Preview Round 23 - Essendon vs Sydney - Friday 16 August - 7:40 PM - Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview is up and I put way more effort in than this team deserves. Ughhh.

This week see as face Sydney in what is now well and truly a dead rubber, we've our season officially wasted.
effort was there, execution lacking. just like the bombers!

Out: Shiel.he won’t be here next year, no idea why we keep playing him. A midfield of parish,Shiel and Merrett has never worked no matter how many times we try it
Cox,laverde,Menzie
In: Hobbs into the starting team and takes Shiels spot. Hayes to replace laverde,saad to replace Menzie ,tsatas to replace cox

Not sure why anyone would bother to turn out to watch this team at this stage.
A boycott of Friday night footy might send a message….along with the apparent tsunami of cancelled memberships being spoken of.

I think we will lose by 70+. Swans will be up and about after the pies win and have finals on the mind.

I mean it’s hard to give a shit now.

However, let’s have a look at El-Hawli and Hayes, I’d even be ok with Wanganeen in his new role.

And please no Laverde, Menzie or Kelly. Just not anywhere close to the standard.

Sydney by 14 to 22 points as they cruise home without injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute zombie ride home on the train last night. Glen Waverley line, some poor bugger had a medical incident and stopped the train for 20 or so minutes, of course the shout out was “ this is what Essendon do to us”
He eventually made it to his feet, looked in a bad way the poor old bugger straight to hospital it looked like.

Unimpressed Harry Potter GIF

In: playing players where they belong
Perkins half forward, Martin wing/forward, Jones CHF or flank, Kelly back pocket, Cox wing, McGrath Tasmanian ambassador (can we please get a round 1 refund?) Hepp boot studder or maybe running water

The last 6 weeks have been nothing short of gut-wrenching.
My mum asked my dad one morning why it took him so long to get home from the pub the night before.
Two steps forward, 4 steps back.
I walked/staggered that same path for years after, I knew the answer to the problem but I chose to enjoy the walk.
Two years later, Essendon are continually late home.

El-Hawli is one game back from injury. He ain't playing this week but maybe a chance against Brisbane.
Mate, I'm a chance, 65 year old piss head, at least I'd have an excuse for dishing up the shit we as supporters have had to endure over the last 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back