Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires were a factor but when your best players go missing you get what you deserve.

Naicos has been very disappointing in last quarters 2 games in a row. Just not hard enough.

100% agree with all of it.

Nick should of gone harder a few times at few different points in that game, in saying that we really need to find him some support.

I'm sure he would. He just wouldn't do it in his presser.
You can’t just make a quiet phone call on those deliberates. The heat needs to be public as the calls were that bad.

The Daicos and Moore deliberates we’re near impossible to pay. McStay 50 gets paid anywhere or any other time of the game 75-80% of the time.

Two sets of HTB rules as well.

I 100% completely understood your post. I just thought you were a massive ****head for using our loss to get on your high horse about your pissant rivalry with Fremantle on the Collingwood team boad.
Righto Champ. I actually enjoy reading the Collingwood board because most of the posters are pretty intelligent. I guess you are an exception. Maybe you missed the other posts about Schultz?

This year is over but quite a few games were lost by bad luck and poor umpiring, combined with a tough draw and multiple injuries throughout the season and I suspect many playing with injuries through necessity

Add the injured/retired Murphy, De Goey, Mitchell, Mihocek and maybe Harrison to tonight’s lineup and we have a team that could overcome luck/umpires/draw

We have been forced to play what I consider to be too many depth and developing players to seriously challenge for back-to-back flags.

As a one-eyed Magpie for over 60 years, I am proud of our players, their endeavour, our coaches, our veterans and our organisation. I look forward to the next batch of youngsters, especially Smit, DeMattia, Jiath and Parker taking the next step

Florets Pica
I'm still seething. I'm sure I'll feel a little more hopeful in a few days' time.

On the evidence of tonight Sydney aren't winning the GF either.

Brisbane vs Western Bulldogs is my tip.

Go Dogs.
That’s the worst part, compared to the sides we’ve played since the bye Sydney were awful, didn’t pressure us at all for 3 quarters and couldn’t get any run going and we still, even after all that bottled it big time!!!
Some players will pay the price at the end of the year, but personally my confidence in Fly’s coaching isn’t what it was last year.
Game day he’s been ordinary.

I’m not blaming umpires for that, it was obvious from that first goal in the last quarter we were going to be run over. We got one against Norf so swings and roundabouts on that one.

If we as supporters can see what’s coming why then do the coaches and players not or perhaps they do and the game plan is do nothing. Anyway I’m moving home in September so at least I don’t have to book the moving truck around our games.

Cox was tackled in the process and surrounded by four Sydney jumpers with no support whatsoever. I don’t know what alternative you think he had? And even then, I think it was a dubious pay and the umpire attributed the intent because of the context of the contest rather than the action itself.

Moore’s decision was absolutely ridiculous though. What the ruck was he thinking.
Yet the action of Moore has been non-penalized most the season. I can't recall watching a game where so many intentional out of bounds were suddenly paid in the dying minutes of a game. Fishy as.

They are pretty dumb tho so where's that going to lead 😂

That is why the AFL are reactive and change the rules and interpretations. It has happened to other teams as well.

Hawks rush behinds in a gf and score for the opposition - quick gotta stop that. What sport punishes a team for scoring for the opposition?

We win in 2010 and have crazy high rotations - quick gotta stop that

WCE were the masters of wasting time back in the day - quick gotta issue more 50m penalties.

Jimmy Clement masters the art of marking with a subtle use of the hands - quick gotta stop that.

Me too. As I said, for the first time in three years I'm in that cut up the membership card kind of mood! It will pass but it's been a shitty year on the home front and one of the things that keeps you going is the Pies and the hope you cling to.
It feels like a stab in the guts.
Hope all is okay mate, footy is definitely one of this things that gets us through the rougher times. Tough loss, but keep supporting and navigating your way through things 💪🏼

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But at least when they get to training on Monday you won’t be able to tell that they lost and are not playing finals, that’s the main thing isn’t it?

I said after the bye we’d be lucky to win one game for the rest of the season.

I’ve said this a few times over the past few months. We won’t be a competitive side until at least 2030 now. No young players expect Nick and Beau but Beau is not a 30+ possession player. No trade or draft capital at all so this year at least we need a miracle to draft anyone decent with our first pick at 200 because you know we gave up so much for the worst trade we’ve ever done.
I bet we play finals next year. What do you think?

Fly won a flag way earlier than he should of with our list, Schultz was not a need for us so not sure why we did the trade not saying he is shit but he wasn't a need that is what i don't get

Yet the action of Moore has been non-penalized most the season. I can't recall watching a game where so many intentional out of bounds were suddenly paid in the dying minutes of a game. Fishy as.
I can’t think of many occasions where players are brazen enough to do what Moore did, let alone what the outcome was. If someone finds footage of other examples I’d be keen to watch it. Absolutely no issues with that umpiring decision as far as I’m concerned.

Same old story. Can never put our foot on the throat when we have the match in our hands

Does that lend itself to maybe we don't quite have the talent there to do it?

We won a well deserved flag but we did so with a record number of close wins. Which means the opposition were also in every game up to the death knell most weeks.

You can’t just make a quiet phone call on those deliberates. The heat needs to be public as the calls were that bad.

The Daicos and Moore deliberates we’re near impossible to pay. McStay 50 gets paid anywhere or any other time of the game 75-80% of the time.

Two sets of HTB rules as well.
It only makes you look like a whiny sook. Particularly after a loss.

There are proper channels to ask for clarification on decisions. And that's what Fly would do.

He's not a whinging grandstanding Scott brother.

One of my favourite 70's & 80's singers Ian Dury composed & sang a song called "What a waste". Well that phrase certainly applies to the highly valued 1st Round Draft choice that we so generously gave to Fremantle for Lachie Schultz. He is no better than Ginnivan (now at Hawthorn of course for a 2nd Round pick) or Joe Richards. Would we get a 1st Round Draft choice from another AFL club for either of them or even both of them as a package? No way. Another piece of totally dumb recruiting. Regardless, I would just play the kids on the list such as Allan, Ryan, McGinness, etc, etc, for the remaining 3 rounds to see if they have anything to offer the club going forward. Goodnight & good luck. (and hopefully McRae "hit a few of them with his rythm stick" after that performance).
I saw Ian Dury and I thought you were going to call Shultz a block head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back