Preview Round 23 - Essendon vs Sydney - Friday 16 August - 7:40 PM - Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will only take ̀ minutes to remember why Weiderman was dropped. He is Laverde without the effort.
Im ok with us losing, i wouldn't mind seeing what he looks like as a defender now that he's had a season doing it in the VFL. Some reports have been ok. He most likely doesn't get picked and Brad sticks with Laverde but Lav looks absolutely cooked at the moment. Hayes for Cox seems like a no brainer

We have so many players on the list who are better to try in kpd than weideman. Be my 8th option next year. Needs to be delisted as all of the below are a better long term successful kpd prospect than weideman.

Hayes, Reid, cox, ridley, jones, McKay, laverde.

No point giving him a pointless game when should be gone.

Heppel, Hayes - Cox, Kelly/laverde

Tsatas could come in for full game as well for stringer/langford or someone who is limping to the line.

We have so many players on the list who are better to try in kpd than weideman. Be my 8th option next year. Needs to be delisted as all of the below are a better long term successful kpd prospect than weideman.

Tsatas could come in for full game as well for stringer/langford or someone who is limping to the line.
Only issue being you named 3 injured players and also forgot Baldwin who we'd also play if he wasn't injured. Laverde looks completely shot. I dont think Weideman would be anyones 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th choice but with our injuries is worth a look after a year playing the role in the VFL. Its not like he would be taking game time away from any KPD prospects (provided you also bring Hayes in for Cox)

That’s a dumb as list

Ridley is clearly a 3rd tall defender as playing him KPD kills his production. Jones is a good forward/Ing so why waste him there. And Laverde is not best 22 standard in a good side and definitely not a KPD. Can play medium at times.

There’s 4 guys on that list KPD capable and Reid is always injured. So at the very least you need another to have 2 in the VFL since you can’t rely on Reid’s health

Last edited:
If Scott picks weiderman over Hayes to play against Sydney, it’s time to axe Scott. Would be the ultimate short term fix over long term development

He has had a lot of bad team selections since coming over, but that would take the cake

There is no possible reason you would pick weed over Hayes

B- Heppell McKay McGrath
HB- Roberts Hayes Redman
C- Martin Caldwell Tsatsas
HF- Perkins Jones Gresham
F- A.Davey Langford Stringer
FOLL- Bryan Durham Merrett
I/C- Hobbs, Draper, Wanganeen, Setterfield
Sub- Hind

That’s a dumb as list

Ridley is clearly a 3rd tall defender as playing him KPD kills his production. Jones is a good forward/Ing so why waste him there. And Laverde is not best 22 standard in a good side and definitely not a KPD. Can play medium at times.

There’s 4 guys on that list KPD capable and Reid is always injured. So at the very least you need another to have 2 in the VFL since you can’t rely on Reid’s health
Totally missed the point. Is weideman better than any of them as a long term kpd option?

Please name them.

That’s a dumb as list

You think laverde is not best 22 but Sam weideman could be.

Neither, hence replace laverde with someone equally limited. Think longer term and replace with hayes or any of the other 7. Unless we have 7 talls injured they are all a better option than wedieman.

You think laverde is not best 22 but Sam weideman could be.

Neither, hence replace laverde with someone equally limited. Think longer term and replace with hayes or any of the other 7. Unless we have 7 talls injured they are all a better option than wedieman.

I think both are capable VFL players. Im skeptical about both at AFL level.

I’ve seen what happens when Lav matches up against KPDs and it’s bad.

Weid’s extra height gives him a chance to be more capable against AFL level KPDs in a way Laverde just can’t be/has proven not to be.

Doesn’t mean he will be but for primarily a VFL player options don’t get much better especially with the list flooded with younger KPD types already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think we won't beat Sydney this weekend?

Sydney was out of it at 3qtr time against struggling pies. Ignore that last quarter. They are barely going.

As for us... pressure is off. Classic conditions for a big win.

Sydney was out of it at 3qtr time against struggling pies. Ignore that last quarter. They are barely going.

They are barely going, true.

And we have well and truly stopped.

"As for us... pressure is off." The same was true in the last round against Collingwood, and we absolutely put the foot down.

The old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool my 489 times..."

They are barely going, true.

And we have well and truly stopped.

"As for us... pressure is off." The same was true in the last round against Collingwood, and we absolutely put the foot down.

The old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool my 489 times..."
Won’t get fooled again…

Also I believe humans and fish can coexist peacefully

If Scott picks weiderman over Hayes to play against Sydney, it’s time to axe Scott. Would be the ultimate short term fix over long term development

He has had a lot of bad team selections since coming over, but that would take the cake

There is no possible reason you would pick weed over Hayes
Weideman has been taking the number 1 forward at VFL . I would play Hayes but let’s face it our KPD stocks have fallen in the bin .
Hayes will be around next year. Maybe it could be a test for Weideman as far as possible back up . Or a farewell game 😛

Brenton Sanderson tipped us on Sen today in his strategy segment.

If Stringer kicks better we are a sneaky

We will kick 10.24 - 84 and Sydney will kick 14.1 - 85 even if we're up for the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back