Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

The player some of you guys want Frederick to be does not exist.

Like at all.

No-one is a consistent 20 and 2 player in this league.
No one. Not anymore.
Maybe Wingard and Walters years ago. If you’re 20 and 2, automatic elite and AA

Dangerfield, Walters, Robbie Gray, Steve J, Wingard went close (and Fyfe in 2016, but played only 5 games).

Steve J the last in 2011.

Unless I missed someone...
Wingard needed 4 more during the season in 2013 to make it 2 a game. What a jet he was for Port.

Walters in 2019 was phenomenal.

High expectations on forwards is crazy.

Banfield getting 22 disposals 3 goals v Bulldogs is elite stuff. Just wish he persisted in that role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game day. Maybe it's Gallows humour of an eco mind ala Round 23 2011 when 31,000 Freo fans, after another wasted season partly ruined by injuries, turned out to create one of the best atmospheres at an 80 point drubbing of a home team ever. Maybe I've grown just a little bit to be more patient with footy as a whole in an attempt to enjoy it more. Or maybe I'm just genuinely a fool who is happy to ignore all evidence in front of me. (N.B.: It's probably the first one)

But I'm feeling kinda good about this one. Best I've felt in a few weeks leading into a Freo game.

Wingard needed 4 more during the season in 2013 to make it 2 a game. What a jet he was for Port.

Walters in 2019 was phenomenal.

High expectations on forwards is crazy.

Banfield getting 22 disposals 3 goals v Bulldogs is elite stuff. Just wish he persisted in that role
Banfield has playing high FWD or wing for ages

For giants to win by 45 we need to be asleep like the first derby after 2 fiercely contested close losses in Adelaide and the second game against the bulldogs after destroying Melbourne and the bye.

I can’t see us having that sort of lapse. You can throw a blanket over 15 teams this year. Giants start as favourites on form and home ground, Freo will be competitive. There’ll be 15 points in it either way. We’ll win clearances and that will give us a chance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stuck at home with a bad dose of COVID meaning there's no distractions or escapes should we lose, but if we win it'll be the easiest isolation ever.

I think all the people saying they 'feel good' about today say so because the weight of low expectations has typically favoured Freo - there is absolutely no, no reason why we should win this game on paper.

We do not play well in West Sydney, GWS are in peak form and there's no reason why we should beat them with no Treacy, Darcy or Pearce. Walters not there, Fyfe a shadow, Jackson out of form.

Literally so much would have to go right for us today, here's hoping!

Last week when Darcy came out and Tabs came in we had no pathway to victory. The forward structure would never get it done against Geelong with their spare tall at the back. (No disrespect to Tabs).

Our set up for this week at least gives us a chance if our midfield can win the contested ball overall. Reidy has a huge challenge in front of him and we need a lift from LJ, Cox, Ryan and some others.

This week we at least have a realistic chance, unlike last week. I’ve tipped GWS but if we’re near our best we can win it.

Last edited:
He goes whole quarters without a stat. He's a weapon when he gets it. He needs to get more of the footy

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
I really don’t understand this thinking, it’s his job to keep his width and create space in the forward line, he just has to be dangerous enough to ensure a defender goes with him (which he is) it’s why our tall forwards have so much room to lead into, given our recent goal scoring efficiency from F50 entries, I’d say he’s performing his role perfectly, hence he’d be one of the first picked every week. It’s also why our I50 tackle numbers are so low, creating so much space for forwards to compete 1:1 means if they lose or the kick is off the defender also has a lot of room to move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back