Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, I said Sturt at the start of the year was playing for his career. I gave him more chances because it was very obvious he had AFL level attributes. If I saw Scott Tuia try to play AFL I'd say the same thing as I'm saying about Emmett.

No ones eager about anything. Imma keeping have an opinion about players and post it in a respectful way while acknowledging when I'm wrong and be fine with it. I don't think Emmett is at the level. Hopefully he makes me look stupid like Sturt did with you
Emmett is clearly not at the level now, but has had games where he has been. I just think it's pointless to make these conclusions after such a little sample size 18 months into his career.

It's no different to people writing off Henry early on in his career based on such limited sample size. By midway through his 4th season after enough time to develop and get continuity, it looked like he was delist material. There was very little he showed that even suggested he'd make it at AFL level. Then he played some ok games in the back half of the season and has moved to St Kilda and was looking like a really solid player in his 5th season.

For all the anger directed at a couple of players Serong scrubbed 5 kicks today and directly turned over another two. Jordan has started making foolish errors as he did in the final few minutes when he missed a handball from two meters away instead of going long and direct.

We win today if our leadership group and mids stand up.

There are people here who look for certain players to stuff up and write them off or start personal attacks even when they weren't in the position there was an issue. Some were saying Ras is the issue in the centre bounce when we were down 4 - 0 and he hadn't been in the centre bounce. He then won a ball which led to a clearance and passed beautifully to Treacy... and he still sucks apparently. Why? People want their call on him as a 20 year old to be right? Like someone writing off Brayshaw in year one so he will be shite forever.

When we lose and Fyfe is in the team there are a lot of people here saying he should be dropped as he is cooked or should retire or is selfish etc.

Perspective goes out the window and people search for the player they dislike to criticise. We are a young team. This is the beginning of something special.

The only changes I would make are:

Simpson for Emmett
Fyfe for Ras/Aish. Aish has been out of form for a while now.

If Fyfe for Ras I would happily bring in NOD (if ready) for Aish. We get younger, but he is a big body.

Some here saying Chapman did not win any defensive contests should understand their speaking in absolutes undermines their credibility.

Yes it would be nice, but Emmett is currently miles off what Schultz was producing for us.
At the same point in their careers? After 15 games Schultz was averaging 9.8 disposals, 2.8 tackles, and had kicked 10 goals. After 15 games Emmett is going at 8.7 dispoals, 2.5 tackles, and has 11 goals. Seem pretty similar to me. And this is the same Schultz that hindsight heroes were saying was stiff to get delisted...

God forbid a first/second year player doesn't explode onto the scene at AFL level. He was definitely helped in his first two games by the players around him. If he was able to develop alongside Schultz this year he would've been a lot better. But also he showed plenty of games like that at WAFL level before his debut, only difference being he kicked straighter at AFL level.

Crazy how you were willing to give Sturt so many chances because he played a good debut game, despite him being very average at WAFL level and then doing little when he came into the team. But you write off Emmett despite him having a lot less time in the system and playing a toughter position.

He hasn't even been on the list for two years yet and he's played 15 games. Why are you so eager to write him off so early. Older and worse players have had massive turnarounds in form.
Masive difference when you watch Sturt kick and see his skill and you watch Emmett. I think, at least for me personally, that would be why Id be more lenient/patient with Sturt than Emm.
Certainly wouldnt write off Emmett though but he might have to do more of his trial at Peel level rather than in the firsts

Masive difference when you watch Sturt kick and see his skill and you watch Emmett. I think, at least for me personally, that would be why Id be more lenient/patient with Sturt than Emm.
Certainly wouldnt write off Emmett though but he might have to do more of his trial at Peel level rather than in the firsts
Some players are pure class, and some players work their ass off. Both can be good. Both can fail to make it. I just dont like conclusions being made after 18 months.

Johnson and Fyfe in from Ras and Emmett. Go back to rotating mid.

This is such a big game. Need a packed house and Darcy to pretend today never happened

At the same point in their careers? After 15 games Schultz was averaging 9.8 disposals, 2.8 tackles, and had kicked 10 goals. After 15 games Emmett is going at 8.7 dispoals, 2.5 tackles, and has 11 goals. Seem pretty similar to me. And this is the same Schultz that hindsight heroes were saying was stiff to get delisted...
Yeah I get that, but it doesn't help us right now as we move into this finals series. The time for development and testing has ended. He's not good enough right now and should get another go next year.

I think we're a chance IF we have our absolute B22. Our backline is a different beast with Pearce and our midfield the same with Fyfe. We get massively exposed when our senior leaders don't play. I'd definitely be playing Walters as well based on today, we must have that on field leadership.

