Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

That can work.

I remember when In 2001 how Brisbane beat Essendon twice that season. Beat them mid season in the Gabba and In the 2001 grand final.

Mal Michael was on Matty Lloyd. Justin Leppitch was centre half back and cut off Lloyd and his leads.

I can see Ryan or Aish or a random mid cut of Hogan's leads
Aish has been named in Peel side.

Martial Arts Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

Two things can be true at the same time. Freddy hasn't come on as we hoped and he has had a far better year than Walters.

It isn't even close. Show me stats or something objective that say they are having a similar year.
You can look up the stats. On a player comparison on footywire there's no stat more than 1.0 difference between them. Its difficult to find one area which Fred has improved on in 2024 over 2023. I love Sonny but he's coming to the end of his career. At Freddy's stage, he should be doing more than a cooked Sonny.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s actually a surprisingly good contested mark. His issue is the amount of uncontested marks he drops:

His ball control sometimes gives you the impression that he's already thought about what he is going to do with it before he's got it. Love Freddy but bloody focus on picking the ball up first.

I don't get the Frederick complaints, he goes quiet at times but he's one of our best set shots and contested marks.
My issue is that he's gone backwards this year.Top 10 in Doig last year, won't get near it this year. Down in pretty much every stat this year. Even his goal kicking, 28.14 and 26.12 previous two years, 19.17 this year. 5th year of playing AFL, he should be on the improve. Gets treated very kindly on here compared to most other players.

Freddy has had an ordinary year but..

1. Form is temporary and class is permanent, we know he has the latter.
2. Also not saying someone should be given a free pass at selection but who in the magoos can come in and do much better?
There's nobody because the player has to have a massive tank and be fast.

My issue is that he's gone backwards this year.Top 10 in Doig last year, won't get near it this year. Down in pretty much every stat this year. Even his goal kicking, 28.14 and 26.12 previous two years, 19.17 this year. 5th year of playing AFL, he should be on the improve. Gets treated very kindly on here compared to most other players.

I’m sure that has something to do with his role though. He’s not playing the same he played in the same last couple years. Not so easy to improve linearly if there’s more factors going into it. Schultz leaving has impacted our smalls a lot more than just losing his goals. I’ve seen enough from Freddy that I’m not too worried about his dip this year.

If Reidy goes ok, that will really put the spotlight on Darcy imo.
Darcy is getting paid way too much, for a bloke that is out there for less than half the season.
Same thing we did with Fyfe, when he couldn't get on the park.
Hope Reidy has a serviceable game, looks like he has a bit in his artillery

ps they were selling $10 tickets for this game, so can't be a big crowd.
How long they been propped up this mob? 2012, and they still can't get crowds?
That's 12 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back