Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Man we're all West Coast supporters this week. Tank the GWS game and go all in on Port. If we're lucky Carlton lose and this strategy works out.

If we make finals and get our B22 back and fit, anything could happen.
We all need to cheer the Eagles this week, but I have absolutely no faith either get back for Port. We'll be doing this the hard way (missing AP, Darcy and Treacy), the Bradbury way (because Carlton are worse) or not at all.

Man we're all West Coast supporters this week. Tank the GWS game and go all in on Port. If we're lucky Carlton lose and this strategy works out.

If we make finals and get our B22 back and fit, anything could happen.
I've heard it reported if Carlton lose we play finals - but when I look at the ladder predictor there's still other teams that could knock us out of finals contention if we lose both games.

Is there something I'm not getting with the ladder predictor?

I've heard it reported if Carlton lose we play finals - but when I look at the ladder predictor there's still other teams that could knock us out of finals contention if we lose both games.

Theoretically both Essendon and Collingwood can. Bombers have to beat Sydney and Lions (away). Not happening.

Pies have to beat the Lions (MCG) and Dees.

The latter is far more likely but the Lions will be fuming after blowing last week.

Even a draw for us rules out the Pies.

Injuries heading towards or into finals have been a thing for Freo since 1997.
If I remember correctly needed to win one of our last three games to get there. Best chance of a win appeared to be the final round game against bottom placed Melbourne. Lost of course, but had suffered catastrophic number of injuries in the lead up games.
Worse than 2012-2015 and that was pretty bad.
Remember going to a final in Melbourne where Sandi was judged fit enough to play but not fit enough to do the pre match warm up. I think MJ did the majority of the ruck work.

Desi hadn’t played for weeks or months so only lasted 5 min in before injury struck again.
Did I mention that we lost.

I'd 100% take Brodie at the Dees for midfield depth.

Our cupboard is bare and I'd much rather him playing then Tommy '12-15 disposals per game' Sparrow.

You won't be disappointed, not sure why he gets such bad wraps on here because he played some good AFL football for us. I think he is hard done by.

• 2019 Optus BS
  • 2020 Optus BS 20.0
  • Liam Henry
  • 2022 finals campaign forcing us from 4th to 5th after their dreadful capitulation
  • 2024 'dissent'

Have I missed anything?
Taking Motlop, losing to Pies twice and Port once this year. If they can **** us, they will. It's uncanny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This GWS game is exactly the sort of game Freo might come out and win. We play our best when there are no expectations.

The full dockery end to the year will be to beat GWS, while Dogs, Carlton and Hawthorn win both their games. Then we go into the last game knowing that win and we're in, or lose and we're out, and we blow a 3 goal lead in the last quarter to lose by a few points to Port. Then Port make the grand final.

This GWS game is exactly the sort of game Freo might come out and win. We play our best when there are no expectations.

The full dockery end to the year will be to beat GWS, while Dogs, Carlton and Hawthorn win both their games. Then we go into the last game knowing that win and we're in, or lose and we're out, and we blow a 3 goal lead in the last quarter to lose by a few points to Port. Then Port make the grand final.

If we had JT and Darcy i would agree, with both of them out i think we're up shit creek.

How Dare You Greta GIF

You forgot the controversial free kick in the last 5 minutes to give port a shot at goal, to win the game.

If we lose both yeah we won't make it (probably) but if the Eagles win we make it with only winning one of them.

Have to remember we have our best team minus our three most important players. We're not as fkd as Carlton in terms of injury. Still a massive chance to win this weekend. How bad will the last couple of weeks look of Reidy smashes it? (Noting that is quite unlikely given his pre season game, but you never know)

He has improved a lot since the preseason game. He has his limitations but hopefully he can just make the oppo ruck accountable and give our mids equal opportunity. Not sure Jackson has been doing that much this year.

Have to remember we have our best team minus our three most important players. We're not as fkd as Carlton in terms of injury. Still a massive chance to win this weekend. How bad will the last couple of weeks look of Reidy smashes it? (Noting that is quite unlikely given his pre season game, but you never know)

You can win during the season, if your midfield gets on top. We really need to smash them in the midfield, but not sure how we do that with Reid playing his first game.

Let’s hope that Reidy performs above the expectations of the match committee. The preseason game he apparently performed so poorly in is long in the past. At worst it should allow Jackson more time forward rather than exhaust himself battling the GWS ruck whose name I forget.
Like others I believe Jackson would have had more impact through the season had he not been called on to shoulder the burden of being N01 in so many games.

Let’s hope that Reidy performs above the expectations of the match committee. The preseason game he apparently performed so poorly in is long in the past. At worst it should allow Jackson more time forward rather than exhaust himself battling the GWS ruck whose name I forget.
Like others I believe Jackson would have had more impact through the season had he not been called on to shoulder the burden of being N01 in so many games.
Briggs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back