Autopsy Round 23 2024 - Good guys vs. Jesse's ex-girl, 1:45pm AEST Sat 17th August, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was Young’s continued efforts to fight through the tackle that led to him being brought to deck
I know Cameron got off when Duggan did the same, but the AFL were really keen on that (and also the umpire's quick whistle directive not being applied) not mattering.

Just realised that this game means that Jesse Hogan has now played more games for us (72) than he did for Melbourne (71). 6 goals is a nice way to celebrate that.

When we traded pick 54 (Zac Langdon) for a pretty much broken Hogan, who among us had that we would getting a Coleman Medal winning All Australian on their bingo card?

Yeah, me neither.

When we traded pick 54 (Zac Langdon ) for a pretty much broken Hogan, who among us had that we would getting a Coleman Medal winning All Australian on their bingo card?
My first glimpse of him live was at the opening game of 2016 when Melbourne narrowly beat us at the MCG. He kicked a few late goals late to win the game for them and I hated him for it. :sweatsmile:

My first glimpse of him live was at the opening game of 2016 when Melbourne narrowly beat us at the MCG. He kicked a few late goals late to win the game for them and I hated him for it. :sweatsmile:
I remember that game well. He made our defenders look second rate and they weren’t.

When we signed him to replace Jezza I was pretty happy cause I knew what he was capable of and far better structurally for the side cause of his marking. Jezza was always a second tall

Just realised that this game means that Jesse Hogan has now played more games for us (72) than he did for Melbourne (71). 6 goals is a nice way to celebrate that.

When we traded pick 54 (Zac Langdon) for a pretty much broken Hogan, who among us had that we would getting a Coleman Medal winning All Australian on their bingo card?

Yeah, me neither.
I thought he'd be a placeholder for a couple of years to avoid stunting KPF draftees growth by throwing them up against mature bodies and seeing them break.

Quite happy to see him place holding four years on and for the foreseeable future too!

On a sidenote, I was in the Hordern Room on the weekend instead of my usual seats closer to the middle. Being up one end and higher gave me a better view of our forwards and I'm comfortable saying I know why we won't drop Cadman - the work the two of them do together to spring Hogan free and prevent double teams is rigorous, over and over again.

Last edited:
I thought he'd be a placeholder for a couple of years to avoid stunting KPD draftees growth by throwing them up against mature bodies and seeing them break.

Quite happy to see him place holding four years on and for the foreseeable future too!

On a sidenote, I was in the Hordern Room on the weekend instead of my usual seats closer to the middle. Being up one end and higher gave me a better view of our forwards and I'm comfortable saying I know why we won't drop Cadman - the work the two of them do together to spring Hogan free and prevent double teams is rigorous, over and over again.

Yeah, I was taking a look at Cadman & saw a number of times how he got in between Hogan & Hogan’s man and basically forced his opponent to take Hogan instead, while Cadman forced Hogan’s opponent to take him was quite a thing to watch.

I thought he'd be a placeholder for a couple of years to avoid stunting KPD draftees growth by throwing them up against mature bodies and seeing them break.

It's incredible to watch

Yeah, I was taking a look at Cadman & saw a number of times how he got in between Hogan & Hogan’s man and basically forced his opponent to take Hogan instead, while Cadman forced Hogan’s opponent to take him was quite a thing to watch.
At some point Hogan will be basically double teamed to take away his influence. Cadman will have to stand up and take his opportunity. I think he's up to it.

At some point Hogan will be basically double teamed to take away his influence. Cadman will have to stand up and take his opportunity. I think he's up to it.
Makes me think of Buddy Franklin, how he would have 2 defenders pretty much hanging off him at all times to try and stop his influence.

I wonder if Hogan will get to that level.

That is what happened with Gru last week, soon as they left him alone, he just led to space he made them pay.
Had to drop the double team straight away.

Tom Green (GWS)

Brent Daniels got all the credit, Jesse Hogan as well,” Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne said on SEN’s Sportsday.

“I thought Tom Green’s second half was unbelievable.

“27 disposals, 16 contested possessions, 10 clearances. Second time that’s ever been done in a half of footy.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Green (GWS)

Brent Daniels got all the credit, Jesse Hogan as well,” Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne said on SEN’s Sportsday.

“I thought Tom Green’s second half was unbelievable.

“27 disposals, 16 contested possessions, 10 clearances. Second time that’s ever been done in a half of footy.”
Agree with this.
Ironically it is usually the other way, Daniels gets overlooked
Tom was super

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23 2024 - Good guys vs. Jesse's ex-girl, 1:45pm AEST Sat 17th August, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back