Not sure how many of them were playing when we butchered all the other games this year like this, but we are clearly lacking experience and leadership in games like this.

The minute we need either Hughes or Tabs its season over.
There'd be at least 50 players playing regular AFL clearly worse than Hughes. He's limited but he'll put in a decent shift and at the very least, you need selection integrity.

Yeah I get that, but it doesn't help us right now as we move into this finals series. The time for development and testing has ended. He's not good enough right now and should get another go next year.
And that's fair enough, but the biggest problem is that we literally have no one else. If we did then I would love for Emmett to keep developing in the WAFL. But based on what we've seen bringing Simpson into the team isn't going to change anything. We need more experience going into these last three games.

I think our best shot right now is moving Banfield/JOM forward, bringing NOD onto the wing, and bringing Fyfe and Jonno back into the team. NOD's been our best for Peel since coming back and Banfield is more likely to have an impact up forward than anyone else in Peel.

Some players are pure class, and some players work their ass off. Both can be good. Both can fail to make it. I just dont like conclusions being made after 18 months.

Sturt has afl level goal kicking skills and afl level speed, both of which were evident from game 1 pretty much. That doesn’t mean a guarantee he was going to make it, but it’s a good start.
What does Emmett have that makes you think he’s an afl player? Good size, hard worker, anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sturt has afl level goal kicking skills and afl level speed, both of which were evident from game 1 pretty much. That doesn’t mean a guarantee he was going to make it, but it’s a good start.
What does Emmett have that makes you think he’s an afl player? Good size, hard worker, anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The same things that Schultz had that made him a very handy player for us.

Again though, why are we writing off players this early into their careers? Because they're not flashy, skillful players? Not all are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the anger directed at a couple of players Serong scrubbed 5 kicks today and directly turned over another two. Jordan has started making foolish errors as he did in the final few minutes when he missed a handball from two meters away instead of going long and direct.

We win today if our leadership group and mids stand up.

There are people here who look for certain players to stuff up and write them off or start personal attacks even when they weren't in the position there was an issue. Some were saying Ras is the issue in the centre bounce when we were down 4 - 0 and he hadn't been in the centre bounce. He then won a ball which led to a clearance and passed beautifully to Treacy... and he still sucks apparently. Why? People want their call on him as a 20 year old to be right? Like someone writing off Brayshaw in year one so he will be shite forever.

When we lose and Fyfe is in the team there are a lot of people here saying he should be dropped as he is cooked or should retire or is selfish etc.

Perspective goes out the window and people search for the player they dislike to criticise. We are a young team. This is the beginning of something special.

The only changes I would make are:

Simpson for Emmett
Fyfe for Ras/Aish. Aish has been out of form for a while now.

If Fyfe for Ras I would happily bring in NOD (if ready) for Aish. We get younger, but he is a big body.

Some here saying Chapman did not win any defensive contests should understand their speaking in absolutes undermines their credibility.
I'm for Aish being dropped to get some match time. Hasn't he been sub the last few weeks? I think you're singling him out for poor form. He's done more with very limited time than some others.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to see Aish being sub again so he’s either starting or back to Peel.

Obvious ins, Fyfe and MJ
Emmett probably suspended regardless. Probably Ras the other out?

Cupboards getting a bit bare unfortunately :(

Already a bit nervous about who’s playing on Cameron?

There’s no calmness to Emmett. It just all looks frantic and rushed.

Which is fine if you can apply it in a defensive sense but he just didn’t even seem on the screen. When he did pop up little came of it. I get people can miss any goal but his missed snap should be bread and butter for any medium forward all the way down to D grade ammo’s. He was 35m out running to his favoured side and in the perfect position to snap and just stuffed it.

Hard to see Aish being sub again so he’s either starting or back to Peel.

Obvious ins, Fyfe and MJ
Emmett probably suspended regardless. Probably Ras the other out?

Cupboards getting a bit bare unfortunately :(

Already a bit nervous about who’s playing on Cameron?

Ryans done the job a few times on Cameron I believe.

Chappy has had a rough month. He is not intercepting, he is getting goals kicked on him, his kicking is off, he is hesitant, indecisive.

If Ryan is getting the bigger jobs with AP out surely Chappy steps up as the interceptor. He has had 5 marks in 3 games.

He won’t be dropped but he’d wanna lift his rating quick smart. Ethan Hughes is waiting in the wings lol.
Hughes is better for the team defensively. He’s experienced, can intercept.
Wouldn’t mind him play in the backline and put Chapman wing, on bench and play a role up forward.
Chapman wants to rebound - but already have Wagner, Walker and Clark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back