Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing again puts a lot of pressure on Treacy. Will have to kick 20+ next week to steal Jesse's Coleman...
I can only remember one player kicking 20 odd goals in a match in a serious competition and that was Bernie Naylor against Subiaco from memory. He would quite regularly kick over 100 goals a season.

We are 5 wins from 8 games after an insipid performance against the bulldogs. After that game I thought we could finish with anything from 3 to 7 more wins out of ten games. We are still a chance to make it 7 from the last 10.

Strap in, touch wood, cross your fingers, pray if that’s your thing. All we have had in 30 years is hope. I’m still hoping for a strong finish to the regular season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone tipped us to beat Don's too.

In what world does Cornes like us these days?
It’s because Darcy is out. He’s been banging on about trading Darcy due to Jackson for 2 years. If we win, he will say he’s right again during the week. If we lose he’ll just say we are shit.

Everyone tipped us to beat Don's too.

In what world does Cornes like us these days?
he doesn't.

but he sat down with Champ Data who pointed out that GWS are bottom 5 in 3 key defensive stats and that they win when opposition are inefficient going I50 (gulp) simply because they themselves are so efficient with forward entries

and that Hogan has been the difference 5/last 6 weeks. Champ Data guy rated us as a better than good chance in this. on paper.

whether or not J LO has a gameplan to execute for this remains to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frederick and Walters would be having very similar types of seasons I feel. Jackson would be streets ahead in almost every measure.

Two things can be true at the same time. Freddy hasn't come on as we hoped and he has had a far better year than Walters.

It isn't even close. Show me stats or something objective that say they are having a similar year.

he doesn't.

but he sat down with Champ Data who pointed out that GWS are bottom 5 in 3 key defensive stats and that they win when opposition are inefficient going I50 (gulp) simply because they themselves are so efficient with forward entries

and that Hogan has been the difference 5/last 6 weeks. Champ Data guy rated us as a better than good chance in this. on paper.

whether or not J LO has a gameplan to execute for this remains to be seen.
I think we have the game plan, but we are lacking some key executors. eg. If Pearce was playing, I'd say that's Hogan nullified.

Even though I agree this has all the hallmarks of a classic Freo upset, I have a horrible nagging feeling we'll be 5 goals down after 20 mins.

Pretty critical the players pull out a half decent start or at least limit the damage for the first 10 minutes until they realise the game's already started.

This is my fear - our starting centre bounce line up of Brayshaw, Serong and Young is leaking clearances early.

I am hoping we turn our quarter one form around this week. I think we are in it up to our eyeballs.

This is my fear - our starting centre bounce line up of Brayshaw, Serong and Young is leaking clearances early.

I am hoping we turn our quarter one form around this week. I think we are in it up to our eyeballs.

Brayshaw really shouldn't be in the opening CBA or many others tbh. His best role is when he comes off the contest to impact, he can gut run to each and every ball-up and provide an outlet for the D50 kicker. Don't like when we try and make him the inside mid.

Brayshaw really shouldn't be in the opening CBA or many others tbh. His best role is when he comes off the contest to impact, he can gut run to each and every ball-up and provide an outlet for the D50 kicker. Don't like when we try and make him the inside mid.

Interestingly, Fyfe is named on the bench so I assume Serong, Brayshaw and Young get first shot unless Johnson starts in the guts

Interestingly, Fyfe is named on the bench so I assume Serong, Brayshaw and Young get first shot unless Johnson starts in the guts

Fyfe is almost always on the bench to start which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Surely you want that big body for the first few contests and give him an early spell much like the Eagles to with Yeo.

Does anybody watch many Giants games? What's this Kieren Briggs bloke like as a ruck?

He is a big bullocking lump.

Historically he has caused problems for Darcy physically so i think his absence is pretty felt less then week then it typically might anyway. This is certainly a game where Reidy being a bigger more physical lad is a no-brainer, he would have destroyed Jackson.

He is a big bullocking lump.

Historically he has caused problems for Darcy physically so i think his absence is pretty felt less then week then it typically might anyway. This is certainly a game where Reidy being a bigger more physical lad is a no-brainer, he would have destroyed Jackson.
Yeah ok, cheers mate.

Height wise Liams got him by 2cm. Briggs is bigger bodied I'm assuming?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back