Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really understand.

he was close enough that they warmed him up and tested him out pre game last week, but a full 7 days later he is still not good to go?

Given posters on here with inside info were saying he was no chance last week, yeah they are taking the piss out of the fans with the current injury reporting. Same with Treacy, he was always missing multiple matches yet two weeks in a row now they have said he's close.

Given posters on here with inside info were saying he was no chance last week, yeah they are taking the piss out of the fans with the current injury reporting. Same with Treacy, he was always missing multiple matches yet two weeks in a row now they have said he's close.
The problem, we the fans are taking it personally when they are only trying to throw the opposition off..😉

As we probably good chance of losing against GWS, might aswell roll the dice with Reidy and give 1 more week for Darcy to be right for port

Such a flat way to end the year.

My vision of us going deep into September depends on Darcy and Treacy fit and firing and from all reports they’re both going to be basically on one leg until the whole thing is wrapped up :(

If Treacy doesn't play next week then it's the worst outright bullshit they've ever fed us.

The problem, we the fans are taking it personally when they are only trying to throw the opposition off..😉

Kinda stupid for JL to come out and basically rule him (JT) out if thats the case, furthermore if he isn't playing, he isn't travelling so they will be well aware two days from bouncedown anyway.

If Treacy doesn't play next week then it's the worst outright bullshit they've ever fed us.

He won't play.

Its the old school ruckmans collision injury, typically would expect that to be 4-6 weeks.

We are better off resting Darcy for the game against Port. Jackson will just have to play like a midfielder against Briggs and if Hogan does not play, we should play Cox up forward with Amiss and Voss. Ryan, Draper and Chapman will have to get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My notes from JL's press conference.

Treacy more unlikely than likely. Won't take a risk.
Sean Darcy is better, has not done much this week on the track. Will do a bit today. Sounds 60/40. Won't be 100% this year.
Michael Walters is available. Not sure if he plays WAFL or AFL.

Yeah, it's all shaping up to be a very sad and depressing end to the year
Or Rocky levels of triumphant will not bowing to the conventions of expectation.
I Did It Win GIF by Rocky

Disappointing but we're not the only club going through an injury crisis at this stage of the year, late-season injury collapses have also been Freo's tale of woe for many years - and not surprising given 2024 has probably been the worst ever year for Dockers fixturing/travel BS that I can ever recall. If anything, it's been a miracle we've had a mostly healthy list throughout the year. JL doesn't get a pass for all the ducks and drakes though, regardless if it's designed to put off the opposition.

We aren't winning the GF this year - but I believe it is essential to play finals and get experience, preferably a home-final but bugger it I'll take anything at this stage. I really believe if we finished 7th or 8th we'd win on the road - we've played one away elimination final in 2012 and we towelled Geelong up, the following week we nearly took out Adelaide who has Kurt Tippett/Taylor Walker in prime form from memory.

We've still got good enough players to achieve that - JT was only meant to be depth at the start of the year remember. Amiss and Jackson need to stand the hell up, clunk marks and kick goals. We can add Sturt into the mix as polish to a forward line that's been humming better than ever before. If Jackson is doing his job then Darcy just needs to do his job come finals.

Speaking of Darcy - I haven't been down to training sessions since I worked in Freo a few years ago, but I remember at the start of 2021 watching Aaron Sandilands whip Sean Darcy into beast-mode. It was a relentless training regime that Sandi put him through, massively built up his strength, fitness and prowess. He played 21 games in 2021, and 21 games in 2022. My question is, is Sandi still doing this with Darcy? Has something changed in the past year or two? Granted, Darcy's had injuries but my god his body has never been in worse shape - and he's lost miles of confidence when it comes to clunking marks and general decision making. I believe he needs a massive pre-season like the one I saw to justify the mammoth contacts we've thrown his and Jackson's way.

Disappointing but we're not the only club going through an injury crisis at this stage of the year, late-season injury collapses have also been Freo's tale of woe for many years - and not surprising given 2024 has probably been the worst ever year for Dockers fixturing/travel BS that I can ever recall. If anything, it's been a miracle we've had a mostly healthy list throughout the year. JL doesn't get a pass for all the ducks and drakes though, regardless if it's designed to put off the opposition.

We aren't winning the GF this year - but I believe it is essential to play finals and get experience, preferably a home-final but bugger it I'll take anything at this stage. I really believe if we finished 7th or 8th we'd win on the road - we've played one away elimination final in 2012 and we towelled Geelong up, the following week we nearly took out Adelaide who has Kurt Tippett/Taylor Walker in prime form from memory.

We've still got good enough players to achieve that - JT was only meant to be depth at the start of the year remember. Amiss and Jackson need to stand the hell up, clunk marks and kick goals. We can add Sturt into the mix as polish to a forward line that's been humming better than ever before. If Jackson is doing his job then Darcy just needs to do his job come finals.

Speaking of Darcy - I haven't been down to training sessions since I worked in Freo a few years ago, but I remember at the start of 2021 watching Aaron Sandilands whip Sean Darcy into beast-mode. It was a relentless training regime that Sandi put him through, massively built up his strength, fitness and prowess. He played 21 games in 2021, and 21 games in 2022. My question is, is Sandi still doing this with Darcy? Has something changed in the past year or two? Granted, Darcy's had injuries but my god his body has never been in worse shape - and he's lost miles of confidence when it comes to clunking marks and general decision making. I believe he needs a massive pre-season like the one I saw to justify the mammoth contacts we've thrown his and Jackson's way.
Darcy didn't recover from his ankle surgery till like January, so he had a shit off season and start to pre season. Needs take a week off after this season and then get his off season regime going. The club's 2025 fortunes rest on Sean Darcy's off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back