Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing tonight doesn’t matter, it’s just annoying.

Even if we won every game we prob would’ve missed the 8 with the other teams we are battling against having easy draws.

At least can play the Kids Now

Losing tonight doesn’t matter, it’s just annoying.

Even if we won every game we prob would’ve missed the 8 with the other teams we are battling against having easy draws.
It matters because “probably” missing out means you’re still a chance and we blew it😔.

But at least when they get to training on Monday you won’t be able to tell that they lost and are not playing finals, that’s the main thing isn’t it?

I said after the bye we’d be lucky to win one game for the rest of the season.

I’ve said this a few times over the past few months. We won’t be a competitive side until at least 2030 now. No young players expect Nick and Beau but Beau is not a 30+ possession player. No trade or draft capital at all so this year at least we need a miracle to draft anyone decent with our first pick at 200 because you know we gave up so much for the worst trade we’ve ever done.

Why can’t we lay a tackle when opposition mids go hard yet we get caught left, right and centre?

That fourth quarter when the Swans went up a gear is precisely where our season fell off a cliff. Players falling off tackles everywhere. Two or three at the man and we don’t lock the contest up, and we subsequently get burned on the outside by their superior numbers.

It was infuriating all season. I can forgive a quarter against a quality football side tonight but that has been the symptom of our year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care how goos Schultz' pressure is, he's as dumb as dog shit. **** him off.
One of my favourite 70's & 80's singers Ian Dury composed & sang a song called "What a waste". Well that phrase certainly applies to the highly valued 1st Round Draft choice that we so generously gave to Fremantle for Lachie Schultz. He is no better than Ginnivan (now at Hawthorn of course for a 2nd Round pick) or Joe Richards. Would we get a 1st Round Draft choice from another AFL club for either of them or even both of them as a package? No way. Another piece of totally dumb recruiting. Regardless, I would just play the kids on the list such as Allan, Ryan, McGinness, etc, etc, for the remaining 3 rounds to see if they have anything to offer the club going forward. Goodnight & good luck. (and hopefully McRae "hit a few of them with his rythm stick" after that performance).

The afl has been pushing the northern markets for at least a decade. They’ll be happy with the swans winning tonight.

I know a few Swans supporters, and believe it or not, they actually believe the AFL is against them. You see this a lot online with their supporters as well. The AFL cannot allow the Swans to spend signicant time down the bottom of the ladder and they don't.

Another unforgivable last 10 minutes.

There was absolutely no reason for them to turn that around the way they did. They had nothing going for them. No momentum, no structure, nothing.

We just rolled over.

Sums up our season.
This

The swans were dead in the water. Looked like training drills first 5 minutes of last quarter. We had all the ball, all the momentum, a 27 point lead then inexplicably stopped

I don't understand the insufficient intent call against Daicos where he kept the ball from going out with his disposal, but then got pinged. I thought more than any other call his intent was crystal clear there, and it was to keep the ball in? Right? His intent to keep the ball in play was sufficient enough to keep it from going out in the first place.

May as well change it to last touch out of bounds is a free kick against.

Relying on the umpires to make subjective decisions is beyond their skillset.

No the two from Cox and Moore were blatant taps towards the boundary from 2 dumb footballers.
Cox was tackled in the process and surrounded by four Sydney jumpers with no support whatsoever. I don’t know what alternative you think he had? And even then, I think it was a dubious pay and the umpire attributed the intent because of the context of the contest rather than the action itself.

Moore’s decision was absolutely ridiculous though. What the ruck was he thinking.

I don't understand the insufficient intent call against Daicos where he kept the ball from going out with his disposal, but then got pinged. I thought more than any other call his intent was crystal clear there, and it was to keep the ball in? Right? His intent to keep the ball in play was sufficient enough to keep it from going out in the first place.
Absolutely agree. That was an absolute shocker of a decision!! To pay all those deliberate out of bounds in final minutes of the game seems mighty suspicious to me.

Not sure about this. We had the game in the palm of our hands with 12 minutes left. We just had to keep playing the same and score. But we went into the tried and failed conservative mode.

Not even sure we went into a conservative mode. From memory, we had 4 chances in the last to put them to the sword, just couldn't nail the goals (1.2 and 1 oof from 12 I50s, Swans only had 13 I50s). Then we just couldn't contain Heeney and Warner at the stoppages.

Last edited:
Been saying it all year. Schultz is an absolute spud. Weak as piss and should never put the jumper on again.
Piss off. He's had an average to poor year. He can play and has proven it. He'll get better. Spuds don't win Two Derby medals in WA.

I know a few Swans supporters, and believe it or not, they actually believe the AFL is against them. You see this a lot online with their supporters as well.
To be fair, I think quite a few supporter bases do. I remember Richmond and Carlton fans expressing similar over recent years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back