Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't remember which game it was, possibly the loss to the Bulldogs. But there was a game earlier in the season where Brayshaw started on the wing and we were really poor early and Will Schofield on his podcast said that we need to start each game with Brayshaw/Serong/Young in the middle. Not suggesting the coaches take advice from Will Schofield but since that happened we've started each game with Brayshaw/Serong/Young.
Possibly. But I think we should have more data now to what the starting mix should be. We can't be letting teams get a jump on us, not that it won't happen even with Fyfe starting but I think starting we it'll help

Chapman needs a spell in the 2's. At his best I love him, but he has too many coach killer moments. Although I think we need him for matchups, especially this week vs the cats, perfect Henry matchup

He is anti fast ball movement.

We have Wags in the team primarily to add run and attack. It does mean we lose some defensively.

Walker looked very good yesterday as he wasn't on a gun small. He could attack more. We are set up for fast ball movement from the back half. It does mean we will get exposed at times if the mids can't slow transition or the ball from stoppages. We are one of the easiest teams to move the ball against over the last 8 weeks. Does it matter if we are killing it in attack? That is the question. It certainly matters at the moment when Pearce is out. Yesterday even Ryan struggled at times as the ball was coming in so fast he couldn't position like normal.
He’s only one. You need defensive stoppers do the dirty work to allow Clark, Wagner and Walker run free. Chapman wants to attacking.
Needed someone to come in and clean up Langford, someone to block Gresham. Someone to come in and go for the ball.

People go ape at one or two ‘slow’ movements Hughes does.
Its about time people go ape at how poor Chapman has been caught out defensively. He squibbed a few contested last week v West Coast when he should’ve just cleaned up his opponent going for the ball. Instead he half goes in and misses the ball altogether.
He’s out of sorts. How do you fix that?

He’s only one. You need defensive stoppers do the dirty work to allow Clark, Wagner and Walker run free. Chapman wants to attacking.
Needed someone to come in and clean up Langford, someone to block Gresham. Someone to come in and go for the ball.

People go ape at one or two ‘slow’ movements Hughes does.
Its about time people go ape at how poor Chapman has been caught out defensively. He squibbed a few contested last week v West Coast when he should’ve just cleaned up his opponent going for the ball. Instead he half goes in and misses the ball altogether.
He’s out of sorts. How do you fix that?
Agree. People want pizzazz and flashy but it's telling when the Grunt and accountability work is neglected and how susceptible the def looks as a result.

Agree. People want pizzazz and flashy but it's telling when the Grunt and accountability work is neglected and how susceptible the def looks as a result.

Right now, i would much rather have Hughes get caught HOTB once a game and slam it on his boot when he gets the ball then see Chapman turn it over 3-4 times a game trying to do too much.

Not too mentioned, Hughes at the present time is a more capable defensive option.

Had grunt such as Ibbotson, Duffield, Dawson. That’s what you need with an attacking trio.
Hughes takes on Langford, and would half contests. Chapman can barely even do that. He’s a pushover.

Feel like Chapman is worrying about being silky with the ball, when he should be on the defensive side

I know stringer is a strong bull, but seeing him break those tackles and kicking the goal was heartbreaking..

Had grunt such as Ibbotson, Duffield, Dawson. That’s what you need with an attacking trio.
Hughes takes on Langford, and would half contests. Chapman can barely even do that. He’s a pushover.

Feel like Chapman is worrying about being silky with the ball, when he should be on the defensive side
Chappy does have alot of elite skills, but there has been few instances now , including yesterday , where he kicked into the middle straight to the Oppo. Not sure they scored off yesterday's one but yeh

Stringer has a history of ripping games apart - 'twas always a possibility. He is hot and cold, but when he's hot he's amazing.

Feels like his hot routinely comes against us.

Jackson wasn't garbage, kicked 2 had a hand in a couple more, his work off the ball to get Treacy & Amiss one on ones is underrated

We paid for a unicorn, not a 3 legged rocking horse from Temu.

Although he had some brilliant moments yesterday he was also largely absent. Maybe that’s what the unicorn brings?

Just once, from a kick out, I’d like to see him pull down a mark.

I'm dropping Darcy for Reidy. Whether it's injury or form, I think Darcy has been fairly poor for the last couple of weeks.
I've only seen Reidy a couple of times at Peel, but based upon those observations, anyone saying they want him for Darcy next week, will be saying the exact opposite the week after.

Darcy was a steaming turd yesterday but I'd be slipping him some angry pills during the week and getting ready for a turnaround in performance before thinking Reidy is the answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer has a history of ripping games apart - 'twas always a possibility. He is hot and cold, but when he's hot he's amazing.
Need one of those for Fremantle.
It’s what we’re missing tbh.
Emmett wasn’t good yesterday and Frederick just doesn’t want to step up

Is there any word on Treacy? I know he came back on later in the game yesterday but it really was a turning point of the game if not our Season when he went off.

He's probably our most important player.

Is there any word on Treacy? I know he came back on later in the game yesterday but it really was a turning point of the game if not our Season when he went off.

He's probably our most important player.
Can’t say it was turning point, when midfield was responsible for it all. 5 centre clearances in a row loss.

We paid for a unicorn, not a 3 legged rocking horse from Temu.

Although he had some brilliant moments yesterday he was also largely absent. Maybe that’s what the unicorn brings?

Just once, from a kick out, I’d like to see him pull down a mark.

We paid for what the 21 year old 200cm bloke could become. Not what he is now at 22.

Which 200cm blokes under the age of 23 are currently more consistent than Jackson in a forward / ruck role.

Can’t say it was turning point, when midfield was responsible for it all. 5 centre clearances in a row loss.

Yeh you're probably right but very coincidental that we were up and injured his knee went off and Essendon overran us.

Was it mental seeing him go hobble off but it wouldn't have mattered because it never went into the forward line except for Amiss's Goal.

Yeh you're probably right but very coincidental that we were up and injured his knee went off and Essendon overran us.

Was it mental seeing him go hobble off but it wouldn't have mattered because it never went into the forward line except for Amiss's Goal.
'Twas when Ras was subbed off that we started getting smashed in the clearances.

We paid for what the 21 year old 200cm bloke could become. Not what he is now at 22.

Which 200cm blokes under the age of 23 are currently more consistent than Jackson in a forward / ruck role.
I'll pay that, but he has shown so much already that it does become frustrating. You don't need to be 28 to grab a mark cleanly nor do you need experience to run under the ball and mistime jumps. He has all of it in him, but there's no question he's playing well below his own standards. Surely, we agree with that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back