Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you more upset about the trade or the form of the pies ?

If they backed up their form from last season then pick say 15 to 18 would be a win.

Seems a lot of people are upset at the wrong thing.

I have no worries about the first round pick we gave, I’m more worried about the drop in form.
Do you think had we used that currency on a midfielder or a half back instead of Schultz our form would be better?

I can see and appreciate that fact has effected our results this year. That Doesn’t absolve our recruiting staff and coaching staff for the poor decisions they’ve made.

You forget we started the year 0-3 with virtually no injuries.
The list decisions that won us a flag last season?

List management is not one trade and you like a few conveniently leave our the good ones.

Ok, we’ve traded what has turned out to be a top 10 pick. We also traded in a norm smith medalist for a second rounder that won us a flag.

I can see and appreciate that fact has effected our results this year. That Doesn’t absolve our recruiting staff and coaching staff for the poor decisions they’ve made.

If we finished with a flag then the decision of pick 18 would have looked fine. So the “decision” looks bad because injuries have resulted in a lower ladder position and therefore higher pick.
By agreeing injuries were an issue then logically you can’t blame the recruiting staff.

If we finished with a flag then the decision of pick 18 would have looked fine. So the “decision” looks bad because injuries have resulted in a lower ladder position and therefore higher pick.
By agreeing injuries were an issue then logically you can’t blame the recruiting staff.
But even with less injuries we were not winning the flag this year due to our tactics and our reinforcing the wrong areas in the off season.

Seasons over and it’s still a beautiful day in Perth. Some of the eeyores on here need to go touch some grass. Morning trip to Bunnings resulted in this thing of beauty.

(And yes I bought a Carlton doormat to wipe my feet on)

View attachment 2073959
Did they have any Carlton toilet paper. Would make going to the loo a pleasure.

Bytel was delisted or cut from his previous team because he's lazy.

Never seen someone give up on the ball if it requires him to bend down and pick it up.

He is lazy. Some skills, but lazy.
You would think they would have learned after what happened with Seir.

2024 - 1st round commenced Thursday 7th March, we played on 9th March

2023 - 1st round commenced Friday 16th March, cats played on 17th March

2022 - 1st round commenced Wednesday 16th March, which was the dees

Brisbane who also came back earlier than any grand finalist in recent times also struggled early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024 - 1st round commenced Thursday 7th March, we played on 9th March

2023 - 1st round commenced Friday 16th March, cats played on 17th March

2022 - 1st round commenced Wednesday 16th March, which was the dees

Brisbane who also came back earlier than any grand finalist in recent times also struggled early.
Our first game came against the team we played on the prelim. They only had a week earlier than us. It’s not a good excuse.

The list decisions that won us a flag last season?

List management is not one trade and you like a few conveniently leave our the good ones.

Ok, we’ve traded what has turned out to be a top 10 pick. We also traded in a norm smith medalist for a second rounder that won us a flag.
Usually I agree w you Stormsky, but I judge the process as results will always differ

- 2022 trading was still slightly above value for what those players were currently delivering (for whatever reason) and the cost of the trades (even if the players didn’t develop or fit our scheme, weren’t going to seriously compromise our future drafting / trading
Had GWS know he would be a NS medalist, then they quite rightly could and should have asked for more. He wanted out and they did ok for what he had produced.

- I’m in the camp of I don’t care if our F1 for Schultz turns out to be pick 6 or 18, the process of the deal wasn’t right. He was not worth a F1 and current 2nd. I hate other posters (not you) making assumptions that I wouldn’t be criticising the trade if it was 18. The trade was short-sighted, arrogant and flippant with our pick currency (this is all my opinion - but I think I’ve argued it well). He would have been UFA in one year, and I believe the picks (if they needed to be traded at all) should have been spent in other areas of the ground. We have the right and responsibility to walk away from trades if the other club asks too much.

What is disgraceful is the treatment of Schultz who had no say in his cost. My fury is direct solely at those who signed off on this

- further, just bc we trade well one year doesn’t give those responsible a open-ended stamp to “just get deals done”. Look at the names we are now mentioning about bringing in bc we can’t bring in quality. Look at the decisions being considered about future picks being trade bc we don’t have the currency for this draft that has both the mids and talls we need / like. Imagine if there was a Selwood there at our first and he could help us win multiple flags? Yes I know that reaching but it’s the same as posters who as so dismissive of first and second round picks

I’d have also been staunch on making the Cats give a first for Ollie or be willing to see him go to draft for nothing. There are still benchmarks to be set. Just my opinion.

Sorry about the long response, not directed at you, I’m just so mad that an idiot like me could see the foolishness of last season’s trade period and those who are smart and make big $$$ couldn’t be more responsible for our future - we are the club, not them.
Bet they’ll still take my membership $ next year.

Last edited:
Our first game came against the team we played on the prelim. They only had a week earlier than us. It’s not a good excuse.
My eyes don’t lie, we played like it was a practice game for the first 2 weeks. Our third game against the saints looked more like a round 1 game.

That the Brisbane footy boss said it was ridiculous to start earlier and was a factor in their form backs that up.

Are you more upset about the trade or the form of the pies ?

If they backed up their form from last season then pick say 15 to 18 would be a win.

Seems a lot of people are upset at the wrong thing.

I have no worries about the first round pick we gave, I’m more worried about the drop in form.
I’m worried about the terrible trade deal for a very average footballer who can’t hit the side of a barn with us and also concerned about the form yes
Injuries have really hurt also
Team selection this year has been average
They’ve favored some .. lipinski Bytel and treated others poorly like reef

So the recruiting staff had no foresight to imagine a scenario where we didn't win the flag this year?

Never seen someone give up on the ball if it requires him to bend down and pick it up.

2.5 mins left last night he could've put his body on the line for a contested mark 40m put but he shat himself and waited for the ball to hit the deck.

Mentioning the umpires in your presser after a loss never goes down well...

Yep, he missed on that one.
Every supporter (our and oppo) know it was terrible.
Calling it makes you look like a sore loser - these are the things you just have to seethe about behind closed doors and address with the AFL - but don’t say you will in a presser.

I think he’ll know himself he shouldn’t have said this.

My eyes don’t lie, we played like it was a practice game for the first 2 weeks. Our third game against the saints looked more like a round 1 game.

That the Brisbane footy boss said it was ridiculous to start earlier and was a factor in their form backs that up.
It was ridiculous to start so early but it’s on those at the club to be prepared regardless.

Not sure about this - - it’s not laziness he just lacks the confidence to act, and takes the path of least risk. In his mind it’s better to do that than make an error.
Self preservation is a powerful driver of his actions.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back