Game Day Round 23, 2024: West Coast vs Carlton

Is Andrew Gaff the super-sub we didn't know we needed?

• Yep, 4 more years please.

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • No, Jack Watts

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • No, Jack Williams

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like people in this thread were drinking the bathwater this week and believed the utter drivel coming out of the Vic media.
I don't think so.

Halve the midfield battle today, we win. Maybe we were sucked in a little from the last few weeks, but the peahearts have returned after putting in for two weeks in an attempt to extend their careers and earn a little more cash from the club.

The lack of defensive running is an embarrassment to the jumper. The players do not work hard enough.

Can’t work out the conditions, can’t pick up the loose ball, handballs missing the target, umps going in dry.

Third goalless quarter of Schoey’s reign. Really worried about him as the long term option tbh. But we were even worse last week and we came back to win, albeit against a much poorer side. Let’s see what he’s got at halftime, his usual tricks post the long break have been good thus far.

Players are not playing for each other.It’s like “ I don’t want it,here you have it.see ya!”
LOOK!!!
TOUGHEN UP!!
STOP BOMBING THE BALL!!

The correlation between being slight favourites and an inspidid loss has to be near 1 over the last three years.

The mental fragility is going to take longer to turn over than the list.

Peter Germans free.. there’a a few players who getting hit by flying objects might wake up

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is the worst game of the season. I'm really struggling to even sit through it. Its just ugly footy. I don't really care if we win as it means nothing and it's a bit of a laugh Freo and Collingwood missing finals but the lack of intensity and skill is disgraceful for AFL players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t work out the conditions, can’t pick up the loose ball, handballs missing the target, umps going in dry.

Third goalles ls quarter of Schoey’s reign. Really worried about him as the long term option tbh. But we were even worse last week and we came back to win, albeit against a much poorer side. Let’s see what he’s got at halftime, his usual tricks post the long break have been good thus far.
A bit harsh on Schofield. We've got a lot of B22 players who wouldn't get a run in most other teams and players fail to execute very basic skills.

Not much he can do about those 2 things right now.

I’m completely over Tim Kelly, he’s become an atrocious footballer that only goes when he wants to and his use of the ball and decision making is something you’d expect from a first gamer

More focus on photo opportunities with MMA fighters this week than actual preparation for this game. We desperately need a defensive mid, our stoppage work is horrendous with Baily in the ruck :sick:

Not tough enough
No intensity
Zero workrate

What ab abysmal half of footy.

No excuses for that performance.

A massive membership waiting list, wealthy corporate sponsors and guaranteed 40k attendance every home game generously masks how dire this club has become.

Id we were a melbourne team we would get norf levels of crowd/memberships/sponsorships

Its easy to be a CEO & board of a company that will never struggle financially or for memberships.

He managed last week, but this is why I’m not sold. Third goalless quarter of his reign incoming, and third game where we’re done* at halftime.

*one of which we actually win, last week.

Today it's a genuine goalless qtr and this has been shite. Last week it was a case of having half a dozen or more shots over a 40 minute period goal and none of them going through before luck swung back the other way. You're not sold on Schofield because you don't like him quit making things up.

A bit harsh on Schofield. We've got a lot of B22 players who wouldn't get a run in most other teams and players fail to execute very basic skills.

Not much he can do about those 2 things right now.
That’s fair, but I’m very worried about there being some halves of footy where we look so pathetically disinterested and not up for it, when that’s apparently his big calling card.

He’s the rev up and get stuck in, effort non negotiable guy. And we’ve had the limpest game of the year against the Saints, the limpest first half of the year against North, and now this.

If we had the pill and butchered the skills so got killed on turnover, that’s one thing. They can’t even pick the thing up or hold their position today.

Whoever comes in has some major work cut out but for all the good he’s shown, and he’s shown plenty of good, we’ve also thrown in some reprehensibly disinterested footy.

I’ll tell you an issue from being at the ground. When we are kicking out there are so many options with their backs turned to the footy. Get the basics right ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back