Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

It's kind of baffling that a guy that can bench 140kg can't hold a football. Concrete hands. Hope he learns to mark out in front, it's the one thing stopping him being AFL level.
The wildest part of that is he's incredible at ground level. Genuinely might be our best crumbing fwd. His hands go from clean to concrete depending on whether it's ground level or in the air.

Reidy doesn't have to be better than Briggs.

He just has to be better than Voss/Taberner.

After last week that's not such a huge ask.

Hell it wouldn't surprise me if he is a better ruckman than Jackson either.

This.
Just has to be better than Tabs.
Voss will be better next to Jackson and Amiss too.

Reidy doesn't have to be better than Briggs.

He just has to be better than Voss/Taberner.

After last week that's not such a huge ask.

Hell it wouldn't surprise me if he is a better ruckman than Jackson either.
Get 20 hit outs and will be miles better than Jackson. He’s been horrid as first ruck

What I have noticed about Reidy is that he does kick the ball well for a big bloke. Let’s hope he attracts some sympathy from the umpires.
Unlikely I know. He’ll be lucky if they know his name.

And Fyfe on the bench, like every freaking start we lose.
Who do you want to relegate to the bench? I feel like Serong and Young are now better clearance players, and Brayshaw might be inferior (even if the numbers say it's line ball), but he's the only one with the leg speed and agility to keep up defensively if the ball leaves the area?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre selecting Reidy now so late into the season. If he plays well it will reflect quite poorly on JL and the selectors.
Or, he just wasn't ready?

I agree last week was a flustercluck btw, he should have played. Can understand rolling the dice against the Bombers with the structure that had worked through the season.

It’s only really since missing both JT and Darcy it’s become untenable not to play Reidy.

Jackson into main ruck and Voss in to replace Jackson up forward has made sense and worked reasonably well up until recently

Besides, I’d much rather they learnt from last week over digging their heels in to avoid looking silly by playing Reidy this late in the season

Or, he just wasn't ready?

I agree last week was a flustercluck btw, he should have played. Can understand rolling the dice against the Bombers with the structure that had worked through the season.
How much could he have improved in a week though? He's a mature ager isn't he? I hope he crushes it and plays well but it seems weird to me. Been plenty of chances this year to get him in so why now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back