changes aren’t needed but the obvious ones
Unfortunately Ras out for fyfe
Aish out for coop as sub
Emmett out for MJ banfield back forward

Chappy has had a rough month. He is not intercepting, he is getting goals kicked on him, his kicking is off, he is hesitant, indecisive.

If Ryan is getting the bigger jobs with AP out surely Chappy steps up as the interceptor. He has had 5 marks in 3 games.

He won’t be dropped but he’d wanna lift his rating quick smart. Ethan Hughes is waiting in the wings lol.

Chappy has had a rough month. He is not intercepting, he is getting goals kicked on him, his kicking is off, he is hesitant, indecisive.

If Ryan is getting the bigger jobs with AP out surely Chappy steps up as the interceptor. He has had 5 marks in 3 games.

He won’t be dropped but he’d wanna lift his rating quick smart. Ethan Hughes is waiting in the wings lol.

There is a chance they bring back Alex Pearce, put Draper into Chapman role and drop Chapman. In saying that, I’m doubtful. Chapman still has moments that Draper won’t try. Like that intercept possession in the midfield and long kick to Amiss(?) for a mark and goal.

Pearce being out has really unbalanced the team - they can only hold things together with duct tape for so long

Pearce out is really hurting us. Cox is a completely different player. He's not taking the best forward every week, Pearce did. Means everyone else included Ryan and Chappy are a lot worse off because of it.

God forbid a first/second year player doesn't explode onto the scene at AFL level. He was definitely helped in his first two games by the players around him. If he was able to develop alongside Schultz this year he would've been a lot better. But also he showed plenty of games like that at WAFL level before his debut, only difference being he kicked straighter at AFL level.

Crazy how you were willing to give Sturt so many chances because he played a good debut game, despite him being very average at WAFL level and then doing little when he came into the team. But you write off Emmett despite him having a lot less time in the system and playing a toughter position.

He hasn't even been on the list for two years yet and he's played 15 games. Why are you so eager to write him off so early. Older and worse players have had massive turnarounds in form.
Can't say I agree. Emmett has never shown what those other two examples clearly show, talent and class. Emmett's ceiling is Schultz, but you'd rather have a Walters, Bolton tyoe filling that role.

Chapman has been horrid for the last month and more. He won't get dropped, but he needs to be.
Emmett will be out whether its omitted or suspended doesn't really matter.
Erasmus out too.

Bring Fyfe and Johnson in and move some magnets. It's not like we have anyone ready to take Emmett's spot. Simpson goes invisible in the WAFL let alone AFL.
Agreed but Chapman has been a solid defender in the backline in the middle of the season, if LongMuir knows how to position his backline in a balanced way like before then it would work for Chapman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that Pearce out is screwing with all of Cox, Ryan, and Chapman. The last two have to play defensive roles with Pearce out and they're not as effective at what makes them great players. It sucks but we're playing without our most important structural piece.

Can't say I agree. Emmett has never shown what those other two examples clearly show, talent and class. Emmett's ceiling is Schultz, but you'd rather have a Walters, Bolton tyoe filling that role.
Agree 100 percent. He is still a solid player even in the middle of the season since the Dees matchup Freo had, Chapman played well, for a player who can attack off the halfback like JC.

Meh, I said Sturt at the start of the year was playing for his career. I gave him more chances because it was very obvious he had AFL level attributes. If I saw Scott Tuia try to play AFL I'd say the same thing as I'm saying about Emmett.

No ones eager about anything. Imma keeping have an opinion about players and post it in a respectful way while acknowledging when I'm wrong and be fine with it. I don't think Emmett is at the level. Hopefully he makes me look stupid like Sturt did with you

Schultz is kinda the exact player we need this season. Can't have flashy ass players when you don't have the guys who lock it in our 50. It's part of the reason why teams are able to go from d50 to i50 against us.

Chapman you stick with because his disposal is so good and he bites off the hard kick. Same as with Walker it's worth persisting with despite the Danyle Pearce level errors. He settles down and gets more experience and we're a massively better team.

Emmett on the other hand is a straight up potato and is right on the level of Jack Anthony showcases his chicken dance on subiaco oval. He sounds like a great bloke but **** me dead.

Who are we matching up on Cameron? Ryan is hopeless in a one on one matchup, Cox is too slow and Clarke and Chapman would not be good so it is all up to Draper?

Schultz is kinda the exact player we need this season. Can't have flashy ass players when you don't have the guys who lock it in our 50. It's part of the reason why teams are able to go from d50 to i50 against us.
Yes it would be nice, but Emmett is currently miles off what Schultz was producing for us.

Chapman has been out of form for the past few weeks, and if alex pearce was fit I wouldn't be totally against dropping him for Pearce and using Draper in Chapmans role (even though I expect Chapman to get back to form pretty quickly).

But the people considering dropping Chapman for Hughes are crazy imo.

Emmett will get a week for a dangerous tackle so he’s an immediate out.

Aish now needs minutes so he has to go out as well but will likely stay in and they will make the easy predictable swap and Ras will go out.

Sharp I don’t think is going out yet, but the more NOD performs at Peel the closer we are to that swap happening.

In:
MJ, Fyfe

Out:
Aish, Emmett

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